Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,537
» Latest member: ili
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,352

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: tophneal
32 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 10
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
2 hours ago
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,439
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
Yesterday, 07:19 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 393
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 270
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,602
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 501
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 101
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 200
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 135
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 915

CPU speed / governor=performance?
Posted by: sheffield_nick - 07-20-2016, 02:49 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (2)

I'm using Debian Jessie 8.5 base, kernel3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep on a PINE A64+ 2GB and noticed that the CPU clock speed is fixed at 1.152GHz and the governor=performance.

Is this temporary while final scaling settings are being worked out? I'd hope to use something like ondemand, to dynamically scale the clock speed as required, like with other ARM boards. This *appears* to work:

Code:
echo ondemand | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor >/dev/null

and my board dynamically scales between 480MHz and 1152MHz.

Also, are the 1200MHz and 1344MHz CPU speeds practical to use? mentioned in /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

Thanks

Great microSD on discount!
Posted by: SkimMilk - 07-19-2016, 10:21 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

Amazon has the Samsung Pro SDXC 64GB at $23.99.

Grab it while its available!

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-A...HKT06NEZYT

Kickstarter backer still waiting for shipment...
Posted by: pspina3rd - 07-19-2016, 07:27 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

so far I've received a battery out of the blue about 5 weeks ago but nothing else.  Backerkit still shows "Ready to Ship" though I've heard that all Kickstarter boards have been shipped.  I've been patient, but I'd like to know when or if I should be expecting anything....

waterproof aluminium enclosure...
Posted by: beh - 07-19-2016, 11:10 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (1)

Received my aluminium enclosure today - and I'm a little puzzled, I would have thought that if I buy an enclosure specifically for the pine64, that it would at least have some obvious place to mount the pine64 - but the screw holes in the case do not match up with the screw holes in the pine64... ...and no other mounting equipment included, either...
:-(

Is this really "designed" this way, or am I missing something in the delivered package for the enclosure?

Change of address or cancelation of order.
Posted by: addeswe - 07-19-2016, 09:02 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (7)

Hi.

First off, I'm backer 27,630. I have not received my board yet. But that's secondary right now.

At May 29, I made another order for 2 x 2gb boards (order: 8163411). There, I've made a small typo in the address and I sent a mail to sales@pine64.com the same day with the correct address. After waiting for a reply. I resent the mail again at Jun 9. Yesterday I forwarded it to shipping@pine64.com.

If you guys can't fix this. Please cancel the order and repay me. I won't argue about the Kickstarter situation. That is ok and I'm happy to wait for it. But you guys not answering my mails. In 10 days, it will be a month without contact. This is not acceptable.

Andreas

Cross-compiling kernel
Posted by: illustris - 07-19-2016, 06:13 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I want to compile longsleep's kernel from source. Compiling it natively on pine64 is taking too long. Can anyone point me to instructions on cross compiling the kernel on my PC?

Empty space
Posted by: top3b - 07-19-2016, 03:27 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hi,

I burn an 32gb image on a 64gb card due to room request larger than available, now I was wondering if the free space(around 30gb) of my 64gb SD card can be formatted in a new FAT32 partion and used for general purpose.
If the answer will be yes, what kind of software should i use?
I've tried "Disk Management" on my ubuntu distro, but I continue having an error message like this:

ERROR CREATING PARTITION
Error creating partition on /dev/sdb: Command-line `parted --align optimal --script "/dev/sdb" "mkpart primary ext2 30767MiB 64155025407b"' exited with non-zero exit status 1: Error: Can't have overlapping partitions.

(udisks-error-quark, 0) 

Any suggestion? Wink

How can I change shipping address?
Posted by: neyron - 07-19-2016, 02:22 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - No Replies

Hi,

I've no received any information that my order #8162485 was send. I will change my location on few days so I need to change my shipping address. How can I do that? I send mail to sales@pine64.com but I got no response. 

Btw: when my order probably will be sent?

Regards,
Patryk Czarnota

Kodi on pine 2gb/ubuntu os very very slow?
Posted by: ktaragorn - 07-19-2016, 01:26 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

I have the Pine 2 gb version, with ubuntu mate OS via micro SD. I had purchased this mainly to make it a TV box, and I installed Kodi on this, but I find the performance ridiculously slow, like sub 1 FPS, not real time at all. Is this expected? I discovered that VLC doesnt play some of my videos (all that I tried), is this expected?

Would both these problems go away with some sort of codecs and or hardware support for graphics? Or is this not possible?

Also, when i power on my Pine, I get a red indicator light for power. Is this normal? I saw a few images with a green light. Is this an indicator of low power supply? Could this be causing my performance problems above?

Shipping Status
Posted by: zulkifli - 07-18-2016, 06:12 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (4)

HI, good day
I want to know for my order ID [b]#8163206 [/b]
I saw for orders placed in the June will ship late June 2016 to early/mid July 2016, and now 18 July 2016 the mid of july ...
any update thank