Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,353

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 55
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,470
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 408
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 275
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,607
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 506
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 105
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 209
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 139
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 919

Push button on/off switch
Posted by: Wolfenstein - 07-31-2016, 07:59 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (6)

Hi everyone, this is my first post and it is a question.

What is the schematics on this button?

https://shop.pine64.com/collections/acce...off-switch

I want a power button but this is to small for what I want so I need to know this ones internal workings. I am going to get a big user friendly thumb sized button to place on a wooden box.

RHEL Performance Tuning Guide
Posted by: xalius - 07-31-2016, 03:01 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I am trying some things from the RHEL Performance Tuning Guide on the Pine atm, especially interested in assigning IRQ to different CPUs (like mmc/sdcard and GbE for example) instead of having them all on CPU0, but also other things...

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/...ing_Guide/

So if someone has already tried different things I would be interested to hear about your results and experiences, or just start tweaking as well... maybe we can find some
tweaks that the Pine can benefit from...

battery power in android
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 07-31-2016, 02:54 AM - Forum: Lithium and RTC Ports - Replies (40)

OK - so I booted up one of my Pine64+ 2GB boards into Android Lollipop 5.1.1 for LCD touchpanel...

Wifi works - tick
Bluetooth starts - tick
Ethernet works - tick
LCD Panel+touch works - tick
Battery charges - tick
Battery powers pine - UNTICK!

What gives?

I watched its progress charging up an 8000 mAh battery - once charged I pulled the DC in out and it shut off!

Battery definitely connected to the 3 pin PH connector.  Obviously gets a charge through to the battery - why can't I power my pine with the battery?  What's the point in charging it if it won't power the board?  What am I doing wrong?

Accessing USB drive connected to PINE64
Posted by: matsunorij - 07-31-2016, 01:32 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

Hi all,

I've gotten the Pine64 media board up and running with the latest image and all seems to be working well aside from being unable to power on the device with the remote control and that Play store issue (though the work-around of trying to add the Google account gets me around that).  I've installed Kodi on it and it's an amazing app! 

I've got a USB drive connected to the Pine and am able to play all files with no issues.  However, I'd like to be able to add/delete files to the USB drive from my Windows machine - is that possible?  Meaning, can I get the USB drive that's connected to the Pine to show up as a network share on my Windows machine since they're all on the same network?  

I've looked online and found the app "Files drag and drop" but though it says it detects the Pine, A) it doesn't display a list of files on the drive, and B) even though I try to copy a test file, I get authentication errors.

Would anyone have any other suggestions?

MicroSD Size mismatch with Image
Posted by: Hbtr - 07-30-2016, 08:31 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (23)

Hello all,

I am quite a bit frustrated. Just received my Pine64 and began to study how to put it to work. Got two different MicroSD card (16GB and 64GB) and downloaded the images of Android OS and Remix OS. But when I went to burn the images, the things started to get out of the tracks.
In both cards, and using different OS, I was not able to burn any of the images until now (after two days trying). In all cases the error that occurs is related to the size of the image, that does not match with the size of the card. I searched for help on the web and I found that it is possible to shrink the image file. But I must confess that its not something simple for newbies and for windows users, that it's my case. 
Can anyone help me with this issue? 

Sincerely

Hbtr

Ubuntu images w Desktop + Utilities.
Posted by: Vidiot - 07-30-2016, 01:46 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (7)

I can't help but notice that Debian images get updated with desktop of choice and utility packages, while it seems Ubuntu users install their own. I will admit a preference for Ubuntu (I suspect there are some firmware/ drivers that play better with my USB equipment), and while I can add my own desktop and Gparted and all that, It would certainly be handy to have all of that pre-installed...

Code::Blocks IDE compilation manual
Posted by: Artyom - 07-30-2016, 06:25 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

Hello!
This is the first test version of the manual writing in two languages. If you have any comments and suggestions please send them to me by e-mail blademoon@yandex.ru. 
I sincerely hope that it will help you.

Attached Files
.pdf   Codeblocks.pdf (Size: 770.18 KB / Downloads: 552)

Debian Sources list generator
Posted by: dkryder - 07-29-2016, 08:07 PM - Forum: Debian - No Replies

hello,
 i was doing some reading earlier today and found this site which generates sources lists for debian (also has a link to a site that does the same for ubuntu) and decided to post it for some who may find it useful.

https://debgen.simplylinux.ch/index.php

it work well for me.

Using 4GB microSD
Posted by: eunf - 07-29-2016, 02:33 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

Hi,

I have a class 10 4GB microSD card that I would like to use with pine 64 1GB RAM. However, on the downloads section I can only find ROMs for 8/16/32 GB cards. Can I create a 4GB ROM by myself? How?

Thanks

LCD DS1 connection problem
Posted by: vingower - 07-29-2016, 09:31 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (6)

I received my board and LCD screen last week. All went great until I went to connect the LCD touch screen cable to the DC1 connection on the board, the grey locking bar was missing, a quick rummage into the waste bin to recover the packaging and there it was loose in the box. I tried to reinstall the bar but it just snapped in half when I tried to curve it enough to get the two ends located, I have tried holding the cable in with insulating tape, the first couple of times I did get a faint glow out of the screen if I put gentle pressure on the connection with my finger but get nothing now. Any idea's would be appreciated?