Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,353

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 55
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,470
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 408
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 275
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,609
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 507
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 105
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 209
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 139
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 919

using Cellphone/mobile phone display screen
Posted by: desai_amogh - 08-02-2016, 10:50 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (9)

Hi,

I have a spare 4.3 inch mobile phone (moto e) display. Can it be connected to the pine64 ? is there some cable or extension need to connect this? are these compatible?? how do I go about setting this up?

I see that these displays are hi res and pretty cheap. Some replacement 5 inch displays with touch are less than $20.  I searched the forum and dont see anyone using these.

Help!

Keystroke delay via ssh
Posted by: henrycrum - 08-02-2016, 08:37 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (3)

When I'm working with my Pine64+ via the ssh/terminal my keystrokes are intermittently delayed and will hang for various  times. This is only happening with one of my 2 pine64+ boards the other no problem at all.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Cheers Henry Smile

[help] Trying to build a close to mainline image
Posted by: erreip2221 - 08-02-2016, 05:00 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (7)

Hello everyone,

So I'm new to the SBC world with my pine64+.
Therefore I did a lot of reading about bootloading, rootfs and all the crap about allwinner's BSP and boot0 firmware...

I compiled a lot of stuff, but ended up figuring it would be easier to use the "base" image from apritzel. Problems are : 
- I don't have my pine with me to experiment
- I would like to make sure about what I need to do exactly

By using dumpimage of the boot script my understanding is the following:
- I can keep the dtb file which will be picked up through the ${fdtfile} in the boot script
- I should add my kernel in the image file as "uImage" or in "boot/uImage"
- the rootfs should be on the second partition of the image (therefore on mmcblk0p2 once on SD

I have an AARCH64 rootfs using a qemu debootstrap I found in one the pages
I know the kernel has a lot of shortcomings, but ethernet, SD should be ok if ssh agrees to work out of the box...

I also need to figure out how to setup initial user accounts on the image.

That's all  Smile
Any help appreciated

Lithion 3.7 volt PineA64 battery Model 9070120P
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-02-2016, 04:32 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (9)

With this setup (lennyraposo debian mate), the 2G PineA64 and motor speed controlled fan, usb receiver, LED GPIO lab, gps module (in the foreground) using as a full desktop PC mid to heavy loading,  I am getting six (6) hours of continuous use from the Pine64 battery model 9070120p  8000 mah lithion.  

This is fairly consistent between my LCD cb&dt Play Box running Android.

What are the contents of the IoT Kit?
Posted by: jaliste - 08-02-2016, 12:41 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi,

I ordered an IoT KiT with my pledge, but I can't remember nor find what are supposed to be its contents. I know that the ABS enclosure and the ZWave modules are in it and they are still to be shipped, but what are the rest of the components that are included in this?

Thanks in advance

Containers questions...
Posted by: rallar8 - 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (8)

So I have been toying with my three Pine64 with android, ubuntu and debian-- and I have setup piholes and what not- but have basically realized that the Pine64 is way too beefy for just cups or a pihole.

For instance my pine spends 98.7% of it's time at 480 MHz when serving cups and pihole.... So i was looking to add more services, the problem is that what I am looking at, openvpn, cups, pihole, yunohost - whatever my heart desires - basically require control of their respective network stack- so naturally I have tried to make containers with LXC and have basically been having a devil of a time.

Has anyone had success setting up multiple services with containers or qemu or anything?

Thanks

Using the internet
Posted by: tomarneson - 08-02-2016, 11:09 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (14)

I have Pine with the 2GB board and a wifi/bluetooth board. I 'm using Debian Linux OS.  I can't get to any pages on the internet even though I can connect to my cable modem/wifi router using wifi.  The browser tells me "not connected to the internet." I'm a Linux rookie. Can anyone give me a hint.

Power light flashes on then nothing
Posted by: foxy82 - 08-02-2016, 09:40 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (13)

Hi,

So I have a Pine64 with 2GB RAM and an LCD screen. 

I put in an SD card, connect the LCD screen and power and turn it on the power light (red light) turns on for a few seconds. The screen displays an image then the power light goes out and the LCD turns off. 

Is this normal?

I've tried 3 different 2amp power supplies. I've tried 2 different SD cards and burnt 5 different images.

Anything I can try? Is it worth just leaving it powered on once the power light turns off? Have I got a dead board?

Thanks.

FAT-fs (sda2): Volume was not properly unmounted
Posted by: janeku - 08-02-2016, 12:30 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

Good morning,
My daughter has powered off Pine directly from power supply without shut down procedure. 
Any thoughts how to fix it ?

This is what I got when ran dmesg:

[   65.856602] FAT-fs (sda2): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

When I run fsck I get back:

e2fsck 1.43 (17-May-2016)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted.
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.

How to fix this ?

Regards,

USB Capture Card??
Posted by: AUDIOTEK - 08-01-2016, 11:05 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

Would this USB video capture card work with Android 5.1 plus touchscreen I have installed

It's a AV.Io Capture card.
https://www.epiphan.com/products/avio-sdi/

Here's the minimum requirements

Video capture workstation operating system Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Mac OS X 10.10 and up Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher

On the download page it says Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit and similar
https://www.epiphan.com/products/avio-sd...downloads/

Thanks