Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,353

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 52
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
11 hours ago
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,467
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
Yesterday, 07:19 PM
» Views: 406
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 275
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
Yesterday, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,607
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 505
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 104
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 208
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 138
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 919

Controller for android games
Posted by: Thierry - 07-29-2016, 05:50 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hey guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but for playing android games from the play store (angry birds, jet pack and the likes) is it better to use an air mouse or a bluetooth controller? I have neither so i was wondering which i should buy?

Thanks in advance,

straight boot into desktop
Posted by: Ola - 07-29-2016, 01:31 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (2)

How can i make straight boot without password and choose user ?
 ihave:
xubuntu-xenial-mate-20160528-longsleep-pine64-8GB

Rainbow PineA64 Home-Brew card-board Play Box for Android & LCD Enclosure
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-29-2016, 01:03 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (9)

My PineA64 LCD and Android are officially mobile this morning, with this card-board home-brew mobile power enclosure  Blush

The simple solution while waiting for the official "Play Box" is to mount our fabulous and famous tablet guts in the ready-made enclosure the LCD was shipped in !

The packing foam cradle and support feet were glued to the top of the box with SIG-Bond craft glue. The PineA64 board hangs from the top of the box from steel supports and screws, while the battery rests on the bottom of the box. Power and reset switches have easy access through a trap-door cut in the bottom of the box, with a scapulae blade. At the moment the LCD just rests gently in the foam cradle (which was made of the LCD packing materials).  The tablet is 22.86cm x 14.29cm x 4.45cm , and weighs 492g (including the battery).

The PineA64 board hangs from the lid of the card-board boxed enclosure from four steel posts and mounting screws. You can see the FFC connectors in this pic (above) as well the famous glow of our little red power LED. Great care and finesse must be used when installing the cables into the FFC connectors. Gently (and I mean VERY gently) lift up on the black bar, and insert the cable with the connector pads facing towards the board. Notice that the primary 30 pin connector has an extension which is supplied with the LCD (both the extension cable and the extender clips board, are very delicate and easily broken).  Use caution.

Fabulous... now I can have my PineA64 board with me on-the-go, fits great in my man bag... and you know what, it looks great too, right Emily ?

(Emily: right !)     Big Grin

marcushh777

@Emily is a trademark of LordCanti; although, no relevance to any person living or dead may be presumed.   Dodgy

Script for building DD image - I hate 18GB zip files!
Posted by: jonsmirl - 07-28-2016, 07:00 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I've been trying to build Android for several days now without success.  I can build the kernel and I can build Android. What I can't do is assemble an image that will boot.  Does anyone have a script that will assemble the parts into a DD image? Currently I am using the Allwinner pack command with PhoenixCard and that is not making an image that will boot. There is something wrong with the ext2 partitions. Kernel starts but user space fails.

Also - could the Pine64 people please take a new snapshot of their Android source and this time use tar.gz on it instead of zip so that it preserves the files permissions? I had to hunt around and find a hundred files and set +x back on them. Get rid of those zip files and replace them with tar.gz.

Building Android would be so much easier if we just has access to delta repositories that overlay ASOP.
Remember this thread: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1188

Or push a working build up to www.gitlab.com (not GitHub). GitLab will accept repos the size of Android. Heck, just do this to get rid of the bandwidth load on your own servers. Or I can push it up once I have working build. I uploaded the RK3128 tree a while ago. https://gitlab.com/jonsmirl/fireprime

No one is going to work on this code if it is impossible to build it.

Image Burn Issue and Power Auto Off Issue
Posted by: Mohit B - 07-28-2016, 01:51 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

Hi,
I got my Pine A64+ 1GB with a Wi-Fi add on card. I bought an INR 300 worth duplicate Samsung power adapter rated 5V 2.0A. I also bought an 8GB Sandisk Micro SD Card Class 4.

I am having following issues:
1. The default image for an 8GB SD Card on the Pine64 downloads link is not getting written on the SD Card. I tried with Win32 Disk Writer tool and it kept saying that the image size is more than the SD Card size. The SD Card when formatted under Windows 7 shows usable space of 7.2 GB. I then had to use the Phoenix Image and used the Phoenix Card utility to do the Android 5.1 image burn. It was successful. Kindly clarify why it didnt work the normal way ?

2. After the first boot into Android the board, I configured my Wi-Fi and connected to the internet. I connected a wired mouse and keyboard. Downloaded Youtube. As soon I clicked to play the YouTube app the screen went blank. The HDMI signal for still there but nothing was happening. I re-booted the device by powering off and on. This time it showed me a message that Android apps are being optimized during boot. Few minuted after the boot the device turned off automatically. No mouse or keyboard was connected. I re-did the SD card with a fresh Android image but now I am having random screen going blank or the power LED itself going off after few minutes into the boot. I touched and realized that the chips on the board were very hot.

Kindly provide me inputs in solving this, as I am already considering this as a failed investment. Also can you give details of the adapter that you are using Make, Model, Link to Buy and Price in India/Mumbai. This may be a power issue, but I am not sure.

Please help. PS: It was dumb of me to buy the 1GB version, since later while searching the images I read that the Remix OS is suited for the 2GB version and will lag in performance on the 1GB model. Damn shame. Also attaching the image of the power supply being used. It doesn't have option to change cables.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

mounting root filesystem via NFS on pine64+ issue
Posted by: martind1983 - 07-28-2016, 11:20 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (2)

Hello everybody

I have such a issue. I have pine64+ with 2GB DRAM memory. I download Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP 2) image from pine64.pro site and flashed it on my SD card. Everything boots up fine and I can login into OS. However, when I want to mount root fs via NFS protocol it does not work correctly.

For NFS root fs mounting, I created boot script (boot.scr kept in mmcblk0p1 boot partition) which is required ,otherwise u-boot sets default environment which mounts root fs from mmcblk0p2. boot environment (bootargs) I set and saved to uboot.env also stored in boot partition.

From boot progress I can see that booting process reads bootargs, I can also see 5 attempts to wait for root /dev/nfs what is set in my bootargs which countdown. I can also see ethernet interface activation. However, the kernel always mount root fs from SD card.

What is the problem? I have installed and activated nfs kernel server on my host workstation, configured /etc/exports config files for accepting requests from NFS client (development board). I even checked syslog on my workstation if there is some activity for NFS dedicated daemons and service, even traced xinetd whether it is activated. But nothing, any activity?

What can be wrong please?

Thank you very much for your help in advance  Smile  Martin

Are you expecting a PlayBox?
Posted by: Bluphire - 07-28-2016, 10:19 AM - Forum: Enclosures - No Replies

If so, what are your plans with it?

Microphone for Ok Google actions
Posted by: moondark - 07-28-2016, 10:06 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (11)

Is there a way to connect only a microphone (not a headset) to the pine and keep the audio output directed to HDMI on android?

This would be nice to be able to use Ok google and other voice commands. If I connect a microphone on the audio jack, it thinks that a headset is connected and present no audio output.

Systemd-nspawn and other user-land virtualisation problems
Posted by: cztian - 07-28-2016, 09:08 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello,everyone. I am looking forward to using Pine64 for a virtual machine host. And I have some questions about the kernel config.
1. The config CONFIG_ANDROID is set to y. Will it have problems for ordinary users (uid !=0) on networking? Or any user can use tools like ping/netstat/nslookup and bind to a port?
2. The namespace config is not complete in the config file. It is described in a systemd-nspawn document that
CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
CONFIG_USER_NS=y
CONFIG_PID_NS=y
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
should be set.  Will it be possible to add these lines?
Thanks.

Problems setting up webserver
Posted by: Ernst - 07-28-2016, 08:44 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (6)

Hi guys,

i'm trying to get a web server for my wordpress site on my pine. i followed this site: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Raspberry-Pi-Web-Server
When i try to install mysql with this code: sudo apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client php5-mysql

It says: The following packages have unmet dependencies:

mysql-server : Depends: mysql-server-5.5 but it is not going to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

How can i fix this? does anybody has a good handheld for setting up my own server?

I'm using the following image: Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP 2)

Pleas help me Smile