Manjaro ARM 20.04
(06-06-2020, 02:09 PM)tiagoespinha Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 11:06 AM)tiagoespinha Wrote: @spikerguy apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I've just had to reflash my PBP and went with the latest 20.04 - however I feel like the experience is slightly sluggish compared to the original image that came flashed out of the box (I didn't check what it was but I imagine it was 19.xx).

Do you have any clues as to why that may be? It's probably some config or missing piece of software, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that is.

I did notice other differences of 20.04 vs whatever was out of the box. For example with 20.04 we seem to default to libinput as the touchpad driver, where I'm sure out of the box the synaptics driver was installed.

On a more random and bizarre note... right after flashing I was able to connect to my 5Ghz network, but after installing all the updates I'm not able to connect to that network ever again. I can connect to the 2.4Ghz, but never again to 5Ghz. I even tried deleting the NetworkManager profile and configure it again but no luck. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance! Thanks for all the great work and effort in general too Smile much appreciated!

Edit: I should mention the slugginess seems to be GPU-related. With 20.04 I can't watch videos on 1080p on Youtube where I was able to out of the box. Right now it just stutters along.

Anyone who's reading this in the future... for the love of God, change your compositor in KDE to OpenGL Big Grin  it was defaulting to XRender which made my Firefox slow like molasses. Much better now!

HAHA good find. Yes compositor is set to xrndr for 20.04 and opengl for Factory image.
I am currently uploading Factory image on our server so users can directly get the exact default image. 
Will upload the link for everyone.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(06-07-2020, 07:48 AM)spikerguy Wrote: HAHA good find. Yes compositor is set to xrndr for 20.04 and opengl for Factory image.
I am currently uploading Factory image on our server so users can directly get the exact default image. 

That's great.  Then I'll finally get around to installing it on my PBP   Big Grin

Is there a way to have it show up in the Pine64 Installer?
(06-07-2020, 03:53 PM)zaius Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 07:48 AM)spikerguy Wrote: HAHA good find. Yes compositor is set to xrndr for 20.04 and opengl for Factory image.

That's great.  Then I'll finally get around to installing it on my PBP   Big Grin

Is there a way to have it show up in the Pine64 Installer?

Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-pbpro-20.04.19.img.xz

20.04.19 is the Factory image Big Grin

Enjoy.
Manjaro ARM Team.
L2TP VPN on PBP and Manjaro

Hi, is anyone aware if this can be ran on Manjaro ARM64, so I can use it on my PBP?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/networkmanager-l2tp/

I have seen it as a .deb package for ARM64, but not Manjaro or Arch.

Maybe is something trivial to compile it, but I am new to this Linux world. Smile

Any help would be much appreciated.
(06-10-2020, 11:01 AM)3xC0MM Wrote: L2TP VPN on PBP and Manjaro

Hi, is anyone aware if this can be ran on Manjaro ARM64, so I can use it on my PBP?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/networkmanager-l2tp/

I have seen it as a .deb package for ARM64, but not Manjaro or Arch.

Maybe is something trivial to compile it, but I am new to this Linux world. Smile

Any help would be much appreciated.
You can easily compile this on existing Manjaro installation.

Use this PKGBUILD and install base-devel using 
Code:
sudo pacman -S base-devel

then in the directory where you have saved the above PKGBUILD run this command
Quote:makepkg -sci

It should compile and install the package.

Try and let me know.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Excellent!

Did it, and then I installed also the strongswan package from pacman manager and works.

Thank you very much!
@spikerguy
The u-boot that ships with Manjaro seems to make it impossible to boot certain OSes from either SD or USB, namely the Armbian, Q4OS, Chromium 79 build, and perhaps some more. Attempting to boot those OSes only resulted in a backlight black screen, whereas users who have a different OS installed on their EMMC seem to be able to boot these OSes just fine. See https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid66515

Do you know what is the reason and how to fix that ?
Hello Manjaro Developer,
I'm a old time Fedora and CentOS/Red Hat user and have to say thank you for that work with Manjaro on PinebookPro.
Manjaro runs from a SD-Card very smoothly without any error or failure for over one week on my PinebookPro.
Everything (sound, WiFi, display, ..) works very well. With my favorite OS Fedora I have a lot of work (see my other threads in this forum).
Not everything is working as expected.

Thanks
Andreas
Smile
(06-12-2020, 02:07 AM)q4osteam Wrote: @spikerguy
The u-boot that ships with Manjaro seems to make it impossible to boot certain OSes from either SD or USB, namely the Armbian, Q4OS, Chromium 79 build, and perhaps some more. Attempting to boot those OSes only resulted in a backlight black screen, whereas users who have a different OS installed on their EMMC seem to be able to boot these OSes just fine. See https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...5#pid66515

Do you know what is the reason and how to fix that ?
Hello @q4osteam 

We are using mainline uboot while most of the other distro are using bsp uboot. 

We have a list of distros which have problem in booting. I will share the link and the method to fix it.

Here : https://gitlab.manjaro.org/snippets/490

@linuxfreund

Thank you for the appreciation, It means alot to us.
Kernel credits to @tsys @manawyrm 
Support credits to @strit
Manjaro ARM Team.
@spikerguy
Thanks for the reply and info. You can add Q4OS 3.11 to the list of "OS Images that do NOT boot". Although we cannot perform testing on our PB sample, as it always boots just fine, we have released Q4OS 3.11 image update ".r3", with a possible fix included, see https://sourceforge.net/projects/q4os/files/testing/ . We would appreciate a testing of the image and a possible feedback.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 165 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,604 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 212 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,911 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,978 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 290 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 745 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,912 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,851 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez