The Pinebook Pro Preorder System!
(11-01-2019, 01:54 PM)Kochise Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: ...and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Which are ? Massive nationwide hangover ?

Something like that. 1/3 of working force not returning to their positions, new people need to be trained....
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-01-2019, 02:04 PM)Luke Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Luke Wrote: ...and then issues resulting from Chinese new year.

Something like that. 1/3 of working force not returning to their positions, new people need to be trained....

Those folks know how to party. Damn.
(11-01-2019, 07:32 PM)odinson Wrote:

Not sure if it's the same in China but in Taiwan bonuses are given right before Chinese New Year so people usually wait for that period before quitting their jobs.

(10-22-2019, 05:30 AM)koenigs Wrote: As of today, I'm still waiting for my coupon...
And I'm sure it didn't end-up in my spam folder, I white listed all addresses coming from the pine64.org domain.

After the fail of the first pre-order registration (I got removed because I registered too early), I re-registered a 2nd time and received the confirmation on August 16th. Then nothing.

I personally feel this pre-order system was poorly managed honestly.

Well, now I lost any hope of ever getting my coupon code.
Very disappointed how things went.
I was very excited by the pinebook pro a year ago, but I completely lost this feeling  Sad
(12-05-2019, 12:47 AM)koenigs Wrote:

Not sure if it's the same in China but in Taiwan bonuses are given right before Chinese New Year so people usually wait for that period before quitting their jobs.

(10-22-2019, 05:30 AM)koenigs Wrote: As of today, I'm still waiting for my coupon...
And I'm sure it didn't end-up in my spam folder, I white listed all addresses coming from the pine64.org domain.

After the fail of the first pre-order registration (I got removed because I registered too early), I re-registered a 2nd time and received the confirmation on August 16th. Then nothing.

I was very excited by the pinebook pro a year ago, but I completely lost this feeling  Sad

It certainly had its issues, but you shouldn't need a coupon to place an order now. Both ISO and ANSI versions are freely available in the store. I just added one to a cart and got all the way to checkout.
(12-05-2019, 07:35 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:47 AM)koenigs Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 01:54 PM)Kochise Wrote: Which are ? Massive nationwide hangover ?

It certainly had its issues, but you shouldn't need a coupon to place an order now. Both ISO and ANSI versions are freely available in the store. I just added one to a cart and got all the way to checkout.

Sure I can order without the coupon, that's what I just did actually because I really need a backup laptop.

Just disappointed for the eMMC upgrade because now I'd need to pay an extra $67 (minimum) for the 128GB Module plus an eMMC adapter to be able to transfer the OS on it...
ORDER FROM NOVEMBER: ADVICE?

Hello, I ordered my ANSI PineBook Pro from the USA on November 9th.
I received a transaction notification from PayPal, verifying payment of US $254.99 to Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited, but have no subsequent order notification or acknowledgement by Pine.

Later, I separately ordered several accessories, like the NMVe adaptor, etc., and received prompt notice of order placement, and shipping notification, etc.

Is this normal? How do I assure that my PBP order is correctly received by Pine, and that I have prioritization in delivery queue for early November?

Any and all advice and assistance is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
— Brian Eno, "Oblique Strategies"
(12-28-2019, 04:01 PM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote: ORDER FROM NOVEMBER: ADVICE?

I received a transaction notification from PayPal, verifying payment of US $254.99 to Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited, but have no subsequent order notification or acknowledgement by Pine.

Later, I separately ordered several accessories, like the NMVe adaptor, etc., and received prompt notice of order placement, and shipping notification, etc.

Is this normal? How do I assure that my PBP order is correctly received by Pine, and that I have prioritization in delivery queue for early November?

Thanks!

When I ordered mine, (ANSI, December 3rd), I got the paypal receipt and an separate email from sales@pine64.org with my order number.
(12-28-2019, 04:29 PM)rossk Wrote:

Thanks!

When I ordered mine, (ANSI, December 3rd), I got the paypal receipt and an separate email from sales@pine64.org with my order number.

Thanks. I can confirm, I received no order number or other confirmation from Pine, just a PayPal transaction ID.
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
(12-28-2019, 06:01 PM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks. I can confirm, I received no order number or other confirmation from Pine, just a PayPal transaction ID.

The good folks at Sales@pine64.org solved this and provided me an invoice number. Mine never made email, somehow.

Thanks to all!
— Jeremiah Cornelius
(12-28-2019, 10:35 PM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 06:01 PM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote:

Thanks!

The good folks at Sales@pine64.org solved this and provided me an invoice number. Mine never made email, somehow.

Thanks to all!
   I think the difference is the accessories are 'in stock' so they will be shipped soon, that is why those have
'shipping information'.
   While the PBP  is at another location (perhaps the assembly plant ? )

When they dropped off my previous PBP at the DHL originating shipping point in Hong Kong,
      I received a shipping notice (text) from DHL.

The accessories are shipped via normal post, so those could take a while as most items from China
   Do take a while,  (sometimes annoyingly long...)

While it may still be dangerous for deliveries going into Hong Kong with the civil unrest there,
     but once the items do reach the DHL shipping point, they seem to travel very,
      very quickly from there,  to their destinations.

AND while you are notified via email for your accessories,
         DHL will likely send you a text message to your listed phone number.

>    "This has been my experience so far with the Pine Store".

>  I am in the USA,  but I think it is simuliar with most locations Globally

I Do NOT know what happens if you gave them a landline phone number ?
As most landlines do not accept text...
But, I did receive step by step texts from DHL as my PBP got closer.
** First DHL text (from Hong Kong) was on a Thursday morning, it was delivered Friday at 4pm **
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,902 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 166 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,219 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,120 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt