Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,113
» Latest member: joe1
» Forum threads: 15,682
» Forum posts: 114,552

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 39
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
7 hours ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1,925
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 54
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 84
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,232
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
04-26-2024, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 138
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
04-26-2024, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,119
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,022

Alternative icons?
Posted by: Luke - 07-08-2020, 02:22 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

I saw people installing different icons, which is a pretty cool bit of customization.
I was wondering, is there a way to set a different icon-sets from UI or does that have to be done from CLI?

LTE adapter via NVMe
Posted by: grego - 07-08-2020, 01:51 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (2)

Hello, I'm interested whether anyone here managed to successfully connect an LTE adapter to the PBP via NVMe.
If not, is there anything that would prevent it from being possible?

WIFi hotspot
Posted by: fernando_c_m - 07-08-2020, 12:34 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I am not sure when this stated working.
I checked yesterday and the menu entry was enabled, so I gave it a try.
It worked flawlessly. I connected three debian devices and did apt-get upgrades. Not once the connection was dropped and speed was around 1Mb/s. With my previous android based phone this was a nightmare: connections were dropped randomly, download speed was sluggish.
Again thank you for making this real.

Proximity / ambient light sensor
Posted by: antiX-Dave - 07-07-2020, 10:21 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (7)

Going off into my thoughts in the flashlight app thread I have been trying to see where the proximity /light sensor is being monitored to blank the screen if covered. I have not yet found where this is but suspect it is programmed within phosh/phoc. I was hoping to add a section to this where if the light level is above the threshold to blank the screen but below another threshold it would change the gtk theme to a dark variant.

After spending some time looking and not finding, I thought it might be done with an udev rule like:

Code:
# Set the theme based on light level
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="iio", KERNEL=="iio:device1", ATTR{in_illuminance_raw}=="[0-9]|[0-9][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/su mobian -c /usr/local/bin/set-dark-theme"

Where set-dark-theme contains
Code:
#!/bin/sh
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita-dark

Of course doing only this would need a manual reset; but it should be good enough for testing...
Unfortunately the event does not trigger when the light level changes, only when the sensor is added as far as udev is concerned. This works by restarting udev which is nice, but does not really help anything.

Next I thought to hook into the lock screen unlock where a script would run to check the value in /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device1/in_illuminance_raw and set the theme accordingly. (If you had an incorrect theme pressing the power button and unlocking would switch it) Tried a few spots that I thought might hook into the lock screen but without success.

It is probably not the best idea to constantly probe. However as a proof of concept, a simple bash script. (Most visible difference with gnome-clocks and the flashlight app)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
while : ; do
    reading=`cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device1/in_illuminance_raw`
    if [ "$reading" -lt "100" ]; then
        gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita-dark
        while : ; do
            reading=`cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device1/in_illuminance_raw`
            if [ "$reading" -gt "100" ]; then
                gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita
                break;
            fi
            sleep 10;
        done
    sleep 10;
    fi
done       

Any information/pointers to bring this past a looping bash script?

New Pine Phone User
Posted by: LinuxBrave - 07-07-2020, 09:49 PM - Forum: UBPorts on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I am on T-Mobile here in the US. It is actually a bit hilarious. I can make calls on 3G and texts on 4G. I have to move back and forth to use either function. Does anyone have any ideas getting my phone to use each function on the same setting?

I was able to get a Gmail app installed finally. The settings still will not allow me to set up any portion of my google account. I have installed version 75 of the software.

I want to see if anyone has any remedy to my above mentioned issues.

Also, please let me know what other issues you may be having.

Camera use on Mobian/Brave Heart
Posted by: bcnaz - 07-07-2020, 08:52 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Mobian Nightly Release  20200707

Camera is WORKING on the "out of the Box" software,  pictures are not high resolution, but not bad.

Is there a GUI method to add these pictures to my outgoing SMS text messages ?

I did accidentally put a picture of my son,  as my sisters text avatar icon.   Blush 

Thanks,  BC

Pinebook Pro sleep issue (hinge?)
Posted by: pciman - 07-07-2020, 01:05 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

I have a 2020 PBP running Manjaro Linux it shipped with. If I do not close the lid completely (leave a half inch gap) the pinebook sleeps as expected. However If I close the lid completly the pinebook screen comes back on and stays on. Is the hinge sensor misaligned perhaps? can this be adjusted manually by removing the bottom plate?

pmaports root & boot mount issue
Posted by: dustfinger - 07-07-2020, 09:43 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - No Replies

I posted what I did to address the issue until the fix is released

https://bloggerbust.ca/post/postmarketos...unt-issue/

Login screen issue.
Posted by: LinuXchoicE - 07-07-2020, 08:40 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

Hi fellas,

I've had KDE installed via eMMC for a few months now. I hadn't fired it up in awhile. Now at the login screen, when I enter my password and hit ENTER or the click on the LOGIN button, nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to fix this, and can I even get to a terminal to work some magic on the backend?

eMMC to USB adapter "very" slow at reading data
Posted by: talpa - 07-07-2020, 07:04 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (3)

Hi I have the Pine64 eMMC to USB adapter.

When reading (using dd to /dev/null) from the 64GB eMMC that came with the Pinebook Pro I only get around 15 MB/s
With the 128GB module I seem to recall around 13 MB/s

The 128 GB module does give me 157MB/s when inside the Pinebook Pro it self

I have tried playing with the block size of the dd reads but it doesn't seem to do much difference.

The USB adapter might only use 1 bit transfers cutting the bandwidth in quarter, but that should possibly still give me 39MB/s

Does anyone have any tips for getting more performance out of the adapter?

Regards Visti Andresen