Virtual keyboard doesn't show the dollar sign ( $ )
Question 
I figure I have to be doing something wrong, but the virtual keyboard doesn't show the $, though it shows plenty of other symbols.  Makes it hard to punch in environment variables if I don't run the ssh connection from a regular computer.

Input sources = English (US)

I was afraid to mess with the Language (Unspecified) as US English is not listed, only UK English.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any input you may provide.
(09-09-2020, 07:15 AM)vidarr Wrote: I figure I have to be doing something wrong, but the virtual keyboard doesn't show the $, though it shows plenty of other symbols.  Makes it hard to punch in environment variables if I don't run the ssh connection from a regular computer.

I was afraid to mess with the Language (Unspecified) as US English is not listed, only UK English.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any

Use shift if on terminal keyboard. Took me a minute to figure, too.
(09-10-2020, 09:34 AM)Skin Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:15 AM)vidarr Wrote: I figure I have to be doing something wrong, but the virtual keyboard doesn't show the $, though it shows plenty of other symbols.  Makes it hard to punch in environment variables if I don't run the ssh connection from a regular computer.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any

Use shift if on terminal keyboard. Took me a minute to figure, too.

Thank you. I would not have thought to go caps to find the $. A little counter-intuitive.
Thanks,

Vidarr

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
-The Tower of the Elephant, Robert E. Howard, Weird Tales, March 1933

"I blame it on Twilight." In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.
- Owen Pitt, "Monster Hunter: Vendetta"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth keyboard paired to PostmarkedOS disconnect Peter Gamma 2 1,440 10-21-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Physical keyboard symbols not working again vgnmnky 3 2,468 10-28-2022, 12:56 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  The language I've added on settings doesn't appear Gon 2 1,672 08-15-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Gon
  Pinephone Keyboard Utilities on postmarketOS elof 2 3,078 06-20-2022, 01:33 PM
Last Post: elof
  Not receiving messages, microphone doesn't work cosmicschock 5 3,881 12-05-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  pmbootstrap build large keyboard not usable u20200719 5 6,864 07-25-2020, 02:31 PM
Last Post: u20200719