Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,107
» Latest member: Linuxuser3
» Forum threads: 15,679
» Forum posts: 114,545

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: chainingsolid
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 60
google will take control ...
Forum: General
Last Post: zetabeta
5 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,210
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 133
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
9 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,082
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
9 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,860
AI posts
Forum: General
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 997
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 622
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Yesterday, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 167
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 591

newb here, would like help
Posted by: radiohead - 02-05-2021, 12:50 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

first,  i added Chromium as a web browser and they key board doesnt show up so i have to plug in an external key board to type.  if there is a better browser please let me know. i would like to stay with a chromium browser but if i have to change im ok with that.
second,  im not sure what the sms client that is native to the phone help with that would be good to.
third can any program that loads on Manjaro load on the phone?

things that have worked very well,  the dongle works really well,  browsing with a keyboard works well and is plenty fast.

mine is not hooked to cellular network as i am waiting on a new sim card i am trying to work my deficiencies first i plan to use it daily.

i am pretty familar with linux in general and have plans for this device.

thank you in advanced for your help.

as update i got my sim adapter and sd card, it ate both i had to disassemble phone to get my sim card out after it ate it, i will no longer need help

Fail safe way to update ANX7688 firmware
Posted by: scholbert - 02-05-2021, 10:17 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (24)

Hi,

as there'd been a lot of reports of failed updates for ANX7688 firmware, i thought i'd share my experience here.
The wiki already points out that there's some trouble with Linux kernel 5.10 (timeout)
and i had some trouble with the image it refers to... here's a fail safe way!

Before (version 0x2312):

Code:
[  11.356306] anx7688 1-0028: fw loaded after 40 ms
[  11.365598] anx7688 1-0028: OCM firmware loaded (version 0x2312)
[  11.380796] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=0 05 00 32 90 01 26 12
[  11.405217] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=1 05 01 2c 91 01 26 16
[  11.405764] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=2 11 02 00 00 00 ec 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 39 00 00 51 77
[  11.406629] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=3 05 03 00 00 01 ff f8
[  11.407149] anx7688 1-0028: OCM configuration completed
[  11.409664] anx7688 1-0028: status changed to 0x00

To upgrade safely, download PMOS factory test image:
https://images.postmarketos.org/pinephon...t64.img.xz

Write image to SD-card...
Put the SD-card into linux host and mount PM_root.

Replace /lib/firmware/anx7688-fw.bin with the latest one from:
wget https://xff.cz/git/linux-firmware/plain/anx7688-fw.bin

!!!Attention!!!
Before using the serial debug cable, please disable headphone with the kill switch.
Insert card to your Pinephone and use serial debug cable (most convenient way):
login: demo
pwd: demo

...then:
sudo -s
echo 1 > /sys/class/typec/port0/device/flash_eeprom

Kernel messages will inform you about the eeprom flash process afterwards (call dmesg).
Send the device to halt and remove the SD-card.

Then after booting up to your OS will give:

Code:
[  184.219123] anx7688 1-0028: eeprom0 = 0x03
[  184.219145] anx7688 1-0028: fw loaded after 40 ms
[  184.219319] anx7688 1-0028: OCM firmware loaded (version 0x2410)
[  184.220257] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=0x00 05 00 32 90 01 26 12
[  184.264040] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=0x01 05 01 2c 91 01 26 16
[  184.264557] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=0x02 11 02 00 00 00 ec 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 39 00 00 51 77
[  184.265367] anx7688 1-0028: send pd packet cmd=0x03 05 03 00 00 01 ff f8
[  184.265871] anx7688 1-0028: OCM configuration completed
[  184.269329] anx7688 1-0028: status changed to 0x00

That's it! Successfully upgraded to OCM firmware version 0x2410.

Hope this helps to avoid further confusion.

Cheers,
scholbert

Alpine on RockPro64
Posted by: mutemule - 02-05-2021, 10:10 AM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - No Replies

Some time ago, I wrote a small script to build an Alpine image for the Macchiatobin platform. I had some time a couple of weeks ago to see if I could also build something for the RockPro64, and it turned out to be way easier than I thought.

I don't have any images published, and the script itself is still pretty rough around the edges, but it does produce a 40-ish MB image that will properly boot Alpine, so I figured i would share it. Note that I'm building this specifically to use the RockPro64 as a router (using an Intel X550), so the kernel is pretty slimmed down and huge chunks of non-router functionality have been removed.

You can find everything in the hosted repository: https://git.sr.ht/~mutemule/alpine-router-aarch64

(Turns out that the only real tricky part was that you need the specify the serial console to use with `earlycon`, and once that was done, Alpine basically boots just fine. Everything else I've done is just to strip the kernel down to be what I want it to be.)

Trying to port an app on Plasma Mobile and Mobian: black screen
Posted by: Goffi - 02-05-2021, 10:02 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (2)

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm at the right place to ask for help, please let me know if an other location is better suited.

I'm trying to port my XMPP client to FOSS mobiles on the Pinephone (currently Plasma Mobile and Mobian). It uses Kivy framework which supports Wayland and uses a SDL2 backend.

I can build and launch it, but I have only a black screen. I have the same result with official example, here is some logs I have with an example application:

Code:
$ python carousel_buttons.py
[INFO   ] [Logger      ] Record log in /home/mobian/.kivy/logs/kivy_21-02-05_15.txt
[INFO   ] [Kivy        ] v2.1.0.dev0
[INFO   ] [Kivy        ] Installed at "/home/mobian/venv/sat/lib/python3.9/site-packages/Kivy-2.1.0.dev0-py3.9-linux-aarch64.egg/kivy/__init__.py"
[INFO   ] [Python      ] v3.9.1+ (default, Jan 20 2021, 14:49:22)
[GCC 10.2.1 20210110]
[INFO   ] [Python      ] Interpreter at "/home/mobian/venv/sat/bin/python"
[INFO   ] [Logger      ] Purge log fired. Processing...
[INFO   ] [Logger      ] Purge finished!
[INFO   ] [Factory     ] 187 symbols loaded
[INFO   ] [Image       ] Providers: img_tex, img_dds, img_sdl2, img_pil (img_ffpyplayer ignored)
[INFO   ] [Window      ] Provider: sdl2
libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/mobian/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/mobian/.drirc: No such file or directory.
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Using the "OpenGL ES 2" graphics system
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Backend used <sdl2>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL version <b'2.1 Mesa 20.3.3'>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL vendor <b'lima'>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL renderer <b'Mali400'>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL parsed version: 2, 1
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Shading version <b'1.20'>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Texture max size <4096>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Texture max units <16>
[INFO   ] [Window      ] auto add sdl2 input provider
[INFO   ] [Window      ] virtual keyboard not allowed, single mode, not docked
[INFO   ] [Text        ] Provider: sdl2
[INFO   ] [ProbeSysfs  ] device match: /dev/input/event2
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] Read event from </dev/input/event2>
[INFO   ] [Base        ] Start application main loop
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> range position X is 0 - 719
[INFO   ] [GL          ] NPOT texture support is available
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> range position Y is 0 - 1439
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> range touch major is 0 - 255
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> range touch minor is 0 - 0
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> range pressure is 0 - 255
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> axes invertion: X is 0, Y is 0
[INFO   ] [MTD         ] </dev/input/event2> rotation set to 0

I've tried to ask on Kivy mailing list without success. Can anybody help here?

Thanks!

Pencil availability
Posted by: schwarz355 - 02-05-2021, 07:46 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (2)

In your January update you wrote that there will be another batch of the pencil in early February. Have I missed that already?

Pinebook Pro won't wake up
Posted by: duck_of_death - 02-04-2021, 10:26 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (4)

Hello fellow Pine-pals,

I have a PBP which I've installed Arch on and over all it works great. One annoyance has been that if I shut the lid it'll go to sleep but when I open the lid it doesn't wake up. I've tried pressing keys, tapping the power button, disconnecting and reconnecting the power...  nothing. I haven't tried accessing the serial console but that might be my next step.

Since it sleeps OK I'm thinking this isn't the magnet issue but something else.

Has anyone seen this issue before? I can't recall if it happened with Manjaro or not.

Thanks,

Duck of Death

Is there a severe bug in the encrypted installer?
Posted by: rp3 - 02-04-2021, 07:53 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi all!

I have encountered what I suspect might be a severe bug regarding the encrypted installer from (?) 15 Dec:

I installed this from an sdcard no worries, to try it out. worked fine.
Then using jumpdrive I installed it to 2 pinephones, first and second ce versions, 2Gig and 3Gig. Also worked fine on both.

Now the problems start:

To have an experimental system to tryout updates before committing myself to changing my installed system, I made a fresh install of the encrypted installer onto an sdcard, and booted from it, and let it go through it's standard setup process, choosing to enable encryption in the process. I thought this would leave the installed system on the phone alone.

The setup process did not quite complete, it displayed the progress bar for a few minutes, getting to about 93%, then I suppose it tryed to reboot or something, but ended up with a blank, faintly lit screen, which did not progress any further.

When I removed the sdcard, and tryed to boot the phone from the internal storage, it did not succeed, and displayed the message: "cryptsetup waiting for encrypted source device UUID: then a bunch of characters followed this"

I created another encrypted installer image on an sdcard, and tryed it on my other pinephone, and the same thing happened, it did not succeed in the installation on the sdcard, and after that the existing encrypted installation on the internal storage would not boot.

I then tryed reflashing the encrypted installer onto one of the phones using jumpdrive, and going throught the setup process again from the internal storage, choosing to enable encryption, and this worked well.

-I wonder it the encrypted intaller is becoming confused at some point, in cases where it is installing to an sdcard, but where there is already a copy of the encrypted system on the internal storage of the phone? -Could it be looking for a particular storage type/name/uuid and finding the one on internal storage first, and overwriting it or something?

Great system regardless, and I am very grateful that it exists!

All the best, hope this is helpful feedback?

PinePhoneCore - .NET5 Library for the PinePhone
Posted by: Trbl - 02-04-2021, 12:37 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

I've spent a couple of days building a library for the pinephone.

Its early in development, some things are still a bit wonky but all in all it works and I've written two services that run on my pinephone.
There's a nuget package available, however its not up to date, I recommend cloning the repo and adding a Project Reference if you want to use it.

The only things missing is the Vibrator and the Modem. All other Sensors are wrapped. 

If you don't use the WiFi classes, there's zero dependencies, all of it works using the kernel filesystem and input events - if you do use the WiFi classes, there's multiple implementations for most methods, NMCLI, IFCONIG, IWCONFIG,... more about that in the Readme on the repo. 

Getting .net5 setup on the pp is easy, the repo  contains a wiki with a install instructions

https://github.com/Alumniminium/PinePhoneCore

I'm trying to attract other .net/C# developers to contribute / work together, feel free to reply here, message me privately or talk to me on Matrix Smile

Good glue for reattaching Pinebook Pro feet
Posted by: rigorist - 02-04-2021, 11:10 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (4)

The feet on my PBP are barely holding on. It looks like this is a common problem, so I'm asking for advice of others who are . . . footloose . Cool

What glue works well for reattaching loose feet?

Bountysource for porting Anbox to Wayland
Posted by: paju1986 - 02-04-2021, 02:00 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

Hello
Anbox currently doesnt work with wayland backend right now due to a pbuffers issue: https://github.com/anbox/anbox/issues/1270
This is why it looks so fuzzy on pinephone, because its using xwayland witch its not ideal and makes it slower.

There is a bounty source for making Anbox work on Wayland. Currently its at 180$ if someone is interesting on contributing to the bounty or making the work and reclaiming the price its here:

[color=var(--tertiary)]https://www.bountysource.com/issues/95432153-implement-native-wayland-support-for-anbox[/color]