Add contacts with VCF files
Hi, is there an easy way to import contacts from a vcf file?
I can't use simcard (different format) and I don't want a Google account.

Edit to solve:
From https://wiki.mobian-project.org

Import contacts from VCF file
Syncevolution has been removed from upstream Debian, in the meantime it is straightforward to import contacts from a VCF file via Evolution tooling. First install evolution:
Code:
sudo apt install evolution

Before you import the file you will need to set scale-to-fit for Evolution on, otherwise the import dialog page is unusable.
Code:
scale-to-fit Evolution on

After this I opened the .vcf file via the Files app, it auto-launched the import dialoug. After importing I removed the Evolution app, this step is optional:
Code:
sudo apt remove evolution

Code:
sudo apt autoremove
(07-17-2020, 01:34 PM)Bouc Wrote: Hi, is there an easy way to import contacts from a vcf file?
https://github.com/pine-clover/Clontacts dont forget to install syncevolution
Tks, but How install syncevolution in mobian, is not in reposytory.
I think Syncevolution is required to work.
After launced the script ==> "No such file or directory: 'syncevolution' "

Code:
sudo apt install syncevolution
does not work,  the package is not present.
I just installed evolution and imported them through that.
(07-19-2020, 09:32 PM)jjs Wrote: I just installed evolution and imported them through that.
I tried, but after overcoming the screen resolution problems and importing the file, I still don't have the contacts in the phone.
Odd, it worked pretty easily for me. I even have it syncing from an online carddav. Check to see which address book you are importing to? In Evolution go to Edit -> Accounts and check to see which address books are set up.
(07-21-2020, 10:08 AM)jjs Wrote: Odd, it worked pretty easily for me. I even have it syncing from an online carddav. Check to see which address book you are importing to? In Evolution go to Edit -> Accounts and check to see which address books are set up.

I only saw now that I had imported the contacts on my google account but not in the address book. I don't want my google contacts. I will do moore tests.
I first deleted my Google account and then tried to import the .vcf file with Evolution again.

Perfect, now I have all my contacts in the address book
Cool Cool 

Tnks!
(07-17-2020, 01:34 PM)On this line "scale-to-fit Evolution on" it does not seem to be an active command or script that I can run.  Is there some specific location I need to run it from?  Or was this a custom script you created to fix the result ion.   Evolution was installed correctly per the initial command you listed.root@ubuntu-phablet:/home/phablet/scripts# scale-to-fit Evolution onbash: scale-to-fit: command not foundBouc Wrote: Hi, is there an easy way to import contacts from a vcf file?

Edit to solve:
From https://wiki.mobian-project.org

Import contacts from VCF file
Syncevolution has been removed from upstream Debian, in the meantime it is straightforward to import contacts from a VCF file via Evolution tooling. First install evolution:
Code:
sudo apt install evolution

Before you import the file you will need to set scale-to-fit for Evolution on, otherwise the import dialog page is unusable.
Code:
scale-to-fit Evolution on

After this I opened the .vcf file via the Files app, it auto-launched the import dialoug. After importing I removed the Evolution app, this step is optional:
Code:
sudo apt remove evolution

Code:
sudo apt autoremove

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How to play AMR files? anonymous 4 2,115 09-20-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts mark1250 3 1,283 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: mark1250
  How to deal with overloaded config files? jsch 1 989 10-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts biketool 9 3,765 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Deleting telephone contacts Emilio 4 2,431 02-18-2022, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  no access to webdav files (for some apps) jsch 0 1,190 11-13-2021, 09:46 AM
Last Post: jsch
  Synchronizing: How do you sync / synchronize Calendar and Contacts with your desktop? Anna 15 13,774 11-04-2021, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Maus
Question How to Save Read Only Files, Questions on Location lovepine88 8 7,501 06-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: ryo
  gnome-contacts not showing call nor sms button cafe 2 2,647 02-11-2021, 01:31 AM
Last Post: cafe
  how to import contacts from sim cards cybercow 7 7,563 12-06-2020, 01:14 PM
Last Post: cybercow