How to play AMR files?
Exclamation 
Hello

I installed VLC a few weeks ago but there is probably something missing, it can't play AMR files. Does someone have a clue about this problem?
(08-25-2022, 05:30 AM)anonymous Wrote: Hello

I installed VLC a few weeks ago but there is probably something missing, it can't play AMR files. Does something have a clue about this problem?

You likely need to install some extra codecs, like libavcodec-extra. Try using the package manager of your OS to search for the VLC codec packs.
(08-25-2022, 12:10 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 05:30 AM)anonymous Wrote: Hello

I installed VLC a few weeks ago but there is probably something missing, it can't play AMR files. Does something have a clue about this problem?

You likely need to install some extra codecs, like libavcodec-extra. Try using the package manager of your OS to search for the VLC codec packs.

It didn't help, the codec doesn't seem to work. I'll try to convert AMR files into OGG.
Hello

It seems to work with some AMR files now, I'll have to retry with the files that were originally not working even with VLC. Using VLC to play AMR files by default is in my todo list Wink
It works under Debian Bookworm but not under Mobian, I use the samr codec, I get the following error message:
main error: module not functional
main error: failed to create audio output
vlcpulse error: stream connection failure: incorrect state

MP4 files can be played, the problem concerns only AMR files. It's not a problem of missing codec as it's installed both on my computer and on my Pinephone. The module trees are different in the branch about "pulse", the rest seems to be working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deal with overloaded config files? jsch 1 1,050 10-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Add contacts with VCF files Bouc 12 16,822 05-20-2022, 07:26 AM
Last Post: kebab
  no access to webdav files (for some apps) jsch 0 1,237 11-13-2021, 09:46 AM
Last Post: jsch
  Unable to play videos ("bitstream error") pietenpol 1 2,129 06-14-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Gribouille
Question How to Save Read Only Files, Questions on Location lovepine88 8 7,706 06-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: ryo