Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,108
» Latest member: jakemiller
» Forum threads: 15,681
» Forum posts: 114,548

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
7 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 30
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 67
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,216
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 134
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,094
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Yesterday, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,871
AI posts
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 998
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
04-25-2024, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 631

Pinebook Pro (+ Pinephone) for sale (UK, London)
Posted by: chaoskampf - 02-07-2022, 06:53 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (8)

Hey folks,

Selling my Pinebook Pro and Pinephone braveheart together as one lot.

Pinebook Pro 64gb ISO with Manjaro installed in excellent condition including NVMe SSD Interface Adapter and compatible samsung NVMe 1TB (+ portable case for NVMe), serial console cable and USB-eMMC adapter, standard sharger and USB-C charger with long cable.

Pinephone (braveheart) with Mobian and protective screen installed in excellent condition + samsung spare battery, black protective case, transparent protective case.

Price £330 (€390) + shipping costs.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/EuaMICV

Bookworm on Pine phone Pro - Explorer Edition
Posted by: bcnaz - 02-07-2022, 02:09 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (4)

My Explorer PPPro  has no boot indicator LED when it is booting.  
   ( It does boot -- just no boot indicator light )

It freezes everytime   it reaches suspend.   
   ( I have to turn it off with a 10+ second press of the power button, then a 2 second press to turn it on)

But while it is up & running,  it does run very well. 

Bookworm on sd card, --  latest release + all updates.

SMS app
Posted by: Frost1776 - 02-06-2022, 09:15 PM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (3)

So I have a Mint mobile sim card in my PPP running Manjaro. I can make calls send/receive texts, MMS not working but I am not surprised and can work with that. I downloaded modem manager GUI and it shows my modem but says mint is disconnected even though I can do everything with it. Is there something wrong with it saying im disconnected ?

Also I can reply to texts with spacebar just fine but if I try to send a new text it puts it a group type chat with all my contacts. Are there any other any other sms apps I could try ?

Thanks,
Byron

No automatic hub connection on reboot.
Posted by: --- - 02-06-2022, 06:52 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - No Replies

dmesg shows continuous  'hub 1-1:1.0: hub_ext_port_status failed (err = -110)' message until re-plugging pine64hub/phone usb.
Anyone know the cause? Anyone know a software alternative to re-plugging?
sxmo-sway-edge-postmarketOS.

Brand new Pinecil worked for 30mins - now screen dead and glows red hot!
Posted by: clipclop - 02-06-2022, 05:24 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (3)

Hi,

I've seen many similar posts - but thought I'd add my experience in the hope this gets escalated and flagged.

New Pinecil - using USB-C. Worked perfectly using USB until it said low power. Then switched over to barrel PS 12V. Again, working for 20 mins. Then, the screen went blank and the unit became unresponsive. The body becomes warm when connected to Max laptop USB (when I tried to connect with the latest firmware updater - no connection). Nothing with USB-C. Glows red hot when connected to the barrel PS. A fire hazard(!).

I've submitted a ticket and will report back with progress.

It's disappointing to hear this is so common. I wish I had checked this forum before buying the unit.

Cheers, Paul

Question Battery not charging when run down to 0.
Posted by: iwm - 02-06-2022, 03:02 PM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware - Replies (2)

Having problem with PPPro battery.  After running down to 0 it will not take a charge,  I have to switch out a battery from from one of my PPs which has a charge and then it will boot. I place the PPPro battery in to the PP I switched battery from and it takes a charge and boots the PP and continues charging.  Don't know if the OS (Manjaro) or the battery is at fault. I suspect the OS. Would be nice to turn the Phone off when it reaches a certain threshold (5% maybe).

Notification of Failed Offline Update from Discover
Posted by: tckosvic - 02-06-2022, 02:51 PM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - No Replies

I have continual Notification regarding Failed Offline Update from Discover.  There are 2 options on notification.  "Go to Discover" and after doing that discover says all is up to date. Other option is to "repair" which does nothing.

Others have mentioned this elsewhere.  pacman says system is up to date but message keeps appearing.

Just an annoyance but would like to get rid of it.  Can't find a place to edit Notifications as on Android.

thanks,     tom kosvic

Pinecil Power Supply with Removable Cables Recommendations
Posted by: moriel5 - 02-06-2022, 01:30 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (1)

Hello everyone, I am in quite a pickle, as unlike the majority here, I live in a country (Israel) where despite the Europlug standard being officially supported, the socket (SI32) provides absolutely no structural support (as in, weight) for it, which is the cause of many power supplies with broken integrated Europlug plugs. This has caused me to be unable to actually utilize my Pinecil, since the only power supply I have for it is a 65W slim Lenovo charger, which while it has a removable plug cable (a shame that it is not grounded), unfortunately it's USB-C cable is a nonremovable PVC cable, rather than a Silicon cable.

Obviously, the solution would be to get a Framework charger... except that they are not yet available in Israel, and it would take too long until they start being available.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a charger that has a modular plug cable (2-pin is alright, however I'd rather have it 3-pin (such as the "Mickey Mouse" connector), so as to allow for grounding between the wall and the power supply) and either has a silicon cable (USB-C or DC552) or a USB-C socket for proper modularity and is not prohibitively expensive?

Network pretty broken
Posted by: newgen - 02-06-2022, 09:39 AM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I installed arch linux a while ago, and usb hub +keyboard works. However, wifi finds my network with wpa2 encryption and gets an IP, but i can't even ping my default gw (with works from other devices).

After a while, the pinephone stops finding any wifi networks.

When I tried to get eth0 up via console, it says: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address.
I set the ip via: ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.240
But I cannot do: ifconfig eth0 up

Any idea how to get it running?

btw. why isn't there a config option or eth0 in the menu, where the wlan is? I don't always have a keyboard with me.
And why does the wifi stop finding networks?

Question Battery indicator calibration
Posted by: sal - 02-06-2022, 08:51 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - No Replies

My pinetime consequently shuts off when discharged to 50%
50% is roughly 3.75V IIRC.
Full charge is 4.21V.
The PT can last for over a week on a single charge, provided I don't connect with bluetooth or measure heart rate. So I don't think the PT still has half its battery charge left when it shuts down.

I'd like to have the battery indicator show percentage of actual, usable battery charge.
Any way to troubleshoot + fix this?

Sal