Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,116
» Latest member: doddsy
» Forum threads: 15,684
» Forum posts: 114,562

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Automatic screen rotation
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: frtodd
1 hour ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4,747
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
7 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 2,163
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 72
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Today, 01:52 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,959
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
emmc speed via usb?
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
» Views: 21
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Views: 37
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Views: 39
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 90

Bluetooth audio support?
Posted by: Zebulon Walton - 02-16-2022, 02:48 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Has anyone had any success getting bluetooth audio to work in Mobian? I have a couple of Samsung HM1350 headsets that I used to use with my old flip phone. When I connect either one to the Pinephone instead of audio the headset just emits a loud buzzing. For now if I need to use a headset I used a wired one but that's a bit of a pain, and at least for outgoing calls it needs to be plugged in after the call is in progress or the microphone will not work.

Are there any bluetooth headsets that are known to work yet?

Favorite software?
Posted by: Scary Guy - 02-16-2022, 01:28 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

Just curious, what is your favorite/must have software for the PinePhone?  Is there anything you use instead of the default applications?  Anything you strip out?

Personally I like to SSH in, so anything CLI/TUI is a bonus.  I like htop, iotop, iftop, mc, nano, bitlbee/weechat, and neofetch just because it's fun.

For the GUI I haven't done much.  I do find the dconf editor to be useful on occasion though.

lost settings icon from screen
Posted by: kubussz - 02-16-2022, 11:46 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (3)

After today's upgrade, I have no settings icon on my screen.

Does anyone know what I need to do to render it visible again?

My sound went away with calls... Not sure what happened. How can i fix it?
Posted by: usourypg3i - 02-16-2022, 10:33 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Hello. My sound is all of a sudden quiet when i try to make a call. I am running bookworm What do i do?
I'm not sure what i did. Some setting perhaps, or some update?
I have this unmet dependencies error in mobian also..
How do i troubleshoot and fix this? It's just quiet if i make a call.
Thanks you very much.

Offline Updates Error
Posted by: dgiffin - 02-16-2022, 05:51 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (7)

Running stock Manjaro/Plasma Mobile as shipped.

I saw that Discover was telling me there were system updates, so I ran them and got a message to say the phone needed to reboot to complete the installation, but after it rebooted I get a message:

Offline Updates
Failed to update 1 package
Failed to update database: unexpected system error

Then there are 2 options: Open Discover or Repair System

If I open Discover there's nothing there, no errors or additional packages to install.
If I select Repair system nothing seems to happen.

This happens every time I restart the phone - any suggestions?

Broken forum?
Posted by: arno_nuehm - 02-16-2022, 04:52 AM - Forum: General - Replies (16)

Hello there,

some posts/answers in here are currently not shown correctly. Only an empty box for the post is visible (Firefox and Chromium latest).

Can someone confirm?

Cheers

EDIT:
It seems, the "AT" symbol to adress a specific user is creating the fuzz...

Best Current File Transfer Methods?
Posted by: britelite - 02-15-2022, 10:15 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (8)

I saw there were a few posts although I was wondering if there were any updates.

Bluetooth works but slowly.

I was actually kind of amazed that you can't just upload via USB stick (or can you only do it on a few distros like Mobian? I didn't find a pinephone-devtools or whatever in PostmarketOS)

I don't know how to SSH but I saw there were a few articles, does anyone have a simple guide on how to transfer files using something similar (like scp or whatever)? Mainly I guess I wasn't sure how to find the server address to connect to, if say I am just connecting via USB between a computer and Pinephone.

Actually the easiest method seemed maybe like I could put a bunch of files on to a MicroSD card and just insert that in the back, but I wanted to learn ssh so I could update files more regularly. Is it a problem to take out the MicroSD card frequently to update files? I imagine it would be cumbersome and a bit hard on the hardware, but it requires the least knowledge if it works.

Pine64's Luke in the subreddit said you could boot up the Pinephone by holding the power button and a volume button, which would have the Pinephone connect to a computer. I'm assuming this doesn't work anymore or in any event it didn't seem to work for me.

Any simple guides to file transfer or step by step instructions I can follow?

Thank you

Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64
Posted by: MaverickPi - 02-15-2022, 04:59 PM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (2)

As the subject says, trying to install video drivers (Mali 400) on my RockPro64.

I successfully installed Debian 11 64 bit to the emmc following the instructions on the wiki.

Any idea on how to get the Mali driver's working?  Googling seems to indicate these would be the utgard  kernel drivers.

Thanks for any help!

Broken pinecil (?)
Posted by: sh4ttered - 02-15-2022, 12:42 PM - Forum: Pinecil Hardware and Accessories - Replies (2)

Hi,
Is there any way to fix a pinecil that does not turn at all? If i plug it in my pc (via dmesg) i get this:

[  111.031189] usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 8 using xhci_hcd
[  111.175239] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[  111.394259] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[  111.619272] usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 9 using xhci_hcd
[  111.763250] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[  111.986842] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[  112.096540] usb usb1-port3: attempt power cycle

I hope yes because it tooks 28 days to get to my country.

Maui Shell
Posted by: ragreenburg - 02-15-2022, 11:22 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (7)

Anyone tested Maui shell for the PinePhone/Pro? It looks really nice on a phone screen but I haven't found a way to flash it.