Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,304

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
1 hour ago
» Replies: 33
» Views: 6,324
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Today, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 652
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 866
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Yesterday, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 609
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,150
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,299
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,309
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,143

Parental Controls Device
Posted by: jm952370 - 02-24-2016, 01:25 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (7)

would this device work for the concept of some kind of parental controls unit?

i am looking into the possibility of connecting a pine 64 to a modem/router and then creating some kind of web interface that would allow parents or adults to

control blacklists
filter/block webistes like facebook during homework
schedule internet access for certain devices during certain hours of the day
an option to disable the internet for certain devices

would be interested to hear peoples views

Android and Linux BSP 1.2 Available for download
Posted by: ssvb - 02-23-2016, 11:59 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

As http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=335 says, "Android and Linux BSP 1.2 (2016-113) is available for download through torrent. The total size for the Tarball is 22.6GB".

Is anyone seeding this torrent at the moment? I have started downloading it yesterday, but now it seems to be stuck with only ~4GB remaining. Thanks!

Touchscreen Alternatives
Posted by: NoahJ - 02-23-2016, 01:18 AM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (10)

Hey everyone!

In build the pledge for my Pine A64+, I decided that I wanted to build a bigger tablet, and have been looking around for a 9" touchscreen to use instead of the supplied 7".  (And I could get everything together faster.)  However, despite frequent searches on Ebay and Amazon, I have yet to find any alternative modules for the touchscreen in the size I want.  So, any suggestions on where I could look next?  Or is just keep looking on Ebay and Amazon? 

Or does anything like that exist in the $40 to $50 range with the right connector?

Content of IoT Kit?
Posted by: hannezz - 02-22-2016, 04:02 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Does anyone know if you get a z-wave for Europe when choosing the EU plug option when ordering the Iot Kit?
Thanks for your help

Holiday - Upgrade question
Posted by: isfacat - 02-22-2016, 03:08 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (7)

So I'm one of the people who backed the Holiday Pine A64+ 1GB, and I wanted to upgrade it to the 2GB board.

However, I've been informed that if I upgrade to the 2GB board, my shipping date will be delayed further back. This is not a viable option for me.

I have yet to compete my survey until I can get an answer on why this is so.

IR Receiver
Posted by: hrh1818 - 02-22-2016, 01:58 PM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (13)

The Wiki says:  "IR receiver (no need to staff IR connector, just reserved 3 pin connectors Vcc, CIR_RX, Gnd)  
What does this mean?   Is a IR receiver built into Pine A64?   Is any additional wiring or modification required to be made to the Pine A64 to be able to use the IR remote control with the Pine A64?

I looked at the schematic but it doesn't clear up the confusion. 

hrh1818

GitLab CE?
Posted by: johnkacz - 02-22-2016, 12:28 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (4)

I'm wondering if it might eventually be possible to have Pine64 with GitLab installed on it. They currently have a version for Raspbian Wheezy (https://about.gitlab.com/downloads/)

2 GB Addon
Posted by: SteveAngelis - 02-22-2016, 10:55 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (2)

Hi,

I noticed with the 2GB addon that it says 'light assembly required'. Does anyone know what this will entail? Will this mean soldering is required or just plug in and go?

The Release of Pine A64 Schematic
Posted by: khgoh - 02-22-2016, 08:07 AM - Forum: News - No Replies

Please refer to the wiki at http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa...nformation for the Pine A64 1GB Ram version schematic.

Android Emulation?
Posted by: JoeHz - 02-22-2016, 01:30 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I've got my order in with the kick starter.

I've even downloaded the image from the wiki. 

What I've never done before is add a hardware image to the AVD Emulator. I'd like to be able to do this as my A64 isn't gong to ship until April. I've gotten as far as subjecting the archive to 7-Zip. the .img file therein it claims is corrupted.

I gotta believe this has been done before but I didn't see it. Can someone throw me a pointer? 

I assume it's going to result in files that go under the system-images/android-22 directory. I just need to get to that point.

Thanks in advance