Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,304

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
3 hours ago
» Replies: 33
» Views: 6,337
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Today, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 656
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 56
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 867
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Yesterday, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 609
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,150
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,311
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,312
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,143

Wink Multiple wifi remotes
Posted by: klafbang - 02-27-2016, 04:41 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (11)

I'm planning to throw the wifi remote along with the temperature sensor, light sensor, and a couple relays into a box to control my outside shades.  I plan on making one such box for each group of shades, for a total of 5 boxes.  I've a couple of questions about the wifi remote as the documentation is quite spotty.

- The first question is whether I can connect 5 such boxes containing 5 wifi remotes to a single Pine64?  I would prefer to simplify the network as much as possible and avoid having to put a full computer in each box.

- Is the I2C bus of the wifi remote an extension of a Pine64 I2C bus, or is it separate?

- Equally importantly, is the addressing on the bus I2C bus of the wifi remotes separate?  The temperature sensor does not allow setting the I2C address, so you can only have one on the bus which would not work if the buses were all joined together to one, and with 5 boxes with a couple sensors and relays, I'd quickly run very close to the limit of I2C addresses.

- What's the range of the on-chip wifi antenna?

The "official Linux" download from Pine?
Posted by: adeneb - 02-27-2016, 02:26 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Why is the download for the Linux on the http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release
so large? Most ISO's that I have downloaded and burned to disk are in the 4.7 Gig range, so I do not understand why 23 gig worth?

USB Hub
Posted by: birdcatx7 - 02-27-2016, 12:24 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (2)

I feel like this might be an overly simple question to ask, but I'd rather know for sure before I start spending money on "extras". Would I be correct in assuming that I can connect a USB hub to one of the two USB ports, to expand the number of USB devices used on a Pine64?

If yes, are there limitations such as number of active devices on one hub per port, or type of device? I'm considering a number of devices such as gamepads, where I might have multiple on a hub, or multiple gamepads connected to a usb adapter on one usb port on the hub (PSX multi-tap for instance). Also, external hard drives as well, to increase storage.

nexdock (laptop style HDMI display w/ BT keyboard/touchpad)
Posted by: neoaeon - 02-26-2016, 04:32 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (5)

Came across the NexDock on IndieGoGo, a laptop styled miniHDMI 14" 1366x768 screen, with Bluetooth 4 Keyboard / Touchpad, 2x USB and a 38Wh battery.  

It also comes with a TF card slot and 3.5mm audio jack; the exact usage of which I've not found yet.

It doesn't appear to have any USB B type ports, so I'm guessing the keyboard / touchpad is BT only and not available via USB.  I assume the audio jack is also BT.  Zero clue how to use the TF slot.

Personally for hobby stuff I was using a Hairer HLT71 which I got on clearance at Target for less than $50. It only has RCAs, and a pretty horrible 7" 416x234 resolution.  Since everything has been going HDMI I've beep keeping my eyes open for a cheap clearance/refurb portable HDMI tv/monitor.

I opted to back it at $99, thinking that a 14" HDMI display would at least cost that much, BT keyboard w/ touchpad, and 10,000mAh battery pack built-in being a bonus.

Thoughts?  Ever seen anything similar?  Anyone interested for their Pine64?

I'm hoping they hit their goals and actually ship.

http://nexdock.com/
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nexdo...-laptop--2

camera array possible?
Posted by: haskellf - 02-26-2016, 02:26 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (11)

Is it possible to attach multiple cameras to a single pine64, as a camera controller?

If not, is it possible to connect multiple pine64 (each with a camera) synced together to simultaneously take a photo from each camera?

I am looking to created my own camera array for Photogrammerty. Photogrammetry is the process of taking multiple camera shots from different parallax angles which are then processed in a software package to create a 3D representation of the target. I.E. take multiple photographs of a person from different angles to created a 3D representation.

I want to setup an array of pine64 cameras in a spherical formation all pointing towards a center point actor. The cameras will shoot a single image simultaneously and stored to a central drive. I was thinking that controlling the cameras and writing the images via ethernet would be a solution but some wise words from more technical modders would be most welcomed.

http://www.tested.com/art/makers/460057-...grammetry/
http://www.artanim.ch/blog/2014/02/build...d-scanner/

USB cable to power device
Posted by: Ron Piggott - 02-26-2016, 01:03 PM - Forum: DC Power In - Replies (12)

What is the USB cable that I need to power the Pine64?  Is it a USB mini?  Ron

Shipping service
Posted by: Terra854 - 02-26-2016, 06:07 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (25)

Hello.

Just wondering, whch shipping service you guys use for shipping out the Pine64 boards?

Question When will the March shipments close?
Posted by: MichaelMeissner - 02-25-2016, 02:48 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

I can't find the credit card that I listed with backerkit, so I asked the bank to send me a new card.  While the main number will be the same, the expiration date and CCV number will be different.  So if there is a general time frame when the March orders need to be paid for (say last week of March), it would be useful to know.

If the March orders are going to close at the beginning of March, I would need to use a different card. It simplifies things if I put camera and electronics purchases on a separate card from the normal household cards. Those are paid out of my 'toy' funds, and not the general household budget.

packaging of pine64
Posted by: vsz85 - 02-24-2016, 04:51 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (1)

hi, can anyone share the packaging dimension for the pine64+?

Q: dont know what tyo do?
Posted by: 1happyinfidel - 02-24-2016, 02:49 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

hi all. I purchased the 89 backer pkg. as well as 1 of every item.  i am not even sure what the possibilities are with this but im hoping i can get some honest help here.

$89 REWARD
The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen You will get the PINE A64+ 1GB unit along with 64GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with Android 5.1 OS, 802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0, PINE64 Power Supply, 7" LCD touchscreen panel, the PINE64 Enclosure. 2GB upgrade available for $10 later. (Light Assembly Required)
Pledge Questions
What kind of power supply do you need?
USA 5V Power Supply
Would you like to upgrade to the 2GB model for an extra $10?
Yes, upgrade to 2GB!
What are you planning on building / doing with your PINE64?
i truly have no idea
Update Your Answers
Add-ons
5 Way 12C Cable
Qty: 1 x $1.25
4 Way 12C Cable
5-Way to 4-Way I2C Cable
PINE64 Z-Wave Module (US version)
Qty: 1 x $29.99
USB Keyboard HUB.