Midori suddenly crashing with bookmark errors
Midori has been running rock solid for me for a few weeks (since I got Ubuntu and started using it on my A64). Today, it suddenly started crashing. I get a pop-up dialog box that says "Bookmarks couldn't be loaded: Failed to get row disk I/O error," and, "The history couldn't be loaded: Failed to get row disk IO/error." Running midori -d gives me

Code:
(midori4:20864): libsoup-WARNING **: failed to execute query: disk I/O error
(midori4:20864): libsoup-WARNING **: Failed to execute  query: disk I/O error
(midori4:20864): libsoup-WARNING **: Failed to execute query: disk I/O error
** (midori4:20864): ERROR **: tabby.vala:657: Failed to get row disk I/O error
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

In order to try to resolve this, I've uninstalled Midori and removed all the Midori support directories by hand: /home/ubuntu/.cache/midori, /home/ubuntu/.config/midori, and /usr/share/midori. Then I reinstalled Midori from the repo, but I'm still seeing this behavior.

Firefox crashes immediately as noted on another thread, so I'm essentially browserless on the PineA64 right now. Any helpful suggestions on where to go next?

Cheers,
Phil
(04-25-2016, 12:00 AM)hukuzatuna Wrote: Midori has been running rock solid for me for a few weeks (since I got Ubuntu and started using it on my A64). Today, it suddenly started crashing. I get a pop-up dialog box that says "Bookmarks couldn't be loaded: Failed to get row disk I/O error," and, "The history couldn't be loaded: Failed to get row disk IO/error."

For me this seems more likely to be a card error of the system you are using. Maybe you should check your card (on a different Linux system) with

fsck -fvc /dev/xxx

as root and xxx being the device/partition of your card. You can normaly check the device tree with fdisk -l for your discs. Be carefull to use the right one and do NOT mount it by using fsck on it!

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk
Still a linux newbie with several EEE-PCs, PI's, LattePanda and some Desktops/Laptops running Win10. Now also proudly using Pine64+ 2GB and gigabit LAN