Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,305

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
58 minutes ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,358
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 662
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 870
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 613
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,153
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,320
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,315
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,143

Actual "working" 64 bit distro
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 03-16-2016, 07:28 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Are we going to get an "actual" working 64 bit ARM Linux distro working?

e.g. I'm hoping Debian - my ISP hosts 64 bit ARM debian repos... that's what I want...  I don't wanna hunt around for source or obscure binaries...  

I don't wanna hack away with Arch...  fuck that shit...  21+ years ago hacking x86 i386 kernels for ethernet?  FUCK THAT SHIT...

Lightbulb PINE64: StackExchange Community
Posted by: By-Jokese - 03-15-2016, 04:35 AM - Forum: Community and Events - Replies (27)

You can follow the proposal here: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/96710/pine64

The Pine64 Site in Stack Exchange has been proposed. Right now is in Area51, as a proposal. Area51 is where all the communities/sites are proposed.

What is Stack Exchange:
Stack Exchange is a network of question and answer Web sites on topics in varied fields, each site covering a specific topic, where questions, answers, and users are subject to a reputation award process. The sites are modeled after Stack Overflow, a Q&A site for computer programming questions that was the original site in this network. The reputation system allows the sites to be self-moderating. User contributions are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The topic and audience are still being decided. It needs:

• 0 more followers. (Thats just the minimum, more are better, so things are easier and better for all of us, so keep following and sharing, thanks).
  • 14 more questions with a score of 10 or more. 
to move to the next phase. Define > Commit > Beta > Launch.

To be able to create the community/site, we need to have 40 questions published with a score of 10 or more on each one. So if you are interested, you can post yours questions there. And don't forget to share it.

The idea is to create a community as the Raspberry Pi 2 has: http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/
The Pine64 community its on an early stage. But everyday we have new members and new projects being created.

You can follow the proposal here: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/96710/pine64

I will keep the post updated with news about the proposal and it's state.

EDIT1: Do not use comments to answer these questions. This proposal is not part of a Q&A site, and the task at hand is to submit "example questions" to help define what is on and off topic for a site. Comments are here to help improve the questions by asking for clarification or to suggest improvements; not to answer them.

EDIT2: We have reached the first followers goal (60), but thats just the minimum to being able to create it, we still need more followers, so the next stages of the process are faster and easier for all.
We still don't have the minimum amount of questions with score of 10 or more.

Thumbs Down Pine A64+ won't boot?
Posted by: minutesgrep - 03-14-2016, 11:12 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (50)

Pine A64+ 1GB backer here. Received my board today.

Downloaded PhoenixCard 3.10, and "Android Image Release 20160216" (Pinea64_android_lollipop_db1000_20160216.zip).

Burned the sun50iw1p1_android_db1000_uart0_0216.img using PhoenixCard in "Startup!" mode.

The board boots and shows a logo for a few seconds, but then shuts down.

I also tried android_dd_20160112.zip and wrote android_20160112.img using dd to the microSD card, but the same thing occurs. It shows the startup logo, but then the power LED turns off.

Is my board dead?

[Image: 0O1NZvj.png]

Boinc - to help science
Posted by: boboviz - 03-14-2016, 10:39 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (29)

A lot of Boinc projects, now, support android on arm for their simulations (astronomy, physics, biology/medicine, etc).
I'm planning to buy a couple of P64, but i'm scared about temperatures.
No one is using fan?

Free Online Courses/ MOOCs
Posted by: carlosviansi - 03-14-2016, 07:38 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

I can't remember if I listed this before, but here we go:

https://www.edx.org/course/embedded-syst...x-ut-6-03x#!

https://www.coursera.org/specializations/iot

https://www.edx.org/course/electronic-in...x-ee40lx-0#!

I actually went over the specialization lectures quickly and I found them really enlightening to reason about the Pine A64. Currently looking at the Austin one now. All of them have pay options for certificate, but you can watch them all for free.

Question Please add an ignore button to the forum
Posted by: sbhere - 03-13-2016, 10:10 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

I've found a significant amount of useful information on the forum, thank you for providing an environment where this information can freely be exchanged.
Unfortunately, I've found one user to be particularly critical of other users, with personal criticism and off-topic remarks. Nothing this user has said has added to the information I've been searching for, and would therefore prefer to hide all of their postings. Is this a forum option? If so, please add it, or if it's available, please let me know where to find it.

Also, I looked for a place to put this post, but found no areas about "infrastructure" or "meta", aside from this "General" category. Apologies if it should be somewhere else.

Camera Support Thru Android
Posted by: devildog125 - 03-13-2016, 02:49 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (17)

I was wondering in the image update, if we could get usb camera support for android. This way when we connect a usb camera to the Pine, we can use the usb (since the camera module is semi short) camera natively in android as opposed to the camera module.

Exclamation HTTPS
Posted by: Ohheyalan - 03-13-2016, 01:06 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

With Lets Encrypt giving out free TLS certificates, why is this forum not utilizing a secure connection?

Cluster Software
Posted by: Madroxprime - 03-13-2016, 01:03 AM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (1)

A PINE64A recently arrived, so I started getting it set up for a cluster using OpenMPI or MPICH,  maybe setting up a Hadoop cluster later.
  If you use Longsleep's Ubuntu image, you can install either of the MPI libraries(OpenMPI or MPICH) from the repositories if you're not keen on compiling them from source. They both seem to be the most recent versions, so that's neat.  You might need to edit sources.list to include the universe repositories.
  I'll post details as I get more into it. Right now I've only got the one Pine so I won't be able to get much information out besides what you need and how to get it.

Using Pine64 as autopilot
Posted by: Artyom - 03-13-2016, 12:31 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Various proposals for Pine64 use as autopilot.

Recently contacted the company Emlid, which produces quite famous for Rpi2 Shield allows to turn it into the autopilot system. Came the reply from the company Emlid:

Hi Artyom,

Sorry, but we only support Raspberry Pi (since supporting new SBCs for Navio is a resource consuming task, but the demand in them is quite low), so cannot provide any help with other boards.

Best regards,
Mikhail Avkhimenia
Emlid Ltd.
www.emlid.com