Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,843
» Forum posts: 115,304

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
7 hours ago
» Replies: 33
» Views: 6,352
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Today, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 661
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 58
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 870
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
Yesterday, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 611
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,152
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,319
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,314
various tricks to open th...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,143

NVR (network video recorder)
Posted by: batrad - 03-09-2016, 01:30 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

Would it be possible to use the PINE64/2GB unit as a NVR to record images off IP cameras and add a 1 TB USB HDD (keeping the OS on the SD card) ? 

if so, what would be the best OS to use for it

thanks

USB TTL cable no longer working
Posted by: taros - 03-09-2016, 11:53 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (14)

My serial cable no longer works. It used to work.

I connect it to the Euler connector,

Quote:TX: pin 29
RX: pin 30
GND: pin 34

Then on Linux, 

Code:
cu -l /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 115200

I do not get any response from "cu".
I tried two such cables. Is it possible that the cables got damaged? What can done to deal with this?
Initially I was worried that I bricked the board. However, I managed to boot an image off the microSD card, that had HDMI output.

Control DMD chip?
Posted by: pinesol - 03-09-2016, 01:46 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...0&p=712216
was wondering if this project could be done with a pine instead?

Pine64 compute module?
Posted by: dulasu - 03-08-2016, 10:46 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

Hi there,

Have you guys thought about creating something similar to Raspberry PI Compute Module?
The idea is that Pine64 is a nice board for prototyping, but it's kind of tricky to embed it into final device. It'd be awesome to have a separate "compute module" with only processor, memory and flash memory (or microSD socket). 

Best,
Dzmitry

Cigar Box Enclosure
Posted by: dockle - 03-08-2016, 08:45 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (5)

I think I am going to try to make one out of a nice cigar box, and thought about a fake hollow book. I want to use mine as a set top box for the TV so I want it to blend in and not stand out.

A retro look.  The non-computer.  I'll figure out some way to route the wires so you can't see them.  The TV is already inconspicuous.

I have not identified the box yet, so many to chose from. 

Will I be able to use Logitech Living-Room Keyboard K410 ???

Arch Linux Image with XFCE GUI base on Longsleep Arch Linux
Posted by: khgoh - 03-07-2016, 06:49 PM - Forum: News - No Replies

I just made an Arch Linux image with XFCE GUI using longsleep Arch Linux Image  version 20160304-1.

For more detail on the image, please refer to our wiki page at http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...20160304-1

No CEC over HDMI?
Posted by: utdrmac - 03-07-2016, 02:35 PM - Forum: HDMI Port - Replies (2)

I just read on another review site that the Pine64 doesn't have CEC capabilities over HDMI. Is this true? RasPi has this. Is it a hardware issue or software issue? Can I compile libcec on Pine and expect it to work?

I was planning on using Pine64 as my new media center but lack of CEC will make that a tough thing to accomplish.

RSB Information Request
Posted by: Milo Kim - 03-06-2016, 07:59 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hello,

I'm porting RSB (Reduced Serial Bus) driver for PMIC development.
In mainline kernel, it seems RSB driver is supported. According to RSB DT bindings, it requires clock gate and reset line.
However, I can't find them in Allwinner A64 user manual. I think register information below should be described in the document but nothing.

Clock gate number (PLL_XXX_CTRL_REG)
    Reset register information (BUS_SOFT_RST_REGX)

Both DT properties are mandatory in the driver, so RSB subsystem will not work without these specifiers.
Or Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Milo

ARM64 EL2/EL3
Posted by: itsokimbatman - 03-06-2016, 03:32 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - No Replies

Will the PINE64 be able to load custom EL2 (Hypervisor) and EL3 (Secure Monitor) code? One of the reasons I'm buying the device is to get more familiar with the ARM64 architecture, and I'm very interested in how the Hypervisor and Secure Monitor modes work. 

Similarly, are there any other restrictions as to what code can run? Can we program directly on the bare metal with our own bootloader, OS, etc?

Pyload ?
Posted by: ailgorbot - 03-06-2016, 08:11 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hi

Someone succeed to run Pyload on PINE64 ? Angel

or similar application