Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,844
» Forum posts: 115,306

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Battery Life- hardware ab...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: biketool
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
3 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,363
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 666
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Views: 33
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Views: 61
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 871
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 614
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,153
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,323
Wrong GPS Position
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
09-16-2024, 04:11 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,324

Pine64 and OP-TEE support?
Posted by: david@clique - 03-19-2016, 09:31 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Are there any plans to support OP-TEE Open Source TEE for ARM Trustzone

http://www.linaro.org/blog/core-dump/op-...ss-market/

HDMI overscan problem
Posted by: Terra854 - 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (10)

Is there any word on a fix for the overscan issues experienced by me and a few other users here?

support OS by the board
Posted by: hazerty - 03-19-2016, 10:50 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I would like to do a summary what OS the board can support now and for the futurs, with link to dowload and release date if possible.

now :

Android 5.1, remix OS
 for linux: 
Archlinux
ubuntu 
debian
another?

futur: ?

openelec
windows 10
android 6.0
chromium
ubuntu familly ( lubuntu, snappy ect...)
another?

Possible to Run This OS Without a Google Account?
Posted by: Akazungu - 03-19-2016, 06:52 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (5)

Since Google is the new evil empire out to destroy privacy, I refuse to feed my data into their gaping maw. On the downside, Android is a good OS and I'd like to play with it if possible.

So, will it be possible to run Remix OS without a Google account? I can get apps from the Amazon appstore other such places, I just wanted to make sure that Remix doesn't require an account (like JoliOS does).

Thanks for any info you've got on this.

Few Hardware Questions
Posted by: dav3yb - 03-18-2016, 10:30 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (3)

So with my notice of my extra charge going through, I'm hoping i'll be looking at this shipping to me soon, but I had a couple questions regarding the hardware and some functionality. 

1) What type of touchscreen is the one that is being advertised?  Is it a capacitive touchscreen?  If not, are there plans on possibly offering one in the future? 

2) I assume the touchscreen will connect though the headers on the board itself, and not require the HDMI port.  So will the HDMI port will output at the same resolution as the touchscreen if/when it's plugged up?  My current plans are to build a set-top android box, and i'd like to have the HDMI out as an option to hook it up to a larger external display. 

3) I saw where someone ran some benchmarks on the Pine, and in some heavy testing, experienced some thermal throttling.  Are there any current heat sinks that work well with the pine?  Or are there any plans to have some made/sold through the pine shop when it opens? 

Thanks to anyone who can provide answers or information.

PINE64 Price after kickstarter campaign
Posted by: eulalio - 03-18-2016, 10:14 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello... I want to know what will be the final price of the pine 64 once the kickstarter campaign ends....

Thanks

DOA Pine64 ?
Posted by: gato38 - 03-18-2016, 04:37 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (44)

Hi,

Just unboxed my Pine64 and attempted to boot it up for the first time.
All I get a is a red led and no video. 

I am using a 5v 2.1 amp power supply.
16gb MicroSD card. 

I am hoping I am just missing something.
Any advice appreciated. 

Gato

HDMI-VGA adapter. Blank screen.
Posted by: trumad - 03-18-2016, 09:22 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (10)

My Pine64 arrived in the post today, and I tried to connect it to my monitor via a HDMI-VGA adapter. But the screen shows nothing. I have no HDMI capable TV, so that's not an option.

On my raspberry pis there's a configuration file in the FAT boot partition where you can specify HDMI "safe mode" to ensure these devices work. is there anything similar in any of the operating systems built for the pine? I've tried Android and Linux and nothing. PhoenixCard won't work to try Remix, but that's for another topic.

Wake up Time from S3
Posted by: ktc - 03-18-2016, 02:13 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

I don't have access to a board yet but I am very curious about one aspect of the platform. 

I have an application that require low power and I need to put Pine64 into sleep most of the time. (S3). Once in a while, it needs to wake up and do some math calculations and go back to sleep. 

What type of S3 to active timing I should expect? I can optimize the Kernel such that it only has what I need. (No Display, Camera etc.)

Thx

Rebooting loop
Posted by: raz - 03-17-2016, 06:57 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (5)

I just received mine today. I tried 3 different images, used both mac and pc to write them on the microSD card. It keeps starting then rebooting at random intervals without actually getting to the OS. I am using an original Moto X gen 1 power cord. Could this reboot cycle be because of the power cord or memory card or just the board?