Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,844
» Forum posts: 115,308

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: realroot
59 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 187
Battery Life- hardware ab...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
6 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,365
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 667
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 35
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 871
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 614
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,153
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,324

Music Switching to analog audio in Ubuntu
Posted by: joey - 03-24-2016, 11:45 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (5)

I'm running the most recent Ubuntu Xenial image by longsleep. I'm just playing around with all the ports, and I see on the Euler bus, there is a pin for EAROUT_N. I assumed that was for headphones, so I wanted to try sending audio to that. I enabled the universe repository and got mplayer installed, and it seems to be playing the audio file I am testing with, but I get no audio out of my headphones. I have the Pine connected to a monitor without speakers, so I don't get any audio through the HDMI, though I assume that's where the audio is being sent to. I found some documents that said I can use amixer to switch to analog audio, but I can't figure out if what I am providing to it is even valid information. Has anyone got audio coming out of their headphone jack in this build of Ubuntu yet? I've never been good with the audio side of things in Linux.

Video Tutorial To Create Bootable SD-Card
Posted by: pineadmin - 03-24-2016, 09:52 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (12)

Check out this video tutorial on how to create bootable SD-Card courtesy of Michael Larson.

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...ther_Tools

Second Order Not Showing Up
Posted by: AUDIOTEK - 03-24-2016, 05:54 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (4)

I've ordered the $59 package and I'm pretty sure that I ordered the case that will fit the LCD and the LCD when I did the survey.  For some reasons I cannot track that.  All I see under my pledge is the following

$59

The PINE A64+ IoT Package
You will get the PINE A64 1GB unit along with 8GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with openHAB software, 802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0 Module, Z-Wave Plus IO Card, PINE64 Power Supply, and the PINE64 Enclosure. You can upgrade to a 2GB model later for $10.
(Light Assembly Required)
Ships anywhere in the world
Estimated delivery: Apr 2016

Where can I actually look and see if that purchase went through? I don't think it has went through my credit card either.   If that's the case where is the link to order extra stuff?

Does the Pine have ACPI to be able to be put in to sleep mode?
Posted by: MostHated - 03-24-2016, 11:16 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (2)

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the Pine has ACPI , and any form of sleep or hibernation (be it S1-4) to be able to be woken quickly?

Thanks

Question Shirt size chart
Posted by: carlosviansi - 03-24-2016, 12:12 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hey folks, 

Did any of you buy the shirt? I am trying to understand the shirt size measurements since I am in between 2XL and 3XL (depending on the manufacturer), but no one I asked seems to understand (yet I saw the shirts were ordered already by some). 

I'm looking for a shirt in 134cm chest and waist and 80 cm in length. Considering the shirt is worth a pine (lol, the hardware) I wouldn't want to get it wrong so I cant use it. Sad 

Does that mean the $89 tier can't get the limited edition anymore? I haven't lock anything yet because I am unclear on that part Undecided 

p.s. When is tier $89 lock day again? I believe our rewards are expected on May so I thought there was more time :|

screen recorder help
Posted by: Shady2tree - 03-23-2016, 10:18 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

I am looking for a screen record program suggestions . Free would be best as of right now Im just using the AMD software one. Im thinking about making a couple of youtube videos about some of the things im going to put my PINE64 2G through just to see how well it stands up one idea is a Camera vest for my dog.

just looking to get some gears turning

Turning it on....
Posted by: Mbarton84 - 03-23-2016, 11:51 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

So......  How exactly do you turn the thing on? Is it supposed to turn on by itself when you plug it in or am I supposed to solder on a power switch? I can't find any info anywhere on that or any videos of people actually turning one on. Help would be appreciated!!

Way to boot quickly in to a single java application?
Posted by: MostHated - 03-23-2016, 09:30 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hello all, my project (once complete and setup) will only serve one purpose, to quickly boot directly in to a java application. What is the best distro to use and the best way to go about making it boot as quickly as possible and directly in to a java application? The only thing that would eventually be needed once completed is the bluetooth, and touchscreen drivers working, everything else could be disabled.

I see in the Pine64 update today that people have made and released many different distros that will work on the pine, is it possible to have someone make one that is an extremely fast booting "headless" one, in which people could just change the startup script to select the application they want to quickly boot to?

Z-wave module compatibility?
Posted by: Yomet - 03-23-2016, 06:51 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (2)

Hi,

I am wondering if the Z-wave module developed for the PINE will work on a Raspberry PI B+/2/3?

Thx

Home Media Center
Posted by: Myszaks - 03-23-2016, 05:51 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (2)

Hi.
My idea is to connect Pine to Hi-fi and then to be able to stream wirelessly music from in ex tablet/smartphone or just connect to Pine wirelessly. Would it be better to intall RemixOs or some Linux based Os?