Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,506
» Latest member: jennybaso
» Forum threads: 15,844
» Forum posts: 115,308

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: realroot
22 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 187
Battery Life- hardware ab...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 15
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
5 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,365
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 667
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 35
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 871
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 614
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,153
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,324

Help needed Install Android using Mac OS X
Posted by: gubaguba - 03-23-2016, 05:10 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

PhoenixCard app is not really an option for me as the several computers I am running are all Mac OSX. I do have a netbook running Mint Linux. Looking for option that will work for the OS I have.  Also any specific Allwinner requirements might be helpful. I am comfortable with CLI and did a recent install of MintLinux with a formatted USB thumb drive from the Mac. Sure it is possible but need to be pointed in the right direction.

Zwave AU compatible
Posted by: mist42nz - 03-23-2016, 01:31 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Hi whats the status of the Pine64 boards with regards to the ZWave?  (can't complete survey)

Do all boards have this feature?
Is so, in our region we have to have one that operates on legal frequencies; can you let us know when that will be available please.

sound bar
Posted by: hazerty - 03-23-2016, 12:57 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (5)

I see the sound bar in actu n'33, It is a good idea, 

I would like to do the same project.

anyone know how to have the source of this project..?

thanks you

How to determine GPIO numbers?
Posted by: joey - 03-22-2016, 09:38 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (3)

I've been experimenting with some of the GPIOs on my Pine, and I think I figured out how to talk to them using /sys/class/gpio. Unlike the Pi, which I am coming from, the GPIO numbers are different. I found another resource on the web that said in order to get the GPIO number for a different chip, you need to take the letter from the Pin number, convert it to a number, subtract 1, multiply by 32, then add the listed GPIO number. I thought that was strange, but figured I'd give it a try. For example, I wanted to write to the Pi 2 pin #16, which is GPIO 23. I did the folllowing:

Using the document attached to this post, I determined the pin I want is PC13.

P="Pin", we don't care about this.
C=3rd letter in alphabet, but we're nerds, we count from zero, so C=2 (subtract 1)
13=GPIO 23 We just use the raw number, I can't math.

So we take 2 and multiply it by 32, which seems to be a magic number. I'm sure it has significance to someone, but not a n00b like me. 2*32 = 64. Now we add 64+13 from the pin out document to get a final result of 77.

Then, as root, I changed into /sys/class/gpio and enabled the GPIO:

Code:
cd /sys/class/gpio
echo 77 > export
cd gpio77
echo "out" > direction
echo 1 > value
After doing that, hurrah, my LED lit up. The anode (positive) of the LED is connected to the pin mentioned above, the cathode (negative) is connected to one of the pins labeled GND.

I just wanted to share this with everyone because it took me an hour or so of google searches until I figured this out. It may be documented somewhere else on this site, but so far I couldn't find anything. For reference, I'm doing all my experimentation in longsleep's 3/20 build of Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial."

Question Bent board? Post here.
Posted by: pine.tree - 03-22-2016, 09:34 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

I am looking to see how many people actually got a bent board, and if it impacted the function of the board. Post below with your results.

EXT4 support in Android latest image?
Posted by: Major_Sarcasm - 03-22-2016, 02:22 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hi

I have an external USB drive that I plan to use with Android as a media centre. It's a 1TB drive, about half full of stuff, currently formatted as EXT4 due to being previously attached to an old Popcorn Hour A210.

Does the current (latest) Android image support EXT4 for external drives?

GPS expansion board
Posted by: stephen fleming - 03-22-2016, 12:11 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (3)

Are there any plans for a GPS board like Adafriut's Ultimate GPS HAT for the Raspberry Pi?

Got my board, what next?
Posted by: joey - 03-21-2016, 09:10 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

So I got my Pine64 in the mail the other day, and I bought some fancy new microSD cards for it for experimentation. I've got it all hooked up to my RPi dev station. Now, is there a Debian based Linux release somewhere in the wild I can play with? Google is failing me with an answer. All I've found is Android and Arch. I guess I can make do with Arch, but couldn't care less about Android. Most posts and updates are from early February, when not many people had their boards. Am I just one of the first to receive it?  Huh

microSD card performance comparison
Posted by: falk.ben@gmail.com - 03-21-2016, 01:39 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (14)

I thought it would be nice to have some microSD card performance numbers so people can pick the right card for their application.

I used the same tests as explained here: http://www.jeffgeerling.com/blogs/jeff-g...crosd-card

I have two SD cards:

• PNY U3 Turbo Performance 32GB Class 10 UHS-I
  • Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1
DISCLAIMER! Collective benchmarking has its pitfalls.  Do not take these results to be the final word.  Be aware that there are fake cards floating around masquerading as top notch cards.  Also be aware of the fact that manufacturers will update the same model SD card with different hardware but not update the model name.  If performance is important to you, seek additional information when purchasing new cards.  This is only meant to provide additional information, and may be false.  You have been warned Smile

Now, with that out of the way, you can view the performance table here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...mO1qs/edit

Simple 3d Printed Case
Posted by: kanthony - 03-19-2016, 10:48 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (13)

I designed a simple 3d printed case since there didn't seem to be one out there already. Nothing fancy but it works.

STLs available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1428977

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)