Possible IDE?
Hi,

I tried the hardware forum and got no response, so i'll try my luck here...

I'm looking for a free IDE and some instructions on how to create a simple and basic image of my own.

I'd like to control the GPIO pins and maybe experiment a bit with some UART communication.

I'm a hardware engineering student and have a bit of experience with MCUs. I just got my PINE last week, but had no luck in finding a proper tutorial or guide on how to fully control all the of the cool PINE features.

I saw that it may be possible using an eclipse based platform for ARM devices called DS-5, but once installed it didn't offer anything more than a empty editor and no explanations.

Any advice at all would be great!

Thanks!
(05-18-2016, 06:05 AM)yuvgin Wrote: Hi,

I tried the hardware forum and got no response, so i'll try my luck here...

I'm looking for a free IDE and some instructions on how to create a simple and basic image of my own.

I'd like to control the GPIO pins and maybe experiment a bit with some UART communication.

I'm a hardware engineering student and have a bit of experience with MCUs. I just got my PINE last week, but had no luck in finding a proper tutorial or guide on how to fully control all the of the cool PINE features.

I saw that it may be possible using an eclipse based platform for ARM devices called DS-5, but once installed it didn't offer anything more than a empty editor and no explanations.

Any advice at all would be great!

Thanks!

Welcome, for GPIO, this may be a good place to start: http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO