Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
Hello there,

from v1.1.0 on the Axolotl Debian arm64 package files can be found in the Release Assets section of the official Axolotl Github page since cross-compiling and packaging is now done fully autmatically via Github workflow.

https://github.com/nanu-c/axolotl/releases

Please be aware that you can only use one primary device/registration in the Signal server world - Axolotl works as such primary device/registration.

And please feel free to post some feedback, if you like, and also check out the Mobian Wiki for Axolotl:

https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=axolotl

Old packages still can be found here on my Github page
https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package
Welcome.

Great stuff, thanks for working it all out and documenting it.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
@arno_nuehm Thanks for the guide. Unfortunately for me, Phosh hard crashes when trying to enter the registration PIN.

The keyboard keeps re-opening, then a prompt to "log out" appears, forcing a hard reset.
Lucky you, I can't even get it to build, it always freezes at "npm install" when it's installing(?) node's rxjs. Has anybody gotten it to build successfully recently?
(11-16-2020, 07:05 AM)marcih Wrote: Lucky you, I can't even get it to build, it always freezes at "npm install" when it's installing(?) node's rxjs. Has anybody gotten it to build successfully recently?
I would guess no other than the developer considering this issue on their GitHub.
(11-16-2020, 09:42 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 07:05 AM)marcih Wrote: Lucky you, I can't even get it to build, it always freezes at "npm install" when it's installing(?) node's rxjs. Has anybody gotten it to build successfully recently?
I would guess no other than the developer considering this issue on their GitHub.
Hmm, I have seen that issue but it seems to me they're discussing something completely different, there seems to be a different issue with running it but it sounds like they've gotten it to build successfully.

Is it really a "freeze" or is it just taking a bit more time? In my case (around 04.11.2020 - same date for the Mobian nightly image) it took quite a while for "npm install" to finish.

(11-11-2020, 04:25 PM)jed Wrote: @arno_nuehm Thanks for the guide. Unfortunately for me, Phosh hard crashes when trying to enter the registration PIN.

The keyboard keeps re-opening, then a prompt to "log out" appears, forcing a hard reset.

Which UI are you using? With phosh 0.6.0-1, Midori is up again and maybe the registration is working in this setup.

And to be transparent: I only wrote the "Alternative Setup" part and commented/corrected "Manual install".
(11-17-2020, 11:51 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote:

Is it really a "freeze" or is it just taking a bit more time? In my case (around 04.11.2020 - same date for the Mobian nightly image) it took quite a while for "npm install" to finish.
I'm not quite sure, I left it alone for half an hour or so with no progress, I assumed it was frozen since the little spinning line on the left wasn't moving either. I'll give it a try again tomorrow, leave it be for longer.
(11-18-2020, 02:38 PM)marcih Wrote:

I'm not quite sure, I left it alone for half an hour or so with no progress, I assumed it was frozen since the little spinning line on the left wasn't moving either. I'll give it a try again tomorrow, leave it be for longer.

Have you tried it? I will have a go with a fresh installation of the fde-image in a few days and give you an update...
(12-06-2020, 01:49 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 02:38 PM)marcih Wrote:

Have you tried it? I will have a go with a fresh installation of the fde-image in a few days and give you an update...
I have, with no luck. Interestingly, building the Flatpak went through fine so I don't know what the issue is. Either way, the app is currently not functional anyway, Electron crashes and qmlscene is not bundled in the Flatpak and doesn't seem to recognise the apt-installed copy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 14 1,345 03-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Faded
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,422 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,610 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,633 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 569 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,471 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,790 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 568 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,825 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,231 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton