Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,508
» Latest member: AwU2HBg
» Forum threads: 15,844
» Forum posts: 115,308

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: realroot
6 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 195
Battery Life- hardware ab...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
7 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 35
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
11 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,380
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 668
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 874
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 617
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,157
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,331

Pine64 to Spain
Posted by: pine771 - 04-02-2016, 06:20 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (9)

Hi, i am really interested in this board. i see that there is an international shipping. I would like to know what shipping method its used to send the boards because if its a fast shipping, in spain you have to pay Customs.
Thank you

Try Pine64 Without Using Any Display Adapters - Straight HDMI
Posted by: butteredmuffins - 04-02-2016, 05:11 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (9)

First off phoenix card is absolute sheet.

Second off thank you for developing this bored. 

Now to the problem, some people haven't been able to get these things to boot for one reason or another. 
Here is what worked for me after trying 4 power supplies, 4 different USB cables, numerous images, sheety phoenix card software, and terrible documentation.

I'm on windows 10

I have the 2GB pine64.

I have a 2.5a 5v power supply, I will try a lower amperage power supply later and update you all
here is the one I have, please do not purchase it until i update you on other power supplies..
http://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-...wer+supply

you're going to need win32diskimager.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

go download the arch linux pine64 image from here
pine64 wiki page: 
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

install the arch linux on your handy dandy micro sd card using win32diskimager, its super simple, it shouldn't cause any errors, knock on wood...

If you have any adapter of any sort going from your HDMI cable to DVI or VGA adapter, whatever, remove it. For some reason that caused problems. Try plugging into something with straight HDMI, try unplugging any peripherals just in case, you can try with whatever you want but for simplicity sake remove them. I personally plugged it into my TV, because my monitor doesn't have HDMI. I did have my wifi adapter plugged in when I booted arch linux. I'm trying to get android to boot right now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please leave a comment below and let me know if this thread helped you, because this seems to be a common issue and needs some visibility, it was a very frustrating issue for me

Good luck.

Making a Ubuntu Server image for SD Card
Posted by: insignia96 - 04-02-2016, 04:35 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

Hi all!

So I finally got my board in the mail and I starting to experiment with it. I loaded up the premade Arch Linux Distribution and played around with it for a while, but now I'd like to start trying to load the board with a Ubuntu Server 14.04 image, since I plan to use it as a lightweight headless server. I am not planning to use any GPU functions, so I don't care about lack of hardware GPU acceleration.

The question that I have is essentially this, how can I take the Ubuntu Server ARM images provided here (and which arm image do I need): http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/re...4/release/ along with the current Linux kernel builds provided here: https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/l...64-images/ to create a bootable SD card to run this on my Pine 64? For reference, I have the Pine A64+ 1GB board.

Thanks!
insignia96

PS: I am only a CS undergrad, so I am still learning a lot about different architectures and this is my first foray into low level ARM boards. In other words, sorry if this seems like a dumb question!

Hardware-Bugs: No HDMI->DVI-Output / Crashes upon Ethernet
Posted by: Xyntec - 04-02-2016, 03:07 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (3)

hey folks,

yesterday I finally received my 2GB-Pine. So far, so nice. Since then I was able to boot RemixOS, but experienced some problems. First, the video output works with a HDMI2HDMI-cable connected to my TV, but not with a HDMI2DVI-cable which I need for my monitor. I checked the cable of course, it works perfectly with my Raspberry. Does anyone have a clue how to force the display output to work?

I'm also having trouble with the ethernet port, but I noticed that I'm not alone with this issue. The Pine crashes right after I plugged in an ethernet cable. So someone wrote about a possible workaround for this issue, but I couldn't find in on the forums. Can anyone provide me with a link? Thanks in advance!

btw: I noticed that some of you are still struggling to find the right power adapters and cables. I used an iPhone charger combined with the white micro-usb cable which came with my amazon kindle.

RemixOS has been installed via PhoenixCard installer. Just make sure that you checked the "startup"-box not the "product" one before you install the IMG-file.

Rebooting
Posted by: S4BRE - 04-01-2016, 11:22 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

so i have gotten a couple OS to boot now. that part i am very happy with...

when i plug in the network cable though i get reboot loop.

is this a board issue or is something on my end like power problem?

Remix OS DD image
Posted by: ML-Anderal - 04-01-2016, 10:57 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (26)

Here is a DD image for Remix OS for now.

1. You will need to have a MicroSD card at least 8GB 
2. If you have a larger MicroSD you will need to extend Partition 1 to the rest of your drive size.

If you have any questions let me know. You should be fine to use Win32.
Please let me know if this image fixes the restarting issue I know a lot of you are having. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwrRh3...UN2VndCVTQ

No signs of life - what am I doing wrong?
Posted by: bratoff - 04-01-2016, 07:40 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (12)

Let me first say that I have over 40 years of computer and electronics experience and have worked on many different sizes and types of systems.  I own a number of one-board systems including several other ARM-based projects that I backed on KS. In each case I was able to easily verify within hours of delivery that I had received a working board.

I just received my 2 gig Pine64+ and I'm having the same challenge as other new Pine64 recipients here - I've burned RemixOS to a 16gb Class 10 card using the PhoenixCard tool as shown in the video.  I connect HDMI and Ethernet, insert the MicroSD card, making sure it clicks all the way in, and then plug in my power connection to the MicroUSB connector.  The power light goes on but nothing else happens, even if I leave the board alone for more than 30 minutes.  I am seeing the activity lights on the Ethernet jack flicker, further confirming that the board has power, but absolutely nothing else happens.

1. Is there something else we have to do to force the board to start up and boot?
2. How long is it reasonable to wait before we see some sign of life from the board?
3. Is there any progress indication while the board is performing its initial boot?

It is amazing to me that there is not some sort of OOB write-up or video available for this board, as there has been for every other board I have worked with. If nothing else, this would assure each backer that they had not just bought a brick. I honestly do not believe that the developers of Pine64 have met the minimum standard for releasing a product.  Instead of rushing to get the basic hardware in the mail by the end of March, the right thing to do would have been to delay shipping until a better first experience could be made available. Those of us who have been in the trenches and know how hard it is to bring in a large project on schedule would have understood completely.

Building Android and Linux BSP 1.2 20160113
Posted by: jonsmirl - 04-01-2016, 04:43 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I downloaded Android and Linux BSP 1.2 20160113.

How do I build it? Which dev board matches the Pine64?
Are any of those boards an H3 board?

1. aosp_arm-eng
     2. aosp_arm64-eng
     3. aosp_mips-eng
     4. aosp_mips64-eng
     5. aosp_x86-eng
     6. aosp_x86_64-eng
     7. mini_emulator_arm64-userdebug
     8. mini_emulator_x86_64-userdebug
     9. mini_emulator_mips-userdebug
     10. m_e_arm-userdebug
     11. mini_emulator_x86-userdebug
     12. aosp_flounder-userdebug
     13. aosp_shamu-userdebug
     14. octopus_f1-eng
     15. octopus_f1-user
     16. astar_h7-eng
     17. astar_h7-user
     18. jasmine_perf-eng
     19. jasmine_perf-user
     20. astar_y3-eng
     21. astar_y3-user
     22. octopus_ibt-eng
     23. octopus_ibt-user
     24. octopus_perf-eng
     25. octopus_perf-user
     26. tulip_perf-eng
     27. tulip_perf-user
     28. kylin_p2-eng
     29. kylin_p2-user
     30. octopus_n1-eng
     31. octopus_n1-user
     32. tulip_p1-eng
     33. tulip_p1-user
     34. astar_yh-eng
     35. astar_yh-user
     36. kylin_p1-eng
     37. kylin_p1-user
     38. tulip_t1-eng
     39. tulip_t1-user
     40. aosp_manta-userdebug
     41. aosp_flo-userdebug

dd image of Remix
Posted by: pfunk237 - 04-01-2016, 03:13 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (1)

I can't seem to get the Phoenix card to burn an image. anyone know where to find a dd image of remix?

I have be able to get lollipop android dd and Arch Linux to work with dd.

Finally got my Pine64 but can't boot to Remix Os
Posted by: GoZone - 04-01-2016, 03:13 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (1)

I tried to disconnect the mouse and keyboard not nothing is work, I have 2g board and it's only the board.