Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,509
» Latest member: meabrar
» Forum threads: 15,844
» Forum posts: 115,308

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: realroot
8 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 195
Battery Life- hardware ab...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Today, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,380
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 669
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 874
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 618
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,157
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,332

Shocked Haaalp! Any experience with Pine64 Android problems!
Posted by: ebreake - 04-05-2016, 01:24 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (15)

Finally my little pine has arrived \o/ Big Grin
Tried to install Pine Android (Pine A64 Android Lollipop Image Rev 2016012). I receive a message that android is starting, optimizing apps 42/42. After process is finished, pine restarts and process is starting all over again. Somekind of a loop. Constantly optimizing apps, restarts, optimizing aps, restarst....  Huh

Any advice pls?

Raspberry Foundation Scren
Posted by: famazzo - 04-04-2016, 09:05 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Anyone know if the connectors on the board will support direct connection to a Raspberry PI Foundation Touch Screen ?
If i can get my hands on one I'm comparing the Pine64 that i just received today to a Raspberrry PI 3 when they start shipping.

But prices just went down a hair on the touch screen and i want to grab one.

Thank you in advance.

Locks up
Posted by: slamminsalmon - 04-04-2016, 06:00 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I grabbed the Kodi app out of the play store. Installed & configured without a problem. Paused the movie, turned the TV off and came back 20 minutes later to a tight lock up. Had to give 'er the 3 finger salute and let it reboot and start my movie over (lost my spot and everything). Anyone else seeing this?

Display too large for TV
Posted by: slamminsalmon - 04-04-2016, 05:58 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

OSMC has an adjustment that you can use to shrink/expand the screen area. I'm not a huge android guy, but I've dug around and I can't seem to locate a setting that will do this. Anyone else have this issue?

Im lost
Posted by: eender - 04-04-2016, 05:54 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

Hey guys,

So i got my pine64 2gb, and wanted to play around with it a little bit.
But i only saw that there is a just a official archlinux distro. So i installled that and but none of the tutorials i found works with archlinux. Is there a fully working version of ubuntu ? 

I tried longsleeps version but it doesnt even let me change my keyboard layout(german) so i cant use that.

btw my goal is to install a plex server(and/or using the pine64 as a "nas") and jdownloader2. Also i want to be able to access to my pine from my desktop.

I hope you understand how lost i am Big Grin

Also PLEASE give us noobs some more tutorials Smile

Pine64 as a viable desktop replacement ? here are my thoughts!
Posted by: Luke - 04-04-2016, 05:51 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (11)

Hello everyone, 

I have posted a lengthy description of my experience with my new Pine64 running mate desktop over at mate forums (https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/pine-64-...-mate/4775). 

In short, I can see the potential of the board serving as a desktop computer for someone with limited needs. I found the mate desktop very responsive on the Pine64 and had no problems working overnight on it as if it was a stationary PC. Browsing the web makes for a good experience using the Midori browser (nothing else works) and imbedded videos play-back fine in 360p. 

Take a look at my post if you are considering using the Pine 64 as a backup/secondary desktop.  

Take care ! 

Luke

Android TV
Posted by: s21 - 04-04-2016, 02:20 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

[Image: 76556b817108106262275636b707d916.jpg]

Is there any chance getting android tv to run on the pine?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Chromium Instability
Posted by: ashjonm - 04-03-2016, 08:24 PM - Forum: Archlinux - Replies (3)

Noticed a the thread on Firefox.... Since its a different application I created one for chromium. 

Using the 2G pine64.

After installing chromium. Chromium will launch but will give the "Aw, Snap" for most any action (browse to external page or internal page like settings). 

I can create tabs however, those tabs just load the "Aw, Snap" page.

Any thoughts....

Firefox instability
Posted by: Doom4535 - 04-03-2016, 04:07 PM - Forum: Archlinux - Replies (3)

I just recently got my 2gb model and put arch on it.  One of the first things that I did was install firefox from the repo; however, after having firefox open for 10-15 sec with any number of tabs it will crash/close.  I am new to arch, but as far as I know firefox works in the pi arch installs, and I know it works in raspbian, so I don't think it is an 'arm' issue... although I guess I could be missing some dependency that pacman didn't include?  Any ideas?

Ethernet works on Arch Linux. Nothing elese
Posted by: pfunk237 - 04-03-2016, 02:22 PM - Forum: Ethernet Port - Replies (4)

I got 2 gb board and was able to install Remix OS (dd), Arnroid(dd) and arch Linux(dd).

Could not get any kind of wifi dongle working.

Remix OS reboots in a loop, which ive seen others talk about.
Anroid Lollipop could not get any kind of ethernet or wifi.

Arch Linux is the only OS i could get connected and am posting this thread from it.

Update: well 10 minutes later connection went dead.