Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,509
» Latest member: meabrar
» Forum threads: 15,844
» Forum posts: 115,308

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
How boot Alpine Linux
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: realroot
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 195
Battery Life- hardware ab...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
8 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 36
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Today, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 6,380
2G, 3G still is in phone.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: jennybaso
Yesterday, 03:49 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 669
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: FortranTraffic
09-18-2024, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: jacoballen
09-18-2024, 06:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: biketool
09-18-2024, 04:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 874
SailfishOS on PT2: flashi...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: schuster2
09-18-2024, 02:44 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 617
The program doesn`t detec...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
09-17-2024, 03:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,157
Danctnix Linux still main...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: zetabeta
09-17-2024, 12:54 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,332

Information Purchase wifi/bluetooth board & plexiglass case?
Posted by: faddah - 04-03-2016, 02:15 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

hello all,

i recently received my Pine A64+ board and am on my way to flashing a Micro SD Card and getting started. i'm very excited by all this.

however, i now notice i probably could have ordered the combo wifi 802.11b/g/n & bluetooth daughter board that connects to the Pine A64+ board, as well as getting the clear plexiglass case for it.

these items were probably available when i purchased and made my pledge with kickstarter, but in my excitement, i probably didn't notice and just purchased the board. so, my bad here, just trying to rectify it now.

so i went to the link they gave me for the backerkit site set up for handling the pledges, purchasing and shipping for the Pine A64 project (https://pine64.backerkit.com/backer/review). i've tried looking around at that site, and at the main pine64.com site, and can't find any links to purchase the wifi/bluetooth board, the plexiglass case, or any other accessories separately. 

does anyone have the URL link or links to purchase these accessories through the official Pine64 or Backerkit channels, please? thank you in advance for any help.

best,

—  faddah
     portland, oregon, u.s.a.

Donations email?
Posted by: dailen - 04-03-2016, 11:01 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Just got the kickstarter email about a*holes with no patience. I'll admit I've gotten frustrated with Kickstarters when they're waaaay off schedule. But when I throw down $100+ and its 9 months late with not one promise fulfilled, yeah I get frustrated but I usually just ask for my money back and move on. Hate to see you guys going through this crap and would like to buy you guys a box of Donuts! Not much but wanted to say thanks for putting up with the crap to fulfill your obligations to the non-a*holes.

Thanks!
Dailen

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mouse?
Posted by: Nion - 04-03-2016, 09:59 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

My Pine64 arrived and I installed the Android image with no issues, and got a successful boot right away. It recognizes my keyboard just fine (though I don't know what shortut commands exist), but it does not seem to accept mouse input. Is there any way to enable this?

HDMI Video Resolution
Posted by: patmolloy - 04-03-2016, 08:31 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (11)

Hi,

Pine 64/2GBB running Arch Kernel (arch-pine64-bspkernel-20160304-1-xfce4.rar).

Boots very happily and is *very* fast (compared with other SBCs I have played with).

I am directly into a Samsung TV/Monitor via HDMI (this thing http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE22H5600AKXXU)

The issue is that the the image is too big for the screen, off every edge. I need to change resolution or size or something (BTW this works fine on all the RPi boards I have).

I have tried App Finder -> Display but nothing seems changeable there.

It's worth noting that the boot sequence messages are also falling off the LHS of the screen.

Any ideas how to fix please ?

Thanks !

Using software programmable LED as activity light
Posted by: stephen fleming - 04-03-2016, 06:15 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (2)

When I receive my board, I plan on running Linux and would like to use the software programmable LED to indicate when a read or write to memory storage happens (to micro SD card or other storage device). Unfortunately I am not a Linux expert, so how would it be set up in the system? I know how to wire up the LED.

For those with PhoenixCard "Error" during Burn
Posted by: Keex - 04-03-2016, 05:06 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (8)

Hi,
while trying to burn Android or RemixOS images to my SD card I encountered the problem, that the "Burn" process in PhoenixCard canceled at random points during the burn process, with just saying "Error" in the log. This could happen right after formatting, or it could burn some steps and then cancel. Hitting Burn multiple times could lead to different points of "Error".

One method that did work out for me in the end was the one described by user "Wurstbrot" in this thread of the lemaker.org forums:

Quote:Hi there,
I'm using a Laptop with Windows 8.1 with in-built card reader and had the same Problem burning an image and stumbled upon a pretty easy solution:

First you have to format your sd-card with sd-formatter (hint (Keex): SD Card Formatter), method full erase and format size adjustment ON. Thats in case you tried several Android installs, obviously there remain some leftovers.

Then turn on PhoenixCard (V310_20130618), select method "Startup" and press format.
Then you press "burn" and then.... Usually in 19 out of 20 tries I get an error.

Now here is the catch: when you get the error, eject the sd-card. Wait a few seconds till it says
"No drive present" or such, then Re-enter the card and hit "Burn"....
This time it will perform perfectly.

I've tried this several times now and it works everytime!

Hope I could save somebody some time,
cheers

Steps:
  • (Last resort, shouldn't be necessary): Perform complete card clean with Diskpart, as described below)
  • (Optional: Format SD Card using SD Card Formatter (if it says that Full Erase wasn't supported for your card and instead did Quick Format, don't worry))
  • Start PhoenixCard (version 3.10 on Pine64 Downloads page works)
  • Select correct drive letter and image
  • Select "Startup" method
  • Click Burn (not format to normal!)
  • Wait for error
  • Leave PhoenixCard running, and pull out the SD card from the computer (i pulled out the card from my reader, not the whole reader)
  • Wait for PhoenixCard to say "No devices found" or similar. Usually happens instantaneously. If nothing happens, start again at the top and try pulling the whole reader instead.
  • Push the card/reader back into the reader/PC
  • Select correct drive letter
  • Click burn.
This time it should perform the Burn process successfully. I personally had no luck whatsoever, tried multiple readers and images, but this worked on the first try. I tested it with the RemixOS image "pine64_B2016022702_1000MB_LAN.img". The OS started successfully on the Pine64+ 2 GB.

I am running Win10 64bit. I did not use any compatibility modes or something along those lines.

Edit. For when it doesn't work:
I noticed that it doesn't work directly every time. Here is what MAY help:

Perform complete clean of the SD card using Diskpart
  • Be careful! You may damage the system if you select the wrong disk to work on!
  • Seriously: Select the wrong disk to work on and you will wipe your system or data HDD partition!
  • Windows Key+R (Run program) -> Diskpart (possibly accept UAC)
  • In the shell type in: list disk <enter> (always hit enter at the end)
  • Find the number of the disk that is the SD card (usually one of the last, e.g. check the size)
  • Type in: select disk 3 (instead of 3 the number you found)
  • Type in "list disk" again, just to make sure: the active disk (aka the one that is to be cleaned) is marked with a *. Make SURE it is the SD card. All data on it will be wiped relentlessly and with no remorse. If you select your normal HDD, you will loose all data on it!!
  • Type in: clean
  • Type in: create partition primary
  • Close the shell
The continue with the steps above.

Edit:
Andrew2 pointed out, that you could run into problems with this method, because the PhoenixCard errors are probably related to faulty read/write processes during the flash and you can end up with errors on the card.

(04-04-2016, 04:23 AM)Andrew2 Wrote: Then: Phoenix Card has some built-in checks relying on checksumming to verify whether some parts have been written correctly (does not apply to the largest part unfortunately). In case Phoenix Card throws errors then this is a sign of data corruption maybe caused by a bad (faulty or counterfeit) SD card or an SD card reader starting to corrupt data (well known problem with some USB readers that start to overheat and corrupt data after a certain amount of constant writing --> use USB2.0 when first connected to USB3.0, check the whole setup with one of the two tools below).

Where is the detailed A64 + plus ducumentation?
Posted by: Bargepole - 04-03-2016, 04:08 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (2)

Hello,

Perhaps I have missed it, but I need the printable detailed technical information about the A64.

Does it exist or have I overseen it?

PS: I hope the Debian Jessie will be released soon - I'd rather stick wirh Debian for a while anyway.
Will there be a Win10 IoT compatabilty?

BPole

Pine, What time is it?
Posted by: HeadShot - 04-02-2016, 10:20 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (6)

4:00 pm, it's always 4pm.  To be specific it's New Year's Eve 2015 and my Pine thinks it's enjoying the good life on the beautiful west coast of the US.

So, my question to the Pine dev team, Can I add a battery backup clock to my board thru the GPIO pins? Like this one I use on my Arduino projects:http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-DS3231-AT24C32-IIC-precision-Real-time-clock-RTC-memory-module-For-Arduino-/221972261503?hash=item33ae93ea7f:g:QGoAAOSwZ1lWdDWW

Memory totals
Posted by: dkulinski - 04-02-2016, 11:32 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

I loaded Arch onto my Pine64+ 2GB model.  I am only showing 1GB of memory when running the free command.  

Can anyone else confirm this same behavior?  

Thanks,
  Dan Kulinski

Yet another startup issue!!!
Posted by: adamw - 04-02-2016, 09:16 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (8)

Hi All,

Just got my board last night, and like so many others, I can't get it to boot fully.
I've read all the threads on power supply, so I think I'm OK with the one I have.

I've tried both Arch Linux and Android.
I have only the SD card and HDMI connected.
The red power LED is solid, no flickering.

For Linux, I see startup messages, and it gets to "host_chose finished 86!" and then stops...that's it.
For Android, I see the AllWinner/Android startup screen, and that's it.
I suppose to be complete, I can try the Remix OS, but my gut is that there's something else it's hanging on.
I read that the first boot can take a long time (5 or 10 minutes), so I let it sit for quite some time, and it just never advanced beyond those spots.

I did notice that there appeared to be some rework on this board.  There was some flux that on the backside near the RJ45 and HDMI jacks that wasn't fully washed off.

I welcome any ideas, and thanks for your help!

P.S.: I have the 2GB version.

P.P.S: I also just tried the Remix OS...as expected it shows the white PINE64 boot screen, and hangs.

UPDATE:

I saw in another post, someone had the same issue.
Their issue was resolved by getting a new SD card.
Theirs was phony (size).
I want to BestBuy and bought a new 8GB card, figuring that wouldn't be faked, since it's relatively small.
Same problem as before...gets stuck on boot screen.