No HDMI Audio
Has anybody had any issues with this? 

I can get audio out of the audio jack but I cant get any audio from the HDMI.
I have the pine 64 with the 2gig board.
(05-01-2016, 11:17 PM)lenwe33 Wrote: Has anybody had any issues with this? 

I can get audio out of the audio jack but I cant get any audio from the HDMI.
I have the pine 64 with the 2gig board.

I find the audio out of the audio jack sounded really awful, so I have been using the audio through HDMI.  It sounds much better (even through the crap TV speakers.) .  I did find though that the sound through HDMI would not work if I still had something plugged into the audio jack.  I may have even had to do a reset after unplugging the audio cable.
Yeah I set up the audio through the audio jack into my surround sound. The background and music sounded fine but the dialogue was murky. Ill try resetting it after unplugging the audio cord. Maybe that will initiate the HDMI sound.
I too have no audio on hdmi when usine Remix OS. All audio settings are empty in the settings window.
HDMI audio was worKing ok on Ubuntu image (but this one was overheating the pine by Just bein on idle so I went back to RemixOS)
I cant test on my other tv as it only support 720p. I will try on a friend's tv soon but I don't see why this would be an issue with my tv as it was working with Ubuntu.

1gb version on latest 2.0 beta image

EDIT: I tested the Pine on another setup which included a home theater receiver. This guy indicated that he was receiving stereo audio signal, altough it was sometimes dropping I was hearing a clicking sound when changing the "Default Notification ringtone"

Then I started a youtube video and I found out that the sound was working but REALLY REALLY REALLY low, at the point that even when cranking up the receiver volume to max I was almost unable to hear the video.

So there's obviously something else to fix here Smile
I have receiver Denon x1100. And i can't get sound through any HDMI port, except "Game" with 4k support. I dont now what is this.
Try change HDMI port or audio receiver\tv.
64+ 2gig board with no Audio. Have only tried Ubuntu. right now would like to make a retro game box, should I try Android as I have read other threads suggesting a possible kernel issue.
I have not received my Pine64 board yet, but I do have one of the original from kickstart, Remix Mini. I have my Mini connected to my Denon AVR via HDMI and I have no sound at all. I used to have sound, but the last firmware updates since about a month ago, killed it.

I have sent several request to Remix about this situation, but it is still not resolves.

I do have sound if I connect the HDMI cable directly to the TV, but that is not the way I want to use it.
(05-17-2016, 07:23 AM)clarkss12 Wrote: I have not received my Pine64 board yet, but I do have one of the original from kickstart, Remix Mini.   I have my Mini connected to my Denon AVR via HDMI and I have no sound at all.  I used to have sound, but the last firmware updates since about a month ago, killed it.  

I have sent several request to Remix about this situation, but it is still not resolves.  

I do have sound if I connect the HDMI cable directly to the TV, but that is not the way I want to use it.

Still having problems with that clarkss12 :/ sorry to hear
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-17-2016, 07:23 AM)clarkss12 Wrote: I have not received my Pine64 board yet, but I do have one of the original from kickstart, Remix Mini.   I have my Mini connected to my Denon AVR via HDMI and I have no sound at all.  I used to have sound, but the last firmware updates since about a month ago, killed it.  

i had the same issue. try to connect to "game" hdmi port on your denon receiver. it works for me.
(05-02-2016, 04:19 PM)Lutinmalin Wrote: I too have no audio on hdmi when usine Remix OS. All audio settings are empty in the settings window.
HDMI audio was worKing ok on Ubuntu image (but this one was overheating the pine by Just bein on idle so I went back to RemixOS)
I cant test on my other tv as it only support 720p. I will try on a friend's tv soon but I don't see why this would be an issue with my tv as it was working with Ubuntu.

1gb version on latest 2.0 beta image

EDIT: I tested the Pine on another setup which included a home theater receiver. This guy indicated that he was receiving stereo audio signal, altough it was sometimes dropping I was hearing a clicking sound when changing the "Default Notification ringtone"

Then I started a youtube video and I found out that the sound was working but REALLY REALLY REALLY low, at the point that even when cranking up the receiver volume to max I was almost unable to hear the video.

So there's obviously something else to fix here Smile

Hi :Smile have the same problem did you fix it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No audio netfool 0 2,925 05-18-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: netfool
  Bad audio quality davidgf 0 1,733 07-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Last Post: davidgf
  No Audio Sciamano 0 1,788 06-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Sciamano
  1440x900 via HDMI to VGA converter RaspiBit 3 5,853 05-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Last Post: tkaiser
  HDMI frequency Ziehlneelsen 6 8,543 05-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: rahlquist