Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,173
» Latest member: Jagaone
» Forum threads: 15,705
» Forum posts: 114,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
xz version
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 77
eSIM on PinePhone
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
5 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,733
Please share your experie...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: dachalife
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 46
WiFi Walkie Talkies?
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
Today, 03:43 AM
» Views: 57
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 04:13 PM
» Replies: 76
» Views: 169,931
Accessory request: desold...
Forum: Pinecil Hardware and Accessories
Yesterday, 03:06 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 355
Updated Physical Keyboard...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Yesterday, 03:01 PM
» Views: 213
atinout binaries for mobi...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Gumur
Yesterday, 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 96
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Yesterday, 01:57 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 240
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Yesterday, 01:34 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 339

Domoticz + PINE64 Z-Wave Module + Open Z-Wave
Posted by: klliew - 10-22-2016, 12:55 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (4)

Domoticz is a very light weight home automation system that lets you monitor and configure miscellaneous devices, including lights, switches, various sensors/meters like temperature, rainfall, wind, ultraviolet (UV) radiation, electricity usage/production, gas consumption, water consumption and many more. Notifications/alerts can be sent to any mobile device.

Tested with PINE64 2GB(1GB and 512MB shall work well, anyone with this please help to test out), Debian Base

Remark:
If you flash new debian/ubuntu build, ensure your kernel/u-boot is up to date and also resize your root partition to max available space your SD card can provide
/usr/local/sbin/pine64_update_uboot.sh
/usr/local/sbin/pine64_update_kernel.sh
/usr/local/sbin/resize_rootfs.sh

1) First update your system:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

2) Install the development tools and libraries needed for compiling Domoticz: 
sudo apt-get install build-essential nano cmake git libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-system-dev libsqlite3-dev curl libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev libusb-dev zlib1g-dev

3) Build & Install Boost Libraries
a) If this is a clean system, continue at Now build and install the Boost library.
Its recommended that you use the latest Boost libraries - as of 8th August 2016 that is version 1.61.0.
For this we need to compile/install them by issuing the following commands:
These instructions can also be used on a Linux system.

[This first step is necessary because you will get linking errors if you don't remove the old Boost library]
Instructions here are for removing boost 1.55, on your system this might be another version, so adopt these commands to your need. It could also be you never installed boost on your system, do not worry, just execute the commands

sudo apt-get remove libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-atomic-dev libboost-regex-dev
sudo apt-get remove libboost-date-time1.55-dev libboost-date-time1.55.0 libboost-atomic1.55.0 libboost-regex1.55.0 libboost-iostreams1.55.1
sudo apt-get remove libboost-iostreams1.55.0 libboost-iostreams1.55.0 libboost-iostreams1.55.0
sudo apt-get remove libboost-serialization1.55-dev libboost-serialization1.55.0 libboost-system1.55-dev
sudo apt-get remove libboost-system1.55.0 libboost-thread1.55-dev libboost-thread1.55.0 libboost1.55-dev
sudo apt-get autoremove

b) build and install the Boost library.
mkdir boost

cd boost
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/fi...z/download
tar xvfz download
rm download
cd boost_1_61_0/
./bootstrap.sh
./b2 stage threading=multi link=static --with-thread --with-date_time --with-system --with-atomic --with-regex
sudo ./b2 install threading=multi link=static --with-thread --with-date_time --with-system --with-atomic --with-regex
cd ../../
rm -Rf boost/

4) Build Support for OpenZWave

sudo apt-get install libudev-dev
git clone https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave open-zwave-read-only

cd open-zwave-read-only
git pull
make -j 3

5) Compiling/building the Domoticz binaries

cd ~
git clone https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz.git domoticz
cd domoticz
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
make

6) Starting Domoticz automatically when the system boots
a) Copy startup script into /etc/init.d

cd domoticz
sudo cp domoticz.sh /etc/init.d
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh
sudo update-rc.d domoticz.sh defaults

b) Edit Startup Script
sudo nano /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh

The lines you usually need to change are USERNAME, DAEMON and DAEMON_ARGS

Code:
USERNAME=debian
DAEMON=/root/domoticz/$NAME
DAEMON_ARGS="-daemon -www 8080"
Domoticz will now start automatically when you reboot your machine.

c) Manually controlling the Domoticz service
sudo /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh start
sudo /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh stop
sudo /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh restart
sudo /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh status

7) Create symbolic link for PINE64 Z-Wave Module ( Domoticz default checking Z-Wave module which connected to ttyACM0,Thank bonterra and marcosti pointing it out ~ Link)

sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/10-tty.rules
Code:
KERNEL=="ttyS2", SYMLINK+="ttyACM0"

Some screenshot:

Enjoy guy.

October 15 Order #2545
Posted by: diwou - 10-21-2016, 11:45 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (1)

I ordered the LCD Kit, more than a week ago.
Still haven't received any notification about shipment. 
Emails got no response.

When will the order be shipped? What's the tracking id?

The service is puke (From the first day on kickstarter...).  Angry Angry Angry

SD Card Sizes
Posted by: tpitman - 10-21-2016, 10:01 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (7)

I didn't know which group to post this in. I figured since you plugin a SD Card this would be the closest.

I bought a 64GB SD Card directly from pine. I was able to flash the 64GB android image for touch screen onto the card.

I then bought a name brand Sandisk SD Card from Newegg. I was not able to flash the 64GB android hdmi image on that card because it said it was too small.

I then found out that Newegg sells things from outside vendors, so I thought maybe I was a victim of a scam card. It says it has 58GB of space on it.

I then went to Costco and purchased a 32GB SD card from Sandisk thinking that Costco items should be legit, right?

I downloaded the 32GB android image for hdmi and when I tried to flash that image was told again that there wasn't enough room on the card.

I am using a Mac with El Capitan.

I am using the Etcher app recommended on the Pine64 wiki. That app worked fine on the Pine64 card I bought direct. It just doesn't work on any other SD Card or image that I have tried.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Guest Account Cannot Access Internet on Remix OS and Android x-86 OS
Posted by: deniyulianti - 10-21-2016, 04:36 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi all.

I have a problem using Android OS on VM-ware that is related on internet connection in Android x-86 version 5.1 (Lollipop) and version 4.4 (Kitkat). 
I use android-x86-4.4-r5.iso for Kitkat and android-x86-5.1-rc.iso for Lollipop. 
I use VM-ware version 12.5.
I have internet connectivity and I can use web browser for both android emulators, but I cannot download the APK files. 
The status of the APK files at Download Folder always show Queued status and I waited for so long but there was no any APK file at that folder (Download folder), or there was no any response. 
How should I have to do to have capability downloading android applications on Android x-86?

Besides, when I changed to the guest account, I cannot access the internet, it happens for both Android x-86 OS and Remix OS. 
How should I do in order to connect between a guest account and features that just have by administrator account?

Furthermore, I would like to change my cover photo (background) on Android x-86 version 5.1 (Lollipop) and version 4.4 (Kitkat). 
What should I have to be able to change my cover photo to be a new one?

In addition, in Remix OS I cannot impose the code into the Remix OS. Let says I wanna impose code into /etc/init.sh. 
When I checked my account by typing "whoami", and it resulted that i was a root.
How should I do to get permission to make some codes in Remix OS?

Please help me out. I would appreciate for your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Question No more ethernet with linux... Android connection is fine?!?!
Posted by: cr2016 - 10-21-2016, 04:23 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hi,

Pine64 with 2G memory and the wifi/bluetooth pcb on, DC-in through the euler-bus.

Recently I was only using android 5.1.1 for its stable wifi connection and decided to try again the linux images for the added apps... Surprisingly ethernet is not working anymore on the linux images I tested: Longsleep's old xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160507-1, newest xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160716-1, xubuntu-xenial-mate-20160528-longsleep-pine64-8GB, Armbian_5.20_Pine64_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.102...
For some reason linux builds do not recognize/work with the ethernet connection anymore...

Regarding Longsleep's console-only images, I have to wait few minutes for the login thing to appear. For the 'desktop' images, I login then it says that I'm not connected... It happens even if the cable is connected directly to the main router (no switch). I'm 200% sure that it was working before, I installed Mate from Longsleep's console image...

What is going on?!?!

Mali driver for fbdev/kms & wayland?
Posted by: jacklau - 10-21-2016, 02:23 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I know that Allwinner released mali driver for X, but wayland is more interesting than X, and many linux distribution is switching to wayland.
I can download mali driver for fbdev & wayland for HiKey board from ARM's website. It seen that it's possible for Allwinner to developing a similar mali driver. But will they? Are there any news about this?

Playbox battery charge
Posted by: jdmwrx94 - 10-20-2016, 07:42 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (12)

Hey! I just received a battery, I just installed it in the playbox.  Works good with or without the microusb.  I can unplug while it's on and I can boot on battery but it won't charge.  Or at least the charge icon works but the % indicator is'nt or something like that.  Any known issues regarding the battery monitor?

Photo Popsicle stick monitor stand
Posted by: psychedup - 10-20-2016, 06:25 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (6)

Since the pine64's HDMI port doesn't support my monitor's screen resolution, once MackPi figured out how to enable the LCD screen in Linux, I went ahead and ordered 3 of the touchscreens. Sure, they're a bit small, but you can't beat the price.

For my mini-desktop machine, I needed something to hold the screen up at the correct viewing angle. I started with a little plastic ipod holder which worked a little, but kept getting knocked down. Next I worked at making something out of cardboard. That would have worked, had I been able to locate some zip ties to attach the screen. But while looking through my garage for the zip ties, I found a box of craft sticks (popsicle sticks) and my mind started working.

I ended up making a mini-monitor stand out of the popsicle sticks, some hot glue, and rubber bands. It actually works really well! Here are some pictures of it:

That project ended up being pretty fun and easy, so now I'm thinking of making an entire case out of the sticks. I'm imagining making something that folds into a box when not being used, but opens up into something like a mini-netbook. If I can make it work, I'll be looking for a small wooden keyboard and mouse to go with it.

Chris

Finally got Emby server running on Pine64
Posted by: clarkss12 - 10-20-2016, 11:45 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (3)

After a long struggle learning to use Ubuntu and the Pine's quirks, I finally got Ember server running fairly decent on my Pine64, 2 gig board.  Took me a long time to figure out how to mount folders from my Synology NAS using NFS to my Ubuntu.  Still have not figured out how to mount folders from my WDMyCloud NAS, but still banging my head against the wall.  Most of the help I get here, is way over my head, hahaha, especially when I get talked down to.

Here is my video showing how Emby server is running on my Pine board and using my new Xiaomi Mi Box as my client.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59_SfaBLGdk

Netflix and Twitter no longer working
Posted by: Punkyclown - 10-20-2016, 08:45 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hello, both Netflix and Twitter have stopped working on my Android 5.1.1 Pine64.  Twitter opens up
and then just quits.  Netflix opens but when I try to start a show it says "Video can not be started, please restart your
device." But doing that changes nothing, the problem just continues... Any help would be appreciated.
Brad Hansen Huh