My Pinebook have been arrived, but cannot be charged
Dear, 

My Pinebook have been arrived, but cannot be charged.
Whenever I plug the A/C adapter, it doesn't work, and my Pinebook battery is decreased again and again.

The main reason is , I use it in China, but I have requested an EU Standard AC Adapter, 
Model : EE-0530-E
INPUT 100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 0.5A
OUTPUT: 5v 3000mA 

Can anybody help me , what else should I buy? Can anybody give a taobao.com link , in order that I can have a new A/C Adapter to charge my Pinebook battery?

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Gavin
(10-14-2017, 06:27 PM)mtmicrosystems Wrote: My Pinebook have been arrived, but cannot be charged.
Whenever I plug the A/C adapter, it doesn't work, and my Pinebook battery is decreased again and again.

You have described a common problem.  The electronics have a defect that prevents them from charging the battery if the battery is completely flat.

You're going to have to take the bottom off the Pinebook ( ten tiny screws, put them in a plastic baggie, or stick them to a magnet ) and carefully pry the bottom off the Pinebook beginning at the back edge.  Remove the tape over the battery connector.  Plug the AC power adapter in, and then remove the battery connector from the main board ( count 10 ) plug the connector in and wait 15 mintues.

( repeat )

Sometimes it takes 20-30 cycles;  each time you cycle it the battery will gain voltage until finally the battery will begin to charge from the electronics.   Be patient... this process is time consuming and frustrating;  and its the only way!

Shy
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Dear Mark Hays Harris,

Thanks very much.pls confirm that,
1. now the battery is 72%, not have been flat.it just cannot be charged with 5V 3A AC100~240V AC connector. Don't I care the difference between EU Standard and Chinese standard on voltage?
2.does I need extra hardware such as ac connector to charge it?
3.Do you have photo or figures to show how to solve my problem?

Thanks
Gavin

4. as per instruction, remove battery connector, and then plug the connector , then wait for 15 minutes, then cycle, remove again, then plug at once again,.then wait for the 2nd time 15 minutes again, is that true?

5.And for future, each time, I will have to cycle my battery for 20 times when the battery is power off, How can I use pinebook with AC power instead of battery?
Dear

I have tried 11 times after a whole afternoon, it's ok.thank you!

Plug the AC power adapter in, and then remove the battery onnector from the main board ( count 10 ) plug the connector in and wait 15 mintues
(10-14-2017, 06:27 PM)mtmicrosystems Wrote: The main reason is , I use it in China, but I have requested an EU Standard AC
i suspect this is the reason why you keep on having problems.
unfortunately i cannot say anything more definite; i don't live in china.
I'm glad you got it running.  For the first few battery cycles do not allow the unit to go anywhere near flat ( about twenty percent ).  I typically plug mine in between 5-8 % 

Also, be very careful about power down.  Do not put your unit to sleep and walk away for extended periods of time ( the battery will go flat and it won't charge again until you go through the time consuming restart ) !!

When you shutdown,  make sure the unit is actually OFF.  ... no LEDs lit, and no soft black backlight glow.  If so, press and hold the power button ( 15 seconds ) until the unit is totally OFF.

Keep the battery charged ( 100% ) when its not used, but, don't just leave it plugged in all the time !

Batteries in general love to be cycled.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Dear Mark Hays Harris,

Thank you!
Today when I wanna use my pinebook, I sudden ly find it cannot charged again?

Poor me!

I have to find a small screws to remove connector and then plug for 11 times, 15 min per time.
Quote:You have described a common problem.  The electronics have a defect that prevents them from charging the battery if the battery is completely flat.

Hi Mark, 
Can update/replace my old board or battery with Normal one without any defect? In order to permanently solve above problem?

Because recently I have found even I normally power down, it also become flat each time!

So boring! Can you help me?

Regards
Gavin
I feel very angry and annoyed, the battery cannot be charged again, van you provide a new good version without defection?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,207 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 919 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,256 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,585 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 956 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,595 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,496 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,680 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,607 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR
  TOR Browser on the Pinebook Pro jay3gg 0 2,974 11-16-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jay3gg