Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
your sdcard comments hint at a uboot problem, and the blank screen a dts/boot config problem.
(04-20-2020, 01:02 PM)zaius Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:09 AM)spikerguy Wrote: No the above fix is only for upgrading from old releases as we are now using dual partition method for all the devices. 

To fix booting from other OS over sd is a fix needed to be implemented by the other OS maintainers.

So if I understand, you do not need to do the fix if you are installing Manjaro to eMMC when the eMMC has an OS other than Manjaro (eg. stock Debian), and the fix is only necessary if installing over an older Manjaro?

Then is there a way to boot current other OS from SD?

I mean if you plan to flash Manjaro to eMMC and want to run other OS over SD card then some will work out of the box while some might not.

Here is the list of the OS which have worked and which have some issue. Strit have also documented the workaround as a fix.
OS Tested on SD Card
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(04-21-2020, 12:18 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 01:02 PM)zaius Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:09 AM)spikerguy Wrote: No the above fix is only for upgrading from old releases as we are now using dual partition method for all the devices. 

To fix booting from other OS over sd is a fix needed to be implemented by the other OS maintainers.

So if I understand, you do not need to do the fix if you are installing Manjaro to eMMC when the eMMC has an OS other than Manjaro (eg. stock Debian), and the fix is only necessary if installing over an older Manjaro?

Then is there a way to boot current other OS from SD?

I mean if you plan to flash Manjaro to eMMC and want to run other OS over SD card then some will work out of the box while some might not.

Here is the list of the OS which have worked and which have some issue. Strit have also documented the workaround as a fix.
OS Tested on SD Card

OK, thanks Smile

(I do find the "not power off" bug curious.)

I've been keeping the stock Debian on the eMMC because it's the stock image, and running Ayufan's Bionic MATE off SD.  Now that Manjaro is stock, I should probably put that on eMMC.  Although I might still want to run my Bionic MATE system...
I had Manjaro on a 32G card, which ran relatively smooth. Then I decided te gve it more room, flashed it to a 64G card, booted and saw there were many updates. So I ran the updates and rebooted. Now it's become very sllllooowww. The sccard was brand new. Anything I missed?
(04-22-2020, 06:50 AM)mlentink Wrote: I had Manjaro on a 32G card, which ran relatively smooth. Then I decided te gve it more room, flashed it to a 64G card, booted and saw there were many updates. So I ran the updates and rebooted. Now it's become very sllllooowww. The sccard was brand new. Anything I missed?

Which image are you using? Maybe you should try the latest one and enable zswap by running the following on your emmc installation.
Code:
sudo pacman -S zswap-arm

sudo systemctl enable zswap-arm --now

I hope it helps.
Manjaro ARM Team.
(04-23-2020, 02:02 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 06:50 AM)mlentink Wrote: I had Manjaro on a 32G card, which ran relatively smooth. Then I decided te gve it more room, flashed it to a 64G card, booted and saw there were many updates. So I ran the updates and rebooted. Now it's become very sllllooowww. The sccard was brand new. Anything I missed?

Which image are you using? Maybe you should try the latest one and enable zswap by running the following on your emmc installation.
Code:
sudo pacman -S zswap-arm

I hope it helps.
This one: https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...04.img.xz/

I'll try it!
(04-24-2020, 02:52 AM)mlentink Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 02:02 PM)spikerguy Wrote:

Code:
sudo pacman -S zswap-arm

I hope it helps.
This one: https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...04.img.xz/

I'll try it!
20.04 is the latest release so it should work fine, try it with zswap-arm and then let me know your feedback.

Thanks.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Has anyone had issues with updates? My install has not had updates in about two weeks. It used to be several times a day. Everything is working, except that. The last update I got was kernel 5.6.0-0.42.

*Update*: Not sure Why i did not find this earlier, but if anyone is having problems with updates, I found a solution here: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/another-mirr...red/132302
(04-28-2020, 08:58 PM)Daysleeper_Ed Wrote: Has anyone had issues with updates?  My install has not had updates in about two weeks. It used to be several times a day. Everything is working, except that. The last update I got was kernel 5.6.0-0.42.

*Update*:  Not sure Why i did not find this earlier, but if anyone is having problems with updates, I found a solution here: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/another-mirr...red/132302

Thanks for posting this! I had the same issue happening over the last few weeks and was quickly becoming disappointed. Currently updating 280 packages!
Installed Manjaro ARM 20.04 today and  can't perform an update.

sudo pacman -Syyu

fails with:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
nss: /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Anybody have an idea as to why this is happening on a fresh install and what I should do to fix the situation? Seems pretty weird to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 1,059 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 290 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,617 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,765 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 337 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,161 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,237 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 89,102 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 415 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,254 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX