Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,103
» Latest member: Nebulizer8204
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,532

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
3 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 565
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Views: 31
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
04-23-2024, 01:48 PM
» Views: 17
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:58 AM
» Views: 48
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:37 AM
» Views: 44
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
04-23-2024, 10:29 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 25,006
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: dachalife
04-23-2024, 08:41 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 105

Thumbs Down Dead in the water
Posted by: xircledev - 11-09-2019, 10:07 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (5)

Well... It's been three frustrating days trying to get this thing to work. It's pretty much dead in the water. Aside from being stuck in a loop when trying to boot it up, it won't turn on now. 

I followed all the troubleshooting instructions at the bottom of the Wiki. Toggling the eMMC switch, checking the ribbons, making sure the eMMC was in the socket... Nothing. It will not turn on.  Angry

NVME not detected
Posted by: VoxUnius - 11-09-2019, 08:29 PM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (4)

Guys, I've seen someone managed to get NVME working. My one doesn't work no matter what I do. I tried all possible OSes, checked the adapter in and out. No effect.

Does anyone know:
1. If it has to be a specific NVME card? My one is Samsung EVO 860, 250Gb.
2. If it's somehow related to the adapter problem? It thought the issue was only about the geometry and didn't affect functionality.

Cheers.

Cannot power on the PBP
Posted by: MC68060 - 11-09-2019, 01:20 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (6)

Hi,

I just received my new Pinebook Pro today.
But I can not turn it on Sad

When I press the Power-Button most times nothings happens, sometimes the power-LED turns on for a quarter second and then it's off again.
I've tried with and without power-supply, read in the wiki about the emmc-switch and the SD-Card ribbon.
Tried both with no luck.

I tried also without battery and the power-brick cable connected, but also nothing.

Any suggestions?

Question Help: Keyboard and trackpad SPI update utility broke trackpad
Posted by: User 11436 - 11-09-2019, 01:14 PM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (9)

Hi,

I ran ayufan's keyboard and trackpad SPI update utility (found here: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/pineboo...rd-updater) I got the following error message:

Code:
update pass
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QApplication(0xfffbe9dc), parent's thread is QThread(0xab2ca308), current thread is QThread(0xec1201a8)

I'm still able to use the keyboard on the PBP, but the trackpad behaves as through one of the mouse buttons is being held down. Then after a couple of uses the cursor seizes in place. I've tried running it again but I get more or less the same error. I can work around it for now by plugging in a USB mouse.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to re-flash the SPI, or know when the keyboard/trackpad update utility will be fixed?

Ben

Modkey + arrow keys not registered by xev
Posted by: maldus - 11-09-2019, 11:43 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (17)

Hello everyone,
Just started working with my new pbp, factory OS.

I'm trying to configure my window manager (awesomewm, but I believe the same problem applies on Mate as well) as I usually do. I like to move around windows and desktops by using combinations that involve the Mod4 key (the pine logo) and the arrow keys.
Unfortunately I've hit a brick wall; it seems that those particular key comps are not picked up at all. When running xev to test them nothing is displayed.

Clicking them separately works, of course.

A quick checkup with xmodmap shows me nothing unusual. What could be the issue? Is it possible to fix it?

Run Linux desktop as an Android application
Posted by: Vasant - 11-09-2019, 11:08 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

Hi,

I you ever get rooted Android OS running on the Pinebook Pro. We can provide our desktop solution based on Buster XFCE.
It takes 5 minutes to install and is done via two Android applications.

Here is a clip of VolksPC OS  running on ODROID-N2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVtqfnRhwI&t=13s

Vasant

Which application can I use to test webcam?
Posted by: richfm - 11-09-2019, 10:03 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (11)

I want to test the webcam to see if it works but have tried many applications without success. I've installed ekiga, guvcview, xawtv, cheese, webcam and webcamoid, kamoso, and akqml, all with synaptic. Some didn't run with error messages, some ran but needed a USB cam, none accessed the built-in webcam. Which application have others installed to use the webcam and how did you install it?

Bug ~/.profile not being sourced upon login
Posted by: User 11436 - 11-09-2019, 09:56 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

Has anyone else had issues relating to ~/.profile not being sourced upon login.

I've made a couple of customisations that add a couple of directories to the system $PATH upon login. However, these don't seem to materialise when I login. Namely:

Code:
# set PATH so it includes the snap bin if it exists
if [ -d "/snap/bin" ]; then
PATH="$PATH:/snap/bin"
fi

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "$HOME/.local/bin" ] ; then
   PATH="$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH"
fi

Both directories appear in the system $PATH if I run:

Code:
source ~/.profile

Ben

i3 Setup and Configuration
Posted by: CandyAngel - 11-09-2019, 09:32 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials - Replies (3)

This topic is to act as a guide for setting up i3 on the Pinebook Pro.

Installation

Install the `i3` and `dmenu` packages.

Change LightDM configuration to add the `Sessions` widget so i3 can be chosen at login.

No text in window titles or bar

Edit the i3 configuration file (.config/i3/config) and remove the 'pango:' from the font option. This makes i3 fall back to another font.

TODO: Find better solution.

Inhibit power button

Hitting the power button will shut down the system immediately and its placement (above the backspace) makes this very likely to happen. You can either disable logind from handling the power button at all (set HandlePowerKey to `ignore` in /etc/systemd/logind.conf) or use the same method as other environments and inhibit the handling of the keypress.

You can do this by running the following command in the background:

Code:
systemd-inhibit --what=handle-power-key --who=i3 --why="accidental strike defense" sleep infinity

TODO: Describe how to add this as part of i3 configuration.
TODO: Describe how to make it into a prompt via e.g. i3-nagbar.

Dead original pinebook
Posted by: calcmandan - 11-09-2019, 01:33 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook - Replies (1)

My pinebook was delivered during the first phase of the device's existence. The thing worked maybe two weeks before I let the battery die with the lid shut and could never get it to boot up again after charging. I've tried a number of suggestions posed in the irc chat, as well as some forum posts no no avail. I opened her up and couldn't identify the mmc card to flash and reinstall the OS. I'm really new to the platform and since it was purchased more or less for a hobby machine didn't really have time to toy with it.

I'm asking if anyone on here lives near Sacramento, California who'd be willing to meet me in person and help diagnose and repair the system. I'll cover lunch or beer as a mini thank you.

For the short time it worked, I liked the device and was just getting to understand its limitations when it pooped out.