Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,107
» Latest member: Linuxuser3
» Forum threads: 15,679
» Forum posts: 114,546

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 22
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
google will take control ...
Forum: General
Last Post: zetabeta
9 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,212
Help needed to understand...
Last Post: jojuma
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 133
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: diederik
Today, 05:47 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 2,083
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Today, 05:40 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,866
AI posts
Forum: General
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 08:14 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 998
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
Yesterday, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 626
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Yesterday, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 168
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 595

My Pinebook Pro.
Posted by: Nobot - 09-04-2020, 08:04 PM - Forum: News - Replies (12)

I was initially displeased with my Pinebook Pro in the first weeks of ownership. I can now say overall I like the little computer. Manjaro has provided  at least 4 meaningful updates that I could install thru my package manager. Every update made the computer more stable. I really appreciate that. When I sleep the machine it is dead within 8 hours if it is not plugged in. That is what was expected so that is OK. Peace everyone.

Information pmOS CE phone cannot boot from known good SD
Posted by: singpolyma - 09-04-2020, 07:55 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I just got my postmarketOS edition pinephone (convergence package, 3GB). Boots up and works great! I previously had a ubports edition pinephone, booting postmarketOS from sd card. Putting that SD card in my new pinephone makes it a brick -- won't turn on at all. Take it out and it boots from emmc just fine. Put the sd card back in the ubports phone and it boots just fine... Any ideas what could cause the same sd card with postmarket on it to boot in one phone and brick the other?

here is the serial output trying to boot from my sd card: https://bpa.st/RRMQ

Does anyone know where the scale to fit information is store?
Posted by: ragreenburg - 09-04-2020, 07:33 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (8)

What I mean is when I type in scale-to-fit firefox-ers on, where does that information get stored so that the phone knows to keep it that way?

Question How do I charge my PinePhone safely?
Posted by: thatrandomguy - 09-04-2020, 04:30 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (15)

Hello,

I just receive my PinePhone CE w/ pmOS on it. I've gone through installation fine and it's all looking good so far, except for one thing:

I am not sure if I can charge the phone with phone chargers I have. I am in the states and I currently use an Xperia XA2 Ultra that I'm planning to flash LOS on.

If it makes you feel better, you can call me a "stupid American" but the fact remains I am not an electrical engineer. I just checked the forum and wiki (grep PinePhone) for mention of what kind of charger I can get for this thing and I either come up to dead links or some external charger....

It's pretty clear there's no way I'll be getting official support for this so I am trying to make sure I don't break something I paid good money for.

Using the red USB cable that came with my phone: where am I able to use this cable to charge my phone? As far as I can tell, the docs says something with 5V is what's supported.

Would this work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TZZJZR/

If not, why? Again, I'm NOT an electrical engineer.

TIA

call audio
Posted by: qiset - 09-04-2020, 10:04 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (23)

The call audio is too bad to understand.  Broken mechanical static.  It is bad
for both incoming and outgoing calls.  I've tried the sound settings for the phone 
but nothing makes a difference.  Any clues?

Pinephone Community Edition doesn't boot from SD-Card Only Red LED
Posted by: steven - 09-04-2020, 08:35 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (13)

Hi Together,
I got my first Pinephone 4 days ago with a shipping time of 1 day from Hong Kong to North Carolina, USA WOW.
I like this device and as normal I am trying a few distros.

Well whatever distro I try, as soon as I put a SD Card in the phone doesn't boot and just the red LED is on.

Anybody can help me or has the same issue?

Steven

missing a pogo pin
Posted by: desca - 09-04-2020, 08:01 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (7)

My phone arrived yesterday, and…there is supposed to be a pin in each of the six holes, right? *attaches photo*

Attached Files
.jpg   pogo_pins.jpg (Size: 85.42 KB / Downloads: 431)

PockPro64 LCD Touchscreen
Posted by: AussieNinja - 09-04-2020, 12:09 AM - Forum: Android on RockPro64 - No Replies

Howdy All,

I've newly acquired a RockPro64 and an LCD Touch display, this is the first time that I have ever used such devices, so everything is new for me. After discovering that the original eMMC chip I purchased was faulty I'm now having issues with the LCD display. 

The display works fine except that the image displayed is reversed, or flipped along the vertical axis? It's difficult to describe but it looks like I'm looking at the image via a mirror.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so, what I am I doing wrong?

I'm using Etcher to flash a 32gb eMMC chip via a USB adaptor on my Mac running OSX 10.14.6. The image I am using is:

ROCKPro64_dd_20200804_stock_android_9.0_emmcboot-32GB.img

The SBC I have is a RockPro64 v2.1 2018-07-02. 

I'm not sure what other details may help troubleshoot this issue, I've run out of ideas...

Bug Pinephone battery issue
Posted by: tg121268 - 09-03-2020, 11:03 PM - Forum: News - Replies (5)

There is some weird battery issue with this pinecone. Battery level dropped from 88% to 26% in 5 minutes. Feeling the battery temperature with the left hand with the cover off and navigating apps on the phone ( reproduced both with Ubuntu touch and Postmarket OS ) I am feeling the battery getting very hot then dropping back to room temperature as I am navigating apps on the phone. When the battery gets hot, the battery indicator level is visually decrementing percentages as I am looking at the display.

Any other users experiencing this issue?

USB-C docks
Posted by: brentashley - 09-03-2020, 07:15 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

I am considering getting the PinePhone to complement my PineBook, PineBookPro and PineTab.  I'm absolutely interested in convergence, however I already own a few USB-C adapters that I have used with the Macbook Pro. They all have video (HDMI and/or VGA) and USB and one has gigabit Ethernet. Am I likely to find that these work with the PinePhone, or should I order the convergence package to be certain?