Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,151
» Latest member: Vista8720
» Forum threads: 15,696
» Forum posts: 114,609

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
4 hours ago
» Replies: 25
» Views: 2,525
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 11:33 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 57
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
Yesterday, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 134
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
Yesterday, 12:20 AM
» Views: 388
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-06-2024, 09:27 AM
» Views: 626
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
05-06-2024, 08:32 AM
» Views: 111
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-06-2024, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 389
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 154

New PinePhone PostmarketOS CE -- No second display output
Posted by: audidiablo - 09-07-2020, 08:06 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (3)

I have hooked up my PinePhone 3GB PMOS CE and do not get output. I'm trying to figure out if it is the dock that is the issue or is it PMOS? Ultimately just trying to see if anyone else has been seeing the same and if anyone may have any ideas or workaround/solutions. So far has been an excellent device and a lot of fun! Smile

Show us them PBPs
Posted by: SteveSquatch - 09-07-2020, 05:20 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

Anybody else desecrate the pristine logo-less lids on their Pinebook Pros?

[Image: IMG-20200902-084358.jpg]

What looks like sunglasses on Rick was supposed to be 2 stripes, but they peeled off right away. Ordered a new decal, but we'll see, I kinda like this.

Pine phone Battery life vs operating system
Posted by: bcnaz - 09-07-2020, 05:01 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (19)

Not sure how this could possibly be "Charted" so just going to post what I notice.

I happen to have 2 PMOS Convergent (3g ram) Pine phones.

One is running the factory install of PMOS

The other is running nightly build of Mobian OS   (Sept. 05 build)

Both at full charge, I did a few test calls and texts, short web connect
>>  then left idle with bluetooth and wifi turned off.

Checked after approximately : 12 hours

The PMOS phone was dead at  0% charge

The Mobian phone was at 30% charge

Maybe we can start to get a rough idea of what to expect for battery life.

Please do chime-in,  but for sake of continuity,  perhaps keep it in say 2 hour increments :
  2 hours - 4 hours - 6 hours - 8 hours 10 hours - 12 hours etc...
    Thanks !

Changing locale on Pinebook Pro
Posted by: Perl6_user - 09-07-2020, 01:31 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (5)

When running the installation process on the new Pinebook Pro, I inadvertently selected the wrong locale, so the desktop is now in Catalan (I think).
What is the simplest process to correct the locale (to English, Canadian or US)?

If I had an installation medium, I'd just re-run the install and pick the right value this time. (Is there some way to do that with the machine as delivered?)
(There's nothing on the system that can't be wiped out and reset.)

If it's possible to change a value in a configuration file (or files), what are the files and values? (I think I can stumble through nano). Please assume a
combination of Unix background and momentary fumbling.

For a simple difficulty, I'd probably try asking the distribution site, but this problem's at the intersection of software and hardware.

(I'm anxious to get the machine usable; what I've seen so far is very attractive.)

chroot can't execute passwd exec format error
Posted by: dimm82 - 09-07-2020, 11:53 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Have an error while installing postmarketos on a new pinephone. After entered password, pin, selected to encrypt storage, phone starts to install OS, but it interrupts with an error:

chroot can't execute passwd exec format error

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20200907_205321_789.jpg (Size: 74.73 KB / Downloads: 373)

HDMI on Mobian
Posted by: sundog - 09-07-2020, 11:38 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Not sure if this is already in the works, but it looks like there's a patch to postmarketOS to enable HDMI out on the dock:

https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports...f537d67dd8

Any chance we could get this rolled into Mobian soon, @a-waiSmile

Thumbs Up For any Canadians using Fido, Pine phone works!
Posted by: kilopip - 09-07-2020, 08:10 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

I got my phone about a week ago and didn't have time to play with it. Yesterday I installed UBports and was blown away with how far along this project has come. The only issue I had was not knowing that sim and micro sd slots are stacked (kept inserting the sim in sd slot). The phone detected my carrier correctly and connected to 3g data and voice. I was able to make a phone call and send SMS messages without much trouble. Thumbs up for this device, I don't remember the last time I was excited about my phone.

Debian (Vanilla) on Rock64 and eMMC - how ?
Posted by: as365n4 - 09-07-2020, 05:10 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (4)

Hi all,

I have downloaded the 2 files (partition.img.gz + firmware.rock64-rk3328.img.gz) from https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/arm6...rd-images/ and build the final image with zcat firmware.rock64-rk3328.img.gz partition.img.gz > debian_rock64.img and flashed that image to an SD-Card.
Inserted the SD-Card, installed an empty eMMC-Module, attached the serial cable to UART and powered-up the Rock64.

The Board boots from SD-Card into the Debian Installer and installs Debian onto the eMMC, once the installation is finished I remove the SD-Card and reboot the Rock64 and then the board is stuck and won't boot at all (no sign of life). Only if I reinsert the SD-Card and reset the board it then boots from eMMC, so the SD-Card has to be present otherwise it won't boot.

How can I setup the system so that it does not require the presence of an SD-Card to boot directly from the eMMC-Module?
Any ideas or adivce?

edit: attached the output of lsblk

Code:
Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid debian-rock64 ttyS2

debian-rock64 login: root
Password:
Linux debian-rock64 5.7.0-3-arm64 #1 SMP Debian 5.7.17-1 (2020-08-23) aarch64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Mon Sep  7 12:15:32 BST 2020 on ttyS2
root@debian-rock64:~# lsblk
NAME         MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk0      179:0    0 14.8G  0 disk
└─mmcblk0p1  179:1    0 81.7M  0 part
mmcblk1      179:256  0 14.5G  0 disk
├─mmcblk1p1  179:257  0  487M  0 part /boot
├─mmcblk1p2  179:258  0   13G  0 part /
└─mmcblk1p3  179:259  0  961M  0 part [SWAP]
mmcblk1boot0 179:512  0    4M  1 disk
mmcblk1boot1 179:768  0    4M  1 disk
root@debian-rock64:~#

KDE (Plasma Mobile) by Default
Posted by: Prescience500 - 09-07-2020, 01:41 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (3)

I've been waiting to buy a PinePhone as soon as a good out-of-the-box plasma mobile device comes out. I know I can install it on a device after I get it, but considering this is the first generation and I still have a lot of adapting and other things to do to get all of the things I need on my phone to work....I just want the OS level stuff to be already working when I get it to minimize headache. Anyway, I've since come back and done more research to try to place an order or figure out when/what I should order and I can no longer find any community editions planned that default to using KDE (Plasma Mobile).

Does anyone know anything about this? What PinePhones will be shipped with KDE (Plasma Mobile) by default?

Problems with new PinePhone
Posted by: LinAdmin - 09-07-2020, 01:27 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (7)

I recently got my PinePhone and installation of Postmarket OS was easy.
However I did not find a solution for the following problems:

1. When booting, the min. 8 characters of the password for unlocking Luks must be entered. Very often the correctly entered password is only accepted after up to 6 trials. Since I typed it very carefully, there must be a bug in the software.
  2. When the screensaver got activated, there is another password required to activate the system, and there too often several attempts are necessary.
  3. The phone allows calling and rings when calls arrive. However the sound is not usable. There seems to be kind of automatic gain control which results in a loud noise, more intensive than arriving voice.
  4. I was not able to use the SMS&Chat app. When started it prompts "Chose a contact". When pressing the "+" key in the top left corner, the stored contacts are shown. However, when I select an entry with a mobile number,  the program drops back to the previous screen asking again "Choose a contact".
  5. When switching off Bluetooth it gets activated upon next booting. This kind of settings should be permanent.
  6. Sometimes the screen of an application (like chat) gets locked and wiping up the bottom "^" sign does not put it in background. The only way out is switching off the phone and rebooting.
  7. I did not find sufficiently detailed instructions to install an email client and a file browser supporting cifs.
Any help to solve these problems are highly appreciated.