Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,217
» Latest member: PimpDiCaprio
» Forum threads: 15,719
» Forum posts: 114,725

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pipewire Struggle
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: Jite
4 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1,766
Creating a current armbia...
Forum: Clusterboard
Last Post: poVoq
6 hours ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 24,643
PineTab Bluetooth
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: PimpDiCaprio
10 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Touchscreen has stopped w...
Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: semipol
Today, 04:27 AM
» Views: 19
Armbian broken sometime i...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: michel_luc
Today, 12:36 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 89
Current status of PPP usa...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: mikehenson
Yesterday, 07:24 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 07:21 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 342
Armbian has been released...
Forum: News
Last Post: ArmbianForSBCs
05-27-2024, 11:58 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 7,648
Mobian-Kicksecure?
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: 3460p
05-26-2024, 02:09 PM
» Views: 88
Bluetooth on PineTab
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: MicroCenter
05-26-2024, 11:35 AM
» Views: 32

Comparing Mobian Phosh & Post Market Phosh
Posted by: bcnaz - 09-09-2020, 08:20 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

Would that be a worthy project..?
Comparing 2 Community Edition Post Market Convergent Package Community Edition phones
First one would be running the factory installed Post Market/Phosh OS
Second phone to be running Mobian/Phosh OS Stable release

Compare 2 identical Pine phones, running slightly different operating systems, running side by side.

May take a day or 2 to set it up.

Pin64.org looks to have been much too optimistic
Posted by: LinAdmin - 09-09-2020, 07:15 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (28)

Before ordering PinePhone PMos edition, I studied this forum and the details of the ordering page. There Pine64.org wrote:

Quote:" ... while core functionality of the PinePhone – such as telephone calls, SMS messages, LTE, GPS, GPU acceleration, etc. – is operational ..."

I am well aware that this is not a final product ready for everyday consumers and am also prepared to do some tinkering.

However, as several recent posts in this forum show, the basic function of telephone calls, SMS messages, GPS and input of passwords are not correctly working and need quite some fumbling.

I expect tillim (Founder) and Luke (Community manager) to give some explications and to show how we can easily get a corrected and easily installable firmware fulfilling the promise given when selling.

Question Virtual keyboard doesn't show the dollar sign ( $ )
Posted by: vidarr - 09-09-2020, 07:15 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I figure I have to be doing something wrong, but the virtual keyboard doesn't show the $, though it shows plenty of other symbols.  Makes it hard to punch in environment variables if I don't run the ssh connection from a regular computer.

Input sources = English (US)

I was afraid to mess with the Language (Unspecified) as US English is not listed, only UK English.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any input you may provide.

Cant't find any bluetooth devices
Posted by: ken92 - 09-09-2020, 05:49 AM - Forum: PineTab Hardware - Replies (2)

Hi, 
Today I received my pinetab and started to use it.
First I switched on and connected to Wifi, a new firmware was downloaded and installed. (firmware update was only once.)
After rebooting, I updated all applications that are already installed. That's all I did today.
However, I found that I can't use bluetooth. That is, even if I switched on BT on pinetab and tried to connect BT mouse., it couldn't find any BT devices including a BT mouse that was in pairing mode.
I need further firmware update or something?

hardware compatibility table in the wiki.. kernel version?
Posted by: speculatrix - 09-09-2020, 03:44 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Hi everybody,

I tidied up the hardware compability table in the wiki to divide into sections. I'm really pleased that we have a long list of devices for people to choose from. Please check if any hardware you have is listed there:

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...patibility

It occurs to me that we might need another column, indicating the kernel version and even distro, since a device might work fine with one and be brick-like with another?

thanks

Emulators and bluetooth controllers compatibility
Posted by: deedend - 09-08-2020, 09:31 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a working version of retroarch for Linux on any "distro" of the Pinephone; I believe this phone can become a great retroconsole with a standard bluetooth controller that you can find on Aliexpress for 20$ (like this one for example). Has anyone tried? I don't have a Pinephone to try this at the moment (I am waiting to buy the next community edition).

Cheers!

Brick Any recipes for IPTABLES?
Posted by: vidarr - 09-08-2020, 09:25 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (9)

I noticed there did not appear to be a default iptables configuration nor any firewall configuration applet (like Mint) on the PostmarketOS load...

So, as I haven't hand jammed policies in years, anyone have a recipe built to leverage iptables (which is installed, just doesn't have any rules configured) to protect the phone?  I haven't tested with my regular SIM card from my Android phone yet, just WiFi testing so far...but when I go on the vendor's network, that's more or less like being naked online without something to protect me. 

Not criticizing.  I know the devs are furiously working on the phone features as we post...just curious.

Ordered my 3 phones on April 20, 2020 and only 1 arrived!
Posted by: bndoug66 - 09-08-2020, 07:33 PM - Forum: UBPorts on PinePhone - Replies (9)

Why am I posting the following on this forum?

Because, apparently I cannot seem to get this issue resolved. I am not certain if the different departments of Pine64 actually communicate with each other when there is a problem or an issue, but it does not appear that they do from my perspective.

The last response I received from Pine64 Sales on 8/25/2020.

Dear Douglas Kitchen,

Both orders have been submitted and pending on 4PX response. We will resolve the undelivered packages as soon as 4PX response us.

Thank you and will keep in touch with you!

Regards,

Pine64 team

On 8/13/20 2:02 PM, Sales Pine 64 wrote:

Quote:Dear Douglas Kitchen,

Thank you for contacting us. We will contact 4PX service to follow up consignments of order 130041 and 130046 to deliver soon.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Pine64 team
Before anyone tells me about the shipping policy, note:

That due to Covid-19, deliveries were taking longer than usual according to USPS. So being patient and hoping for the best; I waited for what I thought was a reasonable amount of time before I contacted Pine64 Support, which in turn referred me to Pine 64 Sales.

Apparently my 3 phones allegedly arrived at USPS partner facility on 7/27/2020. of the 3 phones ordered, only 1 arrived to me on 7/30/2020.

So what happened to the other 2?

How long does it take for 4PX to get back to Pine64?

This is really abysmal customer service at this point.

On 9/20/2020 Six (6) months will have passed since I placed my orders and still I have not received my 2 missing phones. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Very frustrated and disappointed,

Douglas Kitchen

Just tried booting up the dev release of KDE Mobile and phone wouldn't boot up.
Posted by: ragreenburg - 09-08-2020, 07:19 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I just flashed the 9/06 dev release of the Manjaro KDE Mobile edition and my phone wouldn't even turn on. The red light came on and the screen light turned on for a moment then it went black. Anyone else have this issue? Also tried the Alpha7 version and got the same result with 2 different sd cards.

AutoDiaer
Posted by: WarpLover - 09-08-2020, 07:12 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

I know this was just released and is a work in progress, but I am wondering, if after a lot of work, could this be used as a basis for a watered down Medical Alert?
I define my ideal system as a wearable device with a button to mash, maybe wifi. The pinephone is powered up and always on (wall power), used as a base station. The alert signal from the bracelet or lanyard goes to the pinephone, activates an app, the app dials a predetermined number and sends a predetermined sms text message. "Jane Doe has activated her alert-system and want you to come check on her". It would have nothing to do with 9-11 and wouldn't need a monthly subscription fee (except for the phone service).
Seems like creating the wearable device is the real hurdle. (knowing a lot of software work is needed too)
Would the pinephone hardware be capable? And your thoughts about such a project at this time?