Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,221
» Latest member: MichaelLak
» Forum threads: 15,719
» Forum posts: 114,727

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Armbian broken sometime i...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: acruhl
05-29-2024, 10:44 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 109
Pipewire Struggle
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: Jite
05-29-2024, 05:03 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1,804
Creating a current armbia...
Forum: Clusterboard
Last Post: poVoq
05-29-2024, 03:50 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 24,670
PineTab Bluetooth
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: PimpDiCaprio
05-29-2024, 11:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 50
Touchscreen has stopped w...
Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: semipol
05-29-2024, 04:27 AM
» Views: 34
Current status of PPP usa...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: mikehenson
05-28-2024, 07:24 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 194
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
05-28-2024, 07:21 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 350
Armbian has been released...
Forum: News
Last Post: ArmbianForSBCs
05-27-2024, 11:58 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 7,678
Mobian-Kicksecure?
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: 3460p
05-26-2024, 02:09 PM
» Views: 106
Bluetooth on PineTab
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: MicroCenter
05-26-2024, 11:35 AM
» Views: 37

Reselling Pinephones on ebay to make money out of it?
Posted by: Peter Gamma - 09-10-2020, 03:55 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (50)

I saw it several times that people sell a second hand Pinephone at a higher price than a new one in the Pinephone store. I asked one seller about the reason for the higher price. He argued that it would be worth the price when I did not want to wait until the next batch or Pinephones are available in the Pinephone store. There is something wrong. Stop Pinephone resellers who want to make money out of reselling Pinephone. It is not possible to sell Pinephones without interruption in the Pinephone store?

package hell?
Posted by: vandys - 09-09-2020, 07:42 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (3)

So I tried to add the Alpine dev files (gcc, etc.)

Now the packaging is very pissed:

mesa-git-glapi-0_git20200323-r0:
    breaks: mesa-dev-20.0.7-r0[mesa-glapi=20.0.7-r0]
    satisfies: mesa-git-dri-gallium-0_git20200323-r0[mesa-git-glapi]
              mesa-git-dri-gallium-0_git20200323-r0[so:libglapi.so.0]
              mesa-git-gl-0_git20200323-r0[so:libglapi.so.0]
              mesa-git-gles-0_git20200323-r0[so:libglapi.so.0]
              mesa-git-egl-0_git20200323-r0[so:libglapi.so.0]
              mesa-osmesa-20.0.7-r0[so:libglapi.so.0]

and many more like this?

Phosh still in English, after switching languages
Posted by: jro - 09-09-2020, 12:28 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (3)

... Are there localisation packages I have to install to get the interface localized, or how to I achieve full localisation?

Thanks!

Johannes

No video when booting from sd-card
Posted by: rakor - 09-09-2020, 12:17 PM - Forum: PineTab Software - Replies (25)

Hey there,
when trying to boot my PineTab from sdcard I get no video output.
I put the sdcard in, boot by pressing the power-button for some seconds and wait. After some seconds the screen flashes for half a second white and then stays black.

I thought it would not even boot from the sdcard but I could boot the jumpdrive-image and install mobian on the internal storage. But the jumpdrive image gave me no videooutput too. From the PinePhone I know it should give some video-output.

The systems on the internal storage give me video-output, so the preinstalled ubports had video and mobian, installed ob internal storage, give me video-output too.

Is this know? Any hints?

Sound and headphone port
Posted by: sim-ulant - 09-09-2020, 12:00 PM - Forum: PineTab Hardware - Replies (3)

The sound on my device is quiet. It's just possible to hear a spoken Youtube video.
The headphone port doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Bluetooth is out (for now).
All the fun of early adoption.
Wink

My Daily QA - 2020-09-09
Posted by: plainenough - 09-09-2020, 11:36 AM - Forum: UBPorts on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Be aware, these tests are being executed using an out-of-box testing methodology. All tests are preformed with minimal interaction/setup of devices outside of: OS imaging/updating,  SIM installation, Wifi Configuration,  and Power Cycling the devices.

Results: ubports/2020-09-09-TMobile

Conclusion: This OS is not ready for the device to become a daily driver.

Notes: Still open to the idea that the camera button is to reverse the image not switch to the 'selfie camera' if anyone can confirm either way I would appreciate it. Failed 4G outbound call still an issue; the failed call no longer kills audio on all other calls. 3G calls are definitely broken today. Able to connect, wasn't getting a count up on call timer. No audio passed either direction. Rebooted phone and tried again, nothing. Good to see some changes going through that portion of the code base though, they fixed the 3G outbound SMS issue. Hopefully the VoLTE fixes are underway.

Issues:
4G outbound calls broken.
Phone gets stuck in a weird lock state when spamming power button.

Thumbs Down still no shipping info
Posted by: Bragi - 09-09-2020, 11:34 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTab - Replies (5)

I ordered the following on june 10th:

PINETAB - 10.1" Linux tablet with detached backlit keyboard

I still don't have any info on shipping. The only e-mail I ever received was when I ordered it. After that there was full radio silence. I haven't received anything from DHL, no e-mail, no text message, nothing. It seems like everyone else has received it already, but I don't have a tracking number, nothing.

Trigger happy proximity sensor, broken volume control & other newbie questions
Posted by: grug - 09-09-2020, 10:59 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi, I’ve recently gotten my PinePhone in the mail.  At first glance all appears to be working, but I’ve soon realized that the Firefox that came bundled with it isn’t as mobile friendly as I thought- most pages don’t fit on the Pinephone screen when used vertically.  Well, that isn’t a big issue in and of itself, so I tried using the phone in horizontal mode.  As I tried typing in a link and made the most minuscule of movements near the speaker grill, the proximity sensor kicked in, dimming the screen and temporarily disabling all touch input.  Now, I don’t have particularly large hands, but my palms do cover the proximity sensor from time to time.  This is normally fine on every other phone as the dimming only occurs during a phone call, but doesn’t seem to be the case for my Pinephone.
I suppose this is more of a software issue that can be solved by tinkering around some settings, but I have yet to see any setting that disables this.  With how trigger happy the proximity sensor is, I can’t envision myself typing on that thing, which kills almost all of the functionality I have in mind for the phone.
I have another problem that I suspect to be hardware related: none of the physical volume buttons are working.  Controlling the volume via software works fine, so this isn’t that much of a dealbreaker.  I’ve tested this briefly with xev and nothing turns up when the buttons are pressed.
Now for the stupid question: how do I get a dark themed keyboard?  And has anyone riced this phone?  While theming seems pretty straightforward in i3, I have no idea how to do it with a DE in the way.
My apologies if these questions clutter the forum / are incredibly stupid, the Pinephone is my first ever venture into these sorts of things.  I’ve never used a DE or wayland before :3. Thanks in advance.

Fading screen from 2020 9 8 nightly image
Posted by: HLing - 09-09-2020, 10:45 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

After a week of absence i came back and flashef the 9 8 image onto my pinephone ubport CE. At night all seemed fine. The mobile network still drops out and need a.reboot to wakeup . Being out in broad daylight though i was having problem (i enabled auto screen adjustment) i was having the screen gradually fade on me even when i was typing or trying to navigate the screen. It was a.bit comical as i could never select fast enough to get to the Settings to disable the auto function.

What OS is working?
Posted by: K_Research - 09-09-2020, 09:26 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (10)

What operating system is currently the best, meaning what OS has the most features working and more stable? I need to get my PinePhone operational to replace my Samsung S3.

Thanks in advance.