SimpNAS a possible alternative to openmediavault
Hi all,

I've recently discovered a project that is an alternative to openmediavault , not that there is anything wrong with openmediavault , currently I run it myself.

However I believe in giving credit where credit is due and providing options is the strength of opensource software .

SimpNAS is a early development (beta) NAS solution (obviously Big Grin ) that is similar to openmediavault with a clean and simple interface, that might provide the solution for your NAS build .

I hope that by promoting an alternative it might help a few users who have been looking for options and also that it might encourage users who have coding skills a possible project to contribute to .

I am not associated with SimpNAS , I just find it an interesting NAS project that others might not yet have discovered .

SimpNAS Website

SimpNAS Github

Armbian SimpNAS thread

A user that has it running on a rockpro64

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RockPro64 as Synology NAS alternative!? hemertje 4 5,207 12-23-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Bullet64
  Openmediavault Creating SMB Share : Failed to set file group to 'users' for ' loganxwolverine 0 4,164 04-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: loganxwolverine
Sad RockPro64 with OpenMediaVault - Ethernet card is not recognized eduapof 8 11,811 04-18-2019, 08:28 AM
Last Post: g_t_j