Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,151
» Latest member: Vista8720
» Forum threads: 15,696
» Forum posts: 114,609

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
6 minutes ago
» Replies: 25
» Views: 2,493
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 11:33 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 52
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
Yesterday, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 129
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
Yesterday, 12:20 AM
» Views: 388
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-06-2024, 09:27 AM
» Views: 620
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
05-06-2024, 08:32 AM
» Views: 107
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-06-2024, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 88
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 383
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 150

Can't turn off phone..Hard shutdown?
Posted by: JLane8 - 09-06-2020, 11:02 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (6)

Today I can't seem to turn off my Pinephone.  It has worked just fine the last two days, but for some reason now when I choose "Power Off" it doesn't do anything.  Tried holding down the side power button too. 

Is there another way to do a hard shut down?

How hard is it to port OS images designed for the Pine a64 LTS to the pinephone?
Posted by: coolguy129 - 09-06-2020, 10:58 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

Hey there,

I am currently attempting to port FreeBSD (With a DE) to the pinephone and I came across some images here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm/pine64. I realised that if it was possible to port Pine a64 (or other pine64 allwinner a64 devices) images to the pinephone, it would make porting freebsd images far easier. After a bit of googling, I couldn't find anything related to porting operating systems from one device to another. Basically, what I am trying to say is: How would I go about porting an OS image from another a64 based pine64 device to the pinephone? Is it even possible? Anyways, thanks in advance for your time.   Big Grin

Questions about Immutable Aspect of UBPorts
Posted by: QazTheWsx - 09-06-2020, 10:36 PM - Forum: UBPorts on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hello, I'm new to UBPorts and had acouple of  questions about it. I have heard that the base system is immutable. 
What does this entail for the use of the OS for the user?
What is the difference of this type of OS vs something like Mobian?
Does it support flatpaks? If so is there a way to make the applications fit the screen size?
Lastly, what is the pros and cons of this type of system?

Updated Plasma, now no screen keyboard
Posted by: vandys - 09-06-2020, 10:19 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

I installed an image (SD card--thanks for the 3gig support!).  Booted OK, got into the SW center and let it update everything.  Rebooted, looks OK, maybe even runs a bit faster.  But no tap on any text field results in a screen keyboard any more?

Getting platform tools working like I'm used to?
Posted by: bastafari - 09-06-2020, 06:46 PM - Forum: Android on Pinebook Pro - Replies (20)

To start I'm a complete newb. I downloaded Android tools from the store. Adb works but I have to select file transfer on the phone first otherwise adb devices doesn't list the phone and gives a permissions error. Then in order for fastboot to work I have to type $(which) fastboot. Which doesn't work exactly right because fastboot reboot recovery just rebooted the phone to the os. Additionally I couldn't find a folder for the tools though I thought it would have been /use/bin. What I normally do is keep my platform tools folder on my desktop then I drop my files I want to flash in that folder so all I would do for example is type fastboot boot twrp.img. So I saw Arch wiki had some stuff on platform tools but honestly it's above me at this point. Any pointers, easy instructions or general help I can use? Thanks.

Forgot to say, I'm on Manjaro.

External Bluetooth low energy sensors for the Pinetime
Posted by: Peter Gamma - 09-06-2020, 12:57 PM - Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories - Replies (5)

The Pinetime has a build in heart rate sensor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIo2-djNR48&t=118s

But what is the accuary of it? If it has only one or two green lights, it can deviate arount 10 percent of an ECG heart rate sensor which is the most accurate. External sensors are affordable and of much higher quality. The Polar OH1 for instance has six green lights and ECG accuracy, and costs about 80 USD.

The Stryd is the most accurate foot pod and costs about 300 USD. But the Zwift Runpod when calibrated has the accuracy of a Stryd foot pod, and is about 40 USD. Foot pods are very accurate, more accurate than GPS, and step counting from a foot pod is more accurate than from the wrist.

Why not to choose the most high quality from the beginning, when it is affordable? Both sensors can be paired over Bluetooth low energy. I don t know how to control these sensors from the Pinetime, but here you find software to control these sensors on the Pinephone:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...e+computer

compiling (large) programs on pbp
Posted by: pine76 - 09-06-2020, 08:31 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (8)

Hi there,

To my understanding, pine book pro is using battery when it needs to even if I plug in the laptop to AC. I wouldn't mind about this behavior; it is happening even if I just do web browsing; I see the battery suddenly dropping to 91% but charging while I am on AC.

However, the issue is when I try to compile heavy programs. With sagemath, it seems impossible to finish the compilation without draining the battery. I have also tried to compile a linux kernel using pbp-tools, which narrowly finished before the battery dropped below 15%. I was flipping coins and making bets whether the kernel will compile first or the battery will drain first.

My question is: Is there any way that I can compile these kind of software without concerns on draining the battery? Also, is there anything I can do to prevent pbp using battery even when I browse?

If the modem is certified with carriers, why won’t they activate SIMs?
Posted by: desca - 09-06-2020, 08:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (3)

You give a carrier or MVNO your IMEI, where the first 8 digits are a TAC that identifies the EG25-G, and the next six digits are just some sort of serial number (I think), and then a checksum digit, and rather than saying “Oh, the Quectel EG25-G! A fine piece of hardware! It’s been certified by the carrier, has a VoLTE profile, etc., so you’re all set, and enjoy your service!”, they say “Sorry, we can’t help you.” — so most people having to activate their SIMs in other phones.

What am I not understanding?

And is the situation likely to improve in some way over time, or is this just life for PinePhoners?

Unable to mount root partition PostmarketOS
Posted by: lanawwas - 09-06-2020, 07:42 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - No Replies

Hello beautiful people! 

I got the new community edition shipped with Postmarket OS, it is a nice! However, I wanted to try different OS, thus I was trying to play smart and I got myself blocked now after I deleted the partition that holds the system file for PostmarketOS, so for now I only have the partition for booting only with no OS file system. 

I read in different threads that I can start my PinePhone on recovery by connecting USB A-C cable, holding the volume up button with the power button, but this didn't work for me. 

I am now considering using Jumpdrive on an SD that I will buy, but I want to see if any of the geeks around can help me to see if this problem can be solved without getting an SD card, just by using a USB cable and computer with Linux system on it. 

The message my phone now stuck in is the logo of PostmarketOS and written under "unable to mount root partition" https://postmakretos.org/troubleshooting 

Thanks for your insights and help!

Availability of PINETAB vendors.
Posted by: Takaszi - 09-06-2020, 03:10 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTab - Replies (4)

Hello all,
As new on the forum and in your PINE world, I greet everyone. I came here looking for a Linux tablet, whatever. My attention was drawn to PINETAB - Tablet 10.1 Linux Tablet With Detachable Backlit Keyboard.
Unfortunately, I can see availability problems. Can anyone give a realistic date?
I am waiting for the opportunity to buy like gifted with ADHD   Wink .