OMEMO on Gajim or Pidgin
I'm interested in getting the OMEMO plugin to work preferably on Gajim but Pidgin will do for more secure XMPP.  I am running Fedora on PBP.  Both Gajim and Pidgin installed and work with no problems.
I couldn't get the OMEMO Gajim instructions for Fedora to work.  Enabled the philfry/gajim copr repository but neither the plugin gajim-omemo or the dependencies python3-axolotl python3-axolotl-curve25519 python3-qrcode show as available, likely because they don't conform to ARM architecture.  
I made it farther with Pidgin where there are clear instructions for Fedora.  The dependencies, cmake libpurple-devel mxml-devel libxml2-devel libsqlite3x-devel libgcrypt-devel, install well but on attempting "make install-home" I get " make: cc: Command not found " or more fully:
Code:
cc -fPIC -std=c11 -Wall -g -Wstrict-overflow -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include  -I/usr/include/libpurple -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include  -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I./headers/jabber -I./lib/libomemo/src -I./lib/axc/src -I./lib/axc/lib/libsignal-protocol-c/src -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -DPURPLE_PLUGINS -c ./src/lurch.c -o build/lurch.o
make: cc: Command not found
make: *** [Makefile:109: build/lurch.o] Error 127

So just wondering if anyone here has installed OMEMO in either app and how they did it or has some suggestions I might try.
(10-23-2020, 01:24 PM)kendew Wrote: I'm interested in getting the OMEMO plugin to work preferably on Gajim but Pidgin will do for more secure XMPP.  I am running Fedora on PBP.  Both Gajim and Pidgin installed and work with no problems.
I couldn't get the OMEMO Gajim instructions for Fedora to work.  Enabled the philfry/gajim copr repository but neither the plugin gajim-omemo or the dependencies python3-axolotl python3-axolotl-curve25519 python3-qrcode show as available, likely because they don't conform to ARM architecture.  
I made it farther with Pidgin where there are clear instructions for Fedora.  The dependencies, cmake libpurple-devel mxml-devel libxml2-devel libsqlite3x-devel libgcrypt-devel, install well but on attempting "make install-home" I get " make: cc: Command not found " or more fully:
Code:
cc -fPIC -std=c11 -Wall -g -Wstrict-overflow -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include  -I/usr/include/libpurple -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include  -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I./headers/jabber -I./lib/libomemo/src -I./lib/axc/src -I./lib/axc/lib/libsignal-protocol-c/src -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -DPURPLE_PLUGINS -c ./src/lurch.c -o build/lurch.o
make: cc: Command not found
make: *** [Makefile:109: build/lurch.o] Error 127

So just wondering if anyone here has installed OMEMO in either app and how they did it or has some suggestions I might try.

Gajim seems to have all the packages available on Manjaro for OMEMO on my PineBook Pro, but you are right it might be an issue with ARM64 packages unavailable on Fedora.

Pidgin OMEMO support via Lurch is a mess and I could never get it to work even on x86.

What about Dino? Seems to work fine here on Manjaro with OMEMO. Or you could use ConverseJS in a browser or as a stand alone package with electron.
Yes!!! I had heard of Dino but never explored it.  There is a Fedora version for ARM architecture and it comes with OMEMO by default.  I wasted so much time with Pidgin and Gajim.  Dino is so easy.   Still wondering why build the lurch plugin but this solves the problem.
Thanks for replying.
As an added thought, anyone know of a way to autostart Dino minimized to the system tray? I've been able to do that with Pidgin, though it's hardly intuitive.
I've heard devilspie2 can autostart apps in general minimized and devilspie2 is available in the Fedora repos, but haven't figured out yet how to use it.