How to rewrite uboot to emmc
I recently reflashed Manjaro 20.10 to the emmc using the manjaro flasher app, but apparently it deleted the uboot because each boot now starts with bout 15 seconds of red light (the indicator on the top left of the keyboard), rather than directly switching to green light for the boot process.

Installing the manjaro uboot package didn't change anything. How can I reflash the uboot to the emmc?

Thanks
Maybe you already know?......
In manjaro, installing uboot doesn't actually install it, the 2 (or 3) files get dumped in /boot
you have to do the dd commands yourself, sometimes, also, extlinux.conf gets changed
So, the FIRST thing you should do is make a backup of it (extlinux)
So maybe your uboot files are still the same?
(10-29-2020, 08:33 AM)wdt Wrote: Maybe you already know?......
In manjaro, installing uboot doesn't actually install it, the 2 (or 3) files get dumped in /boot
you have to do the dd commands yourself, sometimes, also, extlinux.conf gets changed
So, the FIRST thing you should do is make a backup of it (extlinux)
So maybe your uboot files are still the same?
Already know?

Is the manjaro-arm-flasher erasing the uboot installed on the emmc? How can I check that?
If it does, then I don't have a backup of the uboot. I just followed what's suggested in the manjaro release here.

If it does remove, how do I proceed with replacing them? Or can anybody kindly refer me to any relevant resource to do that? I'm not super familiar with dd/extlinux in this context

Thank you
>Is the manjaro-arm-flasher erasing the uboot installed on the emmc? How can I check that?
Probably, it is a complete image I would guess, mbr and uboot are there in 1st 16M
If/when you install bsp uboot, nothing is erased, the 1st 16M is UNCHANGED
The new uboot and idbloader (and trust - likely) are in /boot
so the usual dd commands (example simplified)
cd /boot ; su
dd if=idblo... of=/dev/whatever seek=64 (dd default bs=512B)
dd if=uboot... of=/dev/..... bs=1M seek=8 (I do a little different, easier I think)
If trust,, bsp usually has, mainline not, mainline uboot.itb has trust within
dd if=trust... of=/dev/.... bs=1M seek=12
(10-29-2020, 10:48 PM)wdt Wrote: >Is the manjaro-arm-flasher erasing the uboot installed on the emmc? How can I check that?
Probably, it is a complete image I would guess, mbr and uboot are there in 1st 16M
If/when you install bsp uboot, nothing is erased, the 1st 16M is UNCHANGED
The new uboot and idbloader (and trust - likely) are in /boot
so the usual dd commands (example simplified)
cd /boot ; su
dd if=idblo... of=/dev/whatever seek=64    (dd default bs=512B)
dd if=uboot... of=/dev/.....  bs=1M seek=8  (I do a little different, easier I think)
If trust,, bsp usually has, mainline not, mainline uboot.itb has trust within
dd if=trust...  of=/dev/....    bs=1M seek=12
Not sure about anyone else, but when I tried that it rendered my Pro unbootable.  I had to reflash the EMMC to get boot again.  After the freflash, it stilltakes a bit before the light goes green and I get boot, but at least it DOES boot.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
that's how the new uboot works. It stays red until kernel is loaded.
If you want you can revert to old bsp uboot by typing
sudo pacman -S uboot-pinebookpro-bsp
and then typing the dd commands (as su or with sudo) suggested by pacman itself

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to install Ubuntu to eMMC and to install KDE (Neon) Wizzard 66 97,645 12-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Installing Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) with BSP uBoot with deep sleep and sound Syonyk 43 52,753 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: SamWilts
Exclamation Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky) clover 51 52,098 06-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Using 2 OS images on eMMC for safe upgrades Arwen 0 2,327 06-13-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Arwen
  How to boot Manjaro from NVME with uboot on eMMC as400 47 55,719 06-07-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: as400
  Restoring the OS using the eMMC Adapter xircledev 3 6,835 02-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Thovthe
  (almost) upstream uboot/atf User 15997 27 30,458 02-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Natrox