Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,105
» Latest member: lapeltoucan
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,538

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
google will take control ...
Forum: General
Last Post: TRS-80
6 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,187
AI posts
Forum: General
6 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 970
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
7 hours ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 2,049
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: zetabeta
7 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,826
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Yesterday, 02:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 612
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Yesterday, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 161
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Yesterday, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 583
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
Yesterday, 01:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
04-24-2024, 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 48
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
04-24-2024, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 168

Best Place To Learn PostmarketOS
Posted by: mw4jet - 03-06-2021, 02:28 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (6)

I flashed PostmarketOS and found out it was bare bones, so I tried to add apps and such but it isn't easy for someone that has no clue about how 
to navigate in apk. I did get a couple installed....

Where can I go to get a tutorial or something? The phone seems to be solid, phone quality sounds a whole lot better than Mobian and it works....
Messaging works also, I need to get my contacts imported, a couple of apps for music and podcasts is all. I managed to get Gpodder and lollypop installed but
it didn't work....

Any help would be appreciated.

Headphone jack issues Manjaro
Posted by: Mangled - 03-06-2021, 02:16 PM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (2)

Hi,
Anyone know how to get sound to output from headphone jack rather then through HDMI. I messed with the alsamixer and just couldn't figure it out. Anyone have a solution?

Chat client is eating messages
Posted by: tecnocris - 03-06-2021, 10:14 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Just an FYI folks, the chat client (text messaging) cannot be trusted.

Received two messages just fine.
Responded twice. First one transmitted fine and received. Second one failed. Tried second one again and the entire app locked up and froze the phone causing me to have to pull the battery to get it to turn off. When it rebooted the entire conversation had disappeared. Call logs still remained though, so this is isolated to the chat app.

Article: Connect PineCone BL602 to LoRa Transceiver
Posted by: lupyuen - 03-06-2021, 08:18 AM - Forum: General - Replies (5)

Here's how we transmit LoRa packets over the airwaves with PineCone BL602...

Connect PineCone BL602 to LoRa Transceiver

Pine Book Pro Charging Problems
Posted by: balin - 03-06-2021, 07:55 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

Hello,

I got a PBP for the kids and we were very happy with it running Manjaro/Plasma.
Recently, however, it has started to not charge the battery reliably - it took a very specific, tape fixed angle and pressure of the charging plug to convince it to charge, so I assumed the receptacle to be broken.

Took the opportunity to order the (very nice) dock and had to realize that there's most likely a deeper problem: when connecting to the USB3 from the dock, the PBP also only charges with very specific plug positioning and what is more, I realized that it often cycles between charging/decharching as evident from a screen flickeriering between the power plug/battery default settings of KDE.

So I'm most likely looking at a loose connection somewhere in the charging infrastructure inside the PBP housing.
I'd appreciate any hints on how to proceed. Is this a know weak point? What can I replace on my own?

Thank you for any help.

Sincerely, balin

pamac in Lomiri
Posted by: Uturn - 03-06-2021, 03:49 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (4)

is it possible to install the pamac app manager in Manjaro Lomiri? I would like to have a GUI for softwares.

Is it possible to get Pinephone electronic components separately?
Posted by: DippingMyToesIn - 03-06-2021, 12:41 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (4)

I want to build a bicycle computer around a phone using the app "IP Bike", with a camera and a custom high powered LED on a rotatable mount, roughly perpendicular to the screen. The form factor / design would be almost entirely unlike a phone, but the phone's components are possibly better suited to this, compared to the available SBCs.

Is this likely to be possible? Either now or in the future?

Not charging, not detected when booting jumpdrive
Posted by: acohl - 03-05-2021, 07:49 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

Okay, so I made this thread, PinePhone replacement board won't stop vibrating, detailing how I basically cut of the vibration motor from the sideboard after it started malfunctioning with the newest version of the PinePhone boards. One thing I didn't make a post about was the fact that I ultimately couldn't flash another OS onto the eMMC because I couldn't detect the device when booting jump drive. I used multiple versions. Furthermore, the latest build of Mobian which I booted off of an sd card didn't indicate that it was charging when the phone was plugged in. And the phone wouldn't charge. 

So, I bought a new sideboard, installed it, and the same issues are still there. No light when plugged in, although, it's been about a year since my Pinephone even worked, so I'm having a hard time remembering what it does when it charges. No vibration issues, though. It's plugged in now, and it doesn't seem to have increased in battery since it was plugged in. Lsblk doesn't return anything when the phone is booted into jumpdrive. I tried this on another laptop with Ubuntu, but no dice. I've flashed the eMMC on this phone plenty of times using this exact cable, so I don't think it's that.

I also bought a replacement screen, so maybe I'll see how that goes. At that point, this is going to be the Theseus' ship of PinePhones. I really hope it manages to float, somehow, at this point. The sunken cost fallacy only stays in effect for so long.

Edit: Nope, nothing changed. I'm not sure why I thought it would. Perhaps the connector from the mainboard to the sideboard is damaged? If that's the case, I don't see any damage. The pins look fine, and the cable itself doesn't seem worn down.

The ribbon of my new sideboard snapped off, somehow, so I'll be using the old sideboard from now on.

Error when updating
Posted by: syrinx - 03-05-2021, 06:02 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (1)

It has been a while since I have updated, so I figured I would do that. Unfortunately I was unable to.
After running:
$ sudo apk upgrade
I got
1 error; 1155 MiB in 575 packages

I would really like to avoid reflashing, as I have this installation configured the way I like it and it would be a pita to do it again. Any thoughts on what could be going wrong here?

Another PBP with a case crack
Posted by: ab1jx - 03-05-2021, 11:52 AM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

https://imgur.com/a/kqq1hpP
I noticed this when it was about a year old, I see other people are getting cracks too.  I've had it open a few times, all the screws are back in it.  Dropped it a couple times but it just slid off my lap onto carpet.  Opening the lid causes the crack to open up.
[Image: kqq1hpP]