Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,081
» Latest member: vandanaruhi
» Forum threads: 15,671
» Forum posts: 114,500

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
2 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 1,669
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
Today, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 24
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
Today, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 613
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
Yesterday, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 36
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
Yesterday, 08:39 AM
» Views: 88
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 07:50 AM
» Views: 30
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 584,847
[WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: u-kidjp
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 593
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: zetabeta
04-15-2024, 04:49 AM
» Views: 83
Pinephone Pro for a Debia...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: zetabeta
04-15-2024, 03:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 129

Session fails to fully start after unexpected power off during initial upgrade
Posted by: Avron - 03-18-2021, 11:52 AM - Forum: Getting Started - No Replies

I have the mobian community edition.

I just got the phone yesterday. After I tried to update unsuccessfully from the software app, I found from mobian doc that I need to do the first update via the terminal (and using dist-upgrade) and keep the screen on to avoid been locked.

So I kept touching the screen regularly but what I did not expect is that touching near the battery icon would immediatly power off the phone.

As I tried to power it on again, after unlocking cryptsetup, the session starts but very quickly I have a graphical essage saying something went wrong and there is a button to close the session but that eventually powers the phone off. If I power on again, same result, so I am stuck.

How to fix that and start the phone again?

how to boot pinephone over USB with sunxi-fel?
Posted by: bobwidlefish - 03-18-2021, 11:49 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

Howdy friends,

I have PinePhone v1.2b hardware working fine with pmOS and Mobian, have serial console access working, and have "sunxi-fel version" showing success as well -- the phone seems to work fine, in general.

I'm trying to boot my PinePhone from USB using the FEL mode with a command like so:

Code:
sunxi-fel -v uboot u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin \
             write 0x42000000 uImage-postmarketos-allwinner \
             write 0x43000000 sun50i-a64-pinephone-1.2.dtb \
             write 0x43100000 boot.scr \
             write 0x43300000 initramfs-postmarketos-allwinner

Though I get an error regarding the u-boot image, so I tried to simplify, see as follows:
Code:
linux:~# sunxi-fel -v uboot u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
Stack pointers: sp_irq=0x00012000, sp=0x00015E08
MMU is not enabled by BROM
=> Executing the SPL... done.
Invalid U-Boot image: bad size or signature
linux:~#

Any hints?  I'm using the u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin from here:
http://mirror.postmarketos.org/postmarke...228-r0.apk

-Bob

Headphones vs Headset detection
Posted by: jmorris - 03-18-2021, 10:27 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

Got a question about how to nail down a problem.  Have nice Sony noise canceling headphones and a cheap set of regular Sony headphones.  Neither work in the Pinephone.  A set of pack-in earbuds + mic from an old phone do.  Manually flipping switches with alsamixer makes either set of the Sony headphones work.

So after much exploration it seems Pinephone only detects a headset.  The SoC has inputs for HP-DET and MIC-DET but the Pinephone schematics only show a connection to a headphone detection circuit in the physical jack.  If the diagram of the jack is right it should be detecting either type of connection.  evtest shows microphone detection when the headset is inserted but nothing on headphone insertion.

Wondering if the current kernel even looks at the HP-DET signal?  Does it instead use the button input for the MIC pin to also detect presence of a Mic? If it does, a headphone grounds the Mic signal so it should also be able to detect that case.

Debian/Mobian packaging help needed
Posted by: arno_nuehm - 03-18-2021, 10:15 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hello there,

I have some Debian packaging questions for the people here, who are more experienced with this topic than I am:

Could you have a look at the packaging files in my repo for building a Debian-conform package of Axolotl? That would be very very nice.

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-debian-packaging

The deb file can be built using the provided Makefile (with debmake and debuild) and the installation on Mobian with apt is successful.

But regarding the formalities, this is quite unknown ground for me. So feel free to give me feedback.

Cheers!

Wired headset with microphone - 3 or 4 conductor jack?
Posted by: Zebulon Walton - 03-18-2021, 10:10 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (3)

Since bluetooth audio seems to still not be working at least in Mobian I'd like to get a wired headset with microphone for now. (I just get static when pairing my bluetooth headset.) I see wired headsets come with 3.5 mm jacks that have either 3 or 4 conductors. Which works best with the Pinephone, or is either OK?

Product Idea : PineProbe
Posted by: fdlamotte - 03-18-2021, 04:15 AM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

I would love to see a mini usb scope that I could use on my pinephone !

Preferably a small probe (pen like), something like picoscope 2105 (discontinued) or bitscope 05

Problem with the latter two is that software is not opensource, they offer binaries for arm based distributions, but only in 32bits and so they won't work on pinephone

About the capabilities ? 
 - It should be able to analyze CAN/I2C/SPI so 2MHz bw at least (might be on the edge for 500k CAN) ... 
 - 1 analog and 2/4 logic ways per probe and the ability to plug a second probe to the first one to sync channels
 - usb-c 

There was a video of someone using a softscope on the pinephone, I've not found it again. Do someone have a link ?

Ugm, stuck in a loop
Posted by: dgdimick - 03-18-2021, 01:51 AM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Hit some stupid option while trying to set up Authenticater, and now when I try ti use any application that needs a shell, it pops up a window that shows a file folder and "part 1" next to it, with "OK' below it.

It's stuck in a pop-up cycle, and the only way to make it go away is to power off the phone.

a duckduckgo search didn't return a solution

Thanks,
Denis

Anbox apps listed in the launch screen
Posted by: mark1250 - 03-17-2021, 11:38 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Is there a way to stop the apps that are installed in anbox from showing up in the app launcher screen? I've deleted the .desktop files from /home/mobian/.local/share/applications/anbox directory, but they are eventually recreated.

It's confusing to have 2 Settings apps.

Thanks.

Mark

2FA Support
Posted by: publiclewdness - 03-17-2021, 10:37 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (1)

Have any Pinephone users been able to get 2FA setup on it ? If so what distro; desktop environment and app did you use ? I have had zero success on Mobian; Ubuntu Touch; Manjaro Arm and PostmarketOS.

3 Questions about jitterentropy-rngd.
Posted by: MtnSk8 - 03-17-2021, 08:58 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

After a bit of searching I still have some unanswered
questions about a seemingly overactive running process:

What is jitterentropy-rngd? 
Why does it keep a cpu core maxed out?
How would I keep it from doing that?

Any insight is helpful.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks!