Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,116
» Latest member: doddsy
» Forum threads: 15,684
» Forum posts: 114,561

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
5 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 2,160
Automatic screen rotation
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: hansen
6 hours ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 4,742
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
8 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 70
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Today, 01:52 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,958
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
emmc speed via usb?
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
» Views: 21
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Views: 37
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Views: 39
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 90

Pinephone ”reboot” or logging out by itself
Posted by: Wahtone - 05-28-2021, 09:32 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Hello 
I have a problem that  i think is software related  and not hardware related becuse  i dident notice this problem when i run Ubuntu touch.
Okej im going to try to explane, about 30-40% of the time when i lock the screen or when it lock itself when om going to wake it up again (pushing the home button) then its like the phone is dead but its starts direkt with the green led light and im back to enter the encryption key again and i when i have entered the encryption key the screen turns al black again and after 3-4 minuts i have to push the home button again and then its back to the lock screen where i just enter my pinkode(not the encryption key) and im in my phone again. And it seems like it reboot itself but it does not comes up Any  mobian logo or anything else like it usually do when i turn my phone on after i turn it off. And like i Said this happens pretty often so it little anoying to check something and try to open the lock screen and i have to wait for the phone to ”reboot” . This Does not  happenings everytime normaly i just wake it up and comes tho the lockscreen like a normal phone.Anyone else who has this issue? I run mobian Posh with full disk encryption and its the uppdatera version 3.38.5
Im sorry for bad english but i couldnt find anyting about this problem when i Google search. Om verry greatefull for answers thank u so much for this forum.

audio quality on phone
Posted by: Rainer - 05-28-2021, 09:25 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Hello, after trying manjaro-arm phosh, I decided to install mobian linux 11 bullseye and noted that the audio quality was pretty awful - lots of crackling noise and feedback!? The phosh worked best so far but the speaker volume was extremely low. Plasma-mobile was extremely echo-y and unusable.

I would like to know if this can be fixed and how to troubleshoot phone quality issues in general. In mobian when making a call, I got a pop-up with some options, mute, speaker, and one more. Will any of these settings help to get a decent sound quality on the phone. Lots of info on the mobian wiki page and quite organized so I would like to stick to this distro if possible. Thanks.

Rock64 CRUX-ARM (aarch64)
Posted by: mara - 05-27-2021, 02:22 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (1)

Source based Linux distribution CRUX-ARM adhering to ideology keep it simple, has its own package system, also supports the port system.

the image building system now supports slaсkwarearm, slarm64, crux-arm

crux-arm-3.6-aarch64-core-rock64-5.12.6-build-20210527.img.zst
crux-arm-3.6-aarch64-core-rock64-5.12.6-build-20210527.img.zst.sha256

Code:
# DDR version 1.16 20190528
ID:0x805 Y
In
LPDDR3
333MHz
Bus Width=32 Col=11 Bank=8 Row=15/15 CS=2 Die Bus-Width=32 Size=4096MB
ddrconfig:7
OUT

U-Boot SPL 2021.04-rk3328 (May 27 2021 - 20:41:34 +0300)
Trying to boot from MMC1
NOTICE:  BL31: v2.5(release):v2.5-dirty
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 20:39:09, May 27 2021
NOTICE:  BL31:Rockchip release version: v1.2

U-Boot 2021.04-rk3328 (May 27 2021 - 20:46:24 +0300)

Model: Pine64 Rock64
DRAM:  4 GiB
PMIC:  RK8050 (on=0x50, off=0x01)
MMC:   mmc@ff500000: 1, mmc@ff520000: 0
Loading Environment from MMC... *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial@ff130000
Out:   serial@ff130000
Err:   serial@ff130000
Model: Pine64 Rock64
Net:   eth0: ethernet@ff540000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1 is current device
Scanning mmc 1:1...
Found U-Boot script /boot/boot.scr
1689 bytes read in 5 ms (329.1 KiB/s)
## Executing script at 00500000
Boot script loaded from mmc 1
51 bytes read in 4 ms (11.7 KiB/s)
51717 bytes read in 9 ms (5.5 MiB/s)
28723712 bytes read in 1249 ms (21.9 MiB/s)
libfdt fdt_getprop(): FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
Failed to load '/boot/uInitrd'
Moving Image from 0x2080000 to 0x2200000, end=3e00000
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 01f00000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x1f00000
   Loading Device Tree to 00000000fcebb000, end 00000000fcf2ffff ... OK

Starting kernel ...

[    1.255013] rockchip-pinctrl pinctrl: pin gpio0-2 already requested by vcc-host-5v-regulator; cannot claim for vcc-host1-5v-regulator
[    1.255083] rockchip-pinctrl pinctrl: pin-2 (vcc-host1-5v-regulator) status -22
[    1.255117] rockchip-pinctrl pinctrl: could not request pin 2 (gpio0-2) from group usb20-host-drv  on device rockchip-pinctrl
[    1.255155] reg-fixed-voltage vcc-host1-5v-regulator: Error applying setting, reverse things back
[    3.053233] gpio-syscon ff100000.syscon:grf-gpio: can't read the data register offset!
[    3.251911] rk_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet: cannot get clock clk_mac_speed

CRUX-ARM 64b (rock64) (ttyS2)

rock64 login: root
Password:
Last login: Thu Jan 21 08:52:04 UTC 2016 on tty1
___  ___  _ _  _ _  ___  ___  ___  _____
|  _||  _|| | ||_'_||___|| .'||  _||     |
|___||_|  |___||_,_|     |__,||_|  |_|_|_|
                _    ___  ___
___  ___  ___ | |_ |  _|| | |
|  _|| . ||  _|| '_|| . ||_  |
|_|  |___||___||_,_||___|  |_|

#

Quectel EG25-G Modem Configuration - ofono - Manjaro Plasma
Posted by: mouffa - 05-27-2021, 09:24 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (5)

The modem always functions on the base of two services, the one is always eg25-manager which controls the power on/off of the device and the other one is either ofono or ModemManager, which can be controlled up to a point with `ofonoctl` and `mmcli` respectively.

Here we use ofono which is deployed by Manjaro Plasma Mobile, while other distributions like Manjaro Phosh use ModemManager.

Morover everything having to do with communications is controlled by the Telepathy framework in Plasma so here is a useful documentation book

https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------
AT Commands
For the moment we leave aside the AT commands except for the case we want to completely power off the modem with the following command

`echo at+qpwd=1 | sudo atinout - /dev/EG25.MODEM -`

`qpwd=1` means normal power down while `qpwd=0` means emergency power down, these commands start with "q" because they are Quectel specific and shouldn`t be working on other manufacturers

Flight Mode

First Method
-------------------
The modem has several operating modes, here we are interested in 3

1) Normal

`echo at+cfun=1,0 | sudo atinout - /dev/EG25.MODEM -`

2) Minimum Functionality

`echo at+cfun=0,0 | sudo atinout - /dev/EG25.MODEM -`

when you return from this mode to "Normal" you should enter the pin again

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.SimManager.EnterPin pin your_pin`

3) Airplane Mode

`echo at+cfun=4,0 | sudo atinout - /dev/EG25.MODEM -`

Second Method
------------------------

You can either disconnect the modem by stopping ofono and starting it again when needed or even cut the power completely like with the AT commands

-------------- Disconnect ----------------
`sudo systemctl stop ofono`

-------------- Reconnect --------------
`sudo systemctl start ofono`
`ofonoctl online`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.SimManager.EnterPin pin your_pin`

-------------- Turn off ---------------
`sudo systemctl stop eg25-manager`

-------------- Turn on & Connect --------------
`sudo systemctl stop ofono`
`sudo systemctl start eg25-manager`
`sudo systemctl start ofono`
`ofonoctl online`

Note that ofono affects the Bluetooth so don`t turn it off if you are using a Bluetooth connection at that moment. Ofono should be restarted so that the modem regains the `/quectelqmi_0` identity else it will be `/quectelqmi_(1,2,3....)` and the phone dialer won`t be able to make calls, you can then only trigger a call from the terminal as shown later.

Some basic operations can be performed with ofonoctl, type

`ofonoctl --help`

------------------------------------------------------------
oFono and D-Bus - Working with qdbus
------------------------------------------------------------
As every application/service ofono registers itself in DBus which can be manipulated by `qdbus`. If it is not installed open Discover and install Qt QDbusViewer.

Here we assume that the modem is not rejected by the network operator based on its IMEI so we should have Call and SMS functionality out-of-the-box for most users and we will try to configure the mobile data and the MMS.

If we command `qdbus --system` we will get a list of all the services registered in DBus, somewhere in the list we will see `org.ofono` so we issue `qdbus --system org.ofono` and we get the 2 lists for the two devices controlled by ofono, i.e. `/bluetooth` and `/quectelqmi_0`

the one thing that interests us is the contexts, you should see at least 1 entry `/quectelqmi_0/context1`

in fact we will need one for the internet and one for the MMS, so we should create one more context

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1`

will show us all the possible actions that can be performed on the given context, so we will configure it for mobile data

now we inspect the context with the `GetProperties` method which takes no arguments since the parenthesis is empty, so we issue

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.GetProperties`

here we need to set up the `AccessPointName` and the `AuthenticationMethod` to `none`, the `Name` can be set to anything you like , `Type` should already be `internet` and the `Protocol` should be `ip`. The Access Point Name (APN) is provided by your operator so search the operator`s website, let`s assume it is `internet.apn.com`

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.SetProperty Name Internet`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.SetProperty AccessPointName internet.apn.com`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.SetProperty AuthenticationMethod none`

now try to enable and disable the mobile data from drop down menu 2 times and the context should be activated giving you access to the internet, if not, reboot the phone and try again to enable and disable the mobile data 2 times.

If the context is enabled you should see a tick in the `Active` box by going to `Settings > Cellular Networks > Access Points` or else you issue again

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context1 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.GetProperties`

and you will see `Active: true` plus some new entries like `DNS`, `IP address` etc with their respective values, the NetworkManager should automatically configure the `wwan0` interface which represents the Quectel modem.

Another way to inspect the connection is with `ofonoctl wan`, the table should be filled with all the appropriate values and not be empty.

--------------  MMS Configuration - Not Tested --------------

For the MMS you should create a new context of MMS type, and then you have to configure the `MessageCenter` and `MessageProxy` values according to your operator

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.AddContext mms`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context2 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.SetProperty MessageCenter operators_Message_Center`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context2 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.SetProperty MessageProxy operators_Message_Proxy`

you may need to set up other parametres too so follow your operator`s instructions

try again to reboot your phone and check that the context is activated

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.ConnectionManager.GetContexts`
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0/context2 org.ofono.ConnectionContext.GetProperties`

Full Set of Quectel D-Bus commands

The full set of commands that can be sent to the modem by ofono are listed with the following command though here we have formatted the text to be readable, it naturally appears as a dense list.

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0`

Some interesting command examples are shown

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.Modem.GetProperties`

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.GetServingCellInformation`

`qdbus --system org.ofono /quectelqmi_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.GetProperties`

-------------- Making a call --------------
`qdbus --system org.ofono /quecteqmi_0 org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.Dial call_number "" `

the quotation marks at the end stand for the second argument which is blank, after issuing the command the plasmaphonedialer should automatically pop up calling to the given number

-------------------------------------------------
Introspect
method QString org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect()

Modem
signal void org.ofono.Modem.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method QVariantMap org.ofono.Modem.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.Modem.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)

Voice Call Manager
signal void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.BarringActive(QString type)
signal void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.CallAdded(QDBusObjectPath path, QVariantMap properties)
signal void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.CallRemoved(QDBusObjectPath path)
signal void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.Forwarded(QString type)
signal void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method QList<QDBusObjectPath> org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.CreateMultiparty()
method QDBusObjectPath org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.Dial(QString number, QString hide_callerid)
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.DialLast()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.DialMemory(uint memory_location)
method {D-Bus type "a(oa{sv})"} org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.GetCalls()
method QVariantMap org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.HangupAll()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.HangupMultiparty()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.HoldAndAnswer()
method QList<QDBusObjectPath> org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.PrivateChat(QDBusObjectPath call)
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.ReleaseAndAnswer()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.ReleaseAndSwap()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.SendTones(QString SendTones)
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.SwapCalls()
method void org.ofono.VoiceCallManager.Transfer()

Sim Manager
signal void org.ofono.SimManager.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method void org.ofono.SimManager.ChangePin(QString type, QString oldpin, QString newpin)
method void org.ofono.SimManager.EnterPin(QString type, QString pin)
method QByteArray org.ofono.SimManager.GetIcon(uchar id)
method QVariantMap org.ofono.SimManager.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.SimManager.LockPin(QString type, QString pin)
method void org.ofono.SimManager.ResetPin(QString type, QString puk, QString newpin)
method void org.ofono.SimManager.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)
method void org.ofono.SimManager.UnlockPin(QString type, QString pin)

Allowed APNs
method QStringList org.ofono.AllowedAccessPoints.GetAllowedAccessPoints()

Message Waiting
signal void org.ofono.MessageWaiting.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method QVariantMap org.ofono.MessageWaiting.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.MessageWaiting.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)

Supplementary Services
signal void org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.NotificationReceived(QString message)
signal void org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
signal void org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.RequestReceived(QString message)
method void org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.Cancel()
method QVariantMap org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.GetProperties()
method QString org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.Initiate(QString command, QDBusVariant& value)
method QString org.ofono.SupplementaryServices.Respond(QString reply)

Network Monitor
method {D-Bus type "a(a{sv})"} org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.GetNeighbouringCellInformation()
method QVariantMap org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.GetServingCellInformation()
method void org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.RegisterAgent(QDBusObjectPath path, uint period)
method void org.ofono.NetworkMonitor.UnregisterAgent(QDBusObjectPath agent)

Connection Manager
signal void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.ContextAdded(QDBusObjectPath path, QVariantMap properties)
signal void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.ContextRemoved(QDBusObjectPath path)
signal void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method QDBusObjectPath org.ofono.ConnectionManager.AddContext(QString type)
method void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.DeactivateAll()
method {D-Bus type "a(oa{sv})"} org.ofono.ConnectionManager.GetContexts()
method QVariantMap org.ofono.ConnectionManager.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.RemoveContext(QDBusObjectPath path)
method void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.ResetContexts()
method void org.ofono.ConnectionManager.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)

Radio Settings
signal void org.ofono.RadioSettings.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method QVariantMap org.ofono.RadioSettings.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.RadioSettings.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)

Network Registration
signal void org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method {D-Bus type "a(oa{sv})"} org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.GetOperators()
method QVariantMap org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.Register()
method {D-Bus type "a(oa{sv})"} org.ofono.NetworkRegistration.Scan()

Message Manager
signal void org.ofono.MessageManager.ImmediateMessage(QString message, QVariantMap info)
signal void org.ofono.MessageManager.IncomingMessage(QString message, QVariantMap info)
signal void org.ofono.MessageManager.MessageAdded(QDBusObjectPath path, QVariantMap properties)
signal void org.ofono.MessageManager.MessageRemoved(QDBusObjectPath path)
signal void org.ofono.MessageManager.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method {D-Bus type "a(oa{sv})"} org.ofono.MessageManager.GetMessages()
method QVariantMap org.ofono.MessageManager.GetProperties()
method QDBusObjectPath org.ofono.MessageManager.SendMessage(QString to, QString text)
method void org.ofono.MessageManager.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)

Push Notification
method void org.ofono.PushNotification.RegisterAgent(QDBusObjectPath path)
method void org.ofono.PushNotification.UnregisterAgent(QDBusObjectPath path)

Smart Messaging
method void org.ofono.SmartMessaging.RegisterAgent(QDBusObjectPath path)
method QDBusObjectPath org.ofono.SmartMessaging.SendAppointment(QString to, QByteArray appointment)
method QDBusObjectPath org.ofono.SmartMessaging.SendBusinessCard(QString to, QByteArray card)
method void org.ofono.SmartMessaging.UnregisterAgent(QDBusObjectPath path)

Long Term Evolution (LTE)
signal void org.ofono.LongTermEvolution.PropertyChanged(QString name, QDBusVariant value)
method QVariantMap org.ofono.LongTermEvolution.GetProperties()
method void org.ofono.LongTermEvolution.SetProperty(QString property, QDBusVariant value)

tor
Posted by: rvh - 05-27-2021, 09:11 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I have tor downloaded and extracted but it won't open what should I do? I have the latest version from tor web site.

SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play]
Posted by: streak - 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - No Replies

hiya

i modified a svkbd with new layout especially for dosbox playing. Heres what it looks like now

Some downsides of svkbd:
- no multitouch - either you walk or shot Smile
- shifts/alts/ctrls - are in on/off state mode. So its not well fitted to play with games that use these keys [eg: pinball fantasies with shifts]
- no easy way to implement diagonals (arrows)

but.. some games even with that setup will be perfectly playable: [Heartlight (freeware), TetrisQueen (freeware).. etc..]
tell me what you think.

[Image: cda947912fe40d5e9ccddfbeeb1aad94.jpg]

How does calls work in debian?
Posted by: temp0rary - 05-27-2021, 08:38 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Calls and sms/mms works in plasma, manjaro.. Quite good! Is it not the same on debian at all? I would prefer debian, and will use it when it becomes good enough.

Article: Simulate PineCone BL602 with WebAssembly, uLisp and Blockly
Posted by: lupyuen - 05-27-2021, 07:37 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

Is it possible to simulate PineCone BL602 with WebAssembly... So that we can drag-and-drop Blockly uLisp apps and preview them in the Web Browser? Let's explore...

Simulate RISC-V BL602 with WebAssembly, uLisp and Blockly

How to close app when using dock/mouse/keyboard/ext display?
Posted by: alx27 - 05-27-2021, 06:09 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

Phone gesture (press and hold, then swipe up) doesn't seem to work with the mouse and external display.

How much Watt has the USB-C Docking Bar?
Posted by: langfingaz - 05-27-2021, 05:35 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

I have the PinePhone Manjaro Community Edition with the USB-C Docking Bar.

In the Pine store I did not find any information about the maximum Watts that can be delivered through the docking bar.

Some other docking bars sold (e.g. one from Anker) have a rating, such as 65W PD. Does anyone know this value of the Pine docking bar?

The USB-C dock is often attached to my laptop which can be charged via USB-C PD, ideally with 90W. I'm am planning to get a 90W or 100W PD charger and am curios if that would allow me to charge my laptop through the pine USB-C dock.

Thanks for any help Smile