Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,032
» Latest member: apache
» Forum threads: 15,651
» Forum posts: 114,406

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bes2600 driver
Forum: PineTab Hardware
Last Post: diederik
2 hours ago
» Replies: 53
» Views: 11,830
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
Yesterday, 08:51 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,024
Right hand mouse click on...
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: oiyounutter
Yesterday, 05:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
PineTab2 corrupted EMMC
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: oiyounutter
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 854
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: mara
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
» Views: 22
PinePhone only turns on s...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: zvavybir
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 83
Reboot ending with INFINI...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: plainsman
03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
» Views: 45
irradium (based on crux l...
Forum: Linux on RockPro64
Last Post: mara
03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
signal for pinefon
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pavlos1
03-25-2024, 09:25 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 129
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1,514

Recently started getting a lot of double letter input when typing.
Posted by: tyerod - 05-21-2021, 06:20 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (6)

I am running Manjaro with Xfce. I try to update at least every two weeks. A few weeks ago I noticed I started getting quiet a bit of double letter errors when typing. The letter I notice this happening with the most is n but other letters will double up as well. I don't think it is from me pausing while typing. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Originally I thought it may have been something with one of the updates but I am wondering if it may be keyboard related.

PineTalk episode 9: Eventful no. 9
Posted by: Luke - 05-21-2021, 05:41 PM - Forum: Community and Events - No Replies

New episode of PineTalk is out!

Have a listen

Can't start Manjaro from eMMC
Posted by: Gon - 05-21-2021, 02:52 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hi all,

I've just purchased my Pinephone with Manjaro installed on it by default. Later I flashed my SD card with Mobian Phosh so I can start Mobian now by default.

But, is there any way to choose the operative system I want when I turn on my Pinephone? Or, what can I do to start Manjaro again?

Thanks for answering.

It has begun x_x first Windows-esque inconsistency in Manjaro :'D
Posted by: QuinTeknoLife - 05-21-2021, 10:52 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

[Image: UGdpp3B.png]

Lmao I'd almost start fearing for an incoming BSOD if this situation occurs on Winblows Tongue

Swipes hardly recognized, is there a way to test touchscreen?
Posted by: Goffi - 05-21-2021, 08:38 AM - Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories - Replies (4)

Hi there,

I've just received my pinetime (sealed), and it's a neat device but it seems that the swipe is not recognized correctly. It's really difficult to change app, and when I'm launching the "paint game", it's unusable (pixel seems randomly printed). I can click buttons though, so the touch screen is more or less working. I've updated to infinitine 1.0 including boot and recovery following wiki instruction.

Is there an app/way to check if swipes are recognized correctly? Is there a way to calibrate or fix it somehow?

I've also tried to install wasp-os 0.4 (it's super neat to have a micropython console to your watch, great potential!), and I've tried snake to check the screen, it's absolutely impossible to play: I can't go down, and it's really hard to make it move in any of the other 3 directions. Is it working correctly for people here? If so, I'm afraid that my device has an hardware issue.

Thanks

Shorted New Pinecil - Help please
Posted by: daforshaw - 05-21-2021, 07:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (1)

Hi Guys,

hands up, my fault.

In my haste to check my new Pinecil was working, and as cool as seen on You Tube. I quickly hooked up my bench supply, via a barrel connector with alligator clips, and powered it up.

Wasn't supposed to be on long, just a quick test... Long story short alligator clip slipped and... spark...

Didn't kill it. But decided to put it away until my new power supply 65W USB arrived, and a new USB C to USB C lead.

Powered up, but only in one orientation of the USB lead connection, and only on 9V...

Suspected lead at first, but testing on my son's charger and lead showed his Pinecil working fine on both chargers and both leads.. 20V negotiated no problem.

However, it also transpired that 12V 1.5A seems to work when in a different socket of the charger. Still lead would only work one way up.

Opened it up, everything seems OK, but apparent issue around C2 and CC2 connection on FUSB320MPX.

Which explained the lead only connecting in one orientation, and lead us to suspect the FUSB320.

Ordered up a new FUSB320 chip and some 220pF capacitors, and my son swapped them out with his SMD stuff...

Bitter sweet result, leads now connect in both orientations. But, will still only negotiate at 9V 3A, and 12V 1.5A. on the chargers.

Does anyone here have enough experience of the FUSB320 and or the Pencil to help identify what might be preventing the proper negotiation of the Pinecil...

Is there a hidden fuse?
would re-flashing fix it...?

It (touch wood) still works, heats up display is fine, but doesn't negotiate the power connection 'fully'....

Thanks for any help.

Is fabtolab.com trustable
Posted by: User 22386 - 05-21-2021, 01:48 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - Replies (1)

I am interested in trying to get a PineTime DevKit but sadly the official website doesn't ship to India another website says that they do it is fabtolab.com .

Are they trustable?

3D-Printable Button Pegs for the ROCK64 Aluminium Case
Posted by: CounterPillow - 05-20-2021, 06:54 PM - Forum: Rock64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (2)

As you may know, the ROCK64 Aluminium case does not allow you to press buttons without the use of some utensil to stick into the hole. After having heard of a different user who superglued some plastic pegs to the buttons of his ROCK64, I became inspired to make my own version, which is glueless and just has the plastic pegs sit in the holes, held in by a lip that keeps them inside.

[Image: ROCK64%20Aluminum%20Casing%20Plastic%20P...Photo.jpeg]

The pegs are 3D printed from PLA using a 0.25mm nozzle on a Prusa i3 MK3, though larger nozzles and other printers should work as well. You can download the STL and STEP files from the wiki here: Download .zip

[Image: button_peg_cad.png]

Installation is simple, to quote from the wiki:

Quote:To use the pegs, open your case and remove the ROCK64 from within. Be sure to pull out the light guide and rubber plug to remove it, or else it will catch on them. Once it is removed, turn your bottom half of the case such that the holes for PWR and RST are pointing towards the floor, and drop the pegs into the holes from inside the case, so that the lip prevents them from falling through. Hold them in position with your finger, turn the case the right side up again, and reinstall your ROCK64.

I just wanted to share this on the forums. It was a quick bit of CAD and trial-and-error to get a size that feels right, but I'm quite happy with the result.

IR reciever in socket from A64+ to Pinephone?
Posted by: Daniel972 - 05-20-2021, 06:05 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

Hi. Pine64 still sells the IR receiver with remote
for the A64 SBCs. Sorry for sounding nooby.
I bought the phone from Pine64 to learn all 
these new things about tech .
Q:
How much would one have to modify a
Pinephone mainboard to return the IR socket
that exist on the A64 boards?
https://forum.pine64.org/attachment.php?aid=432

Pinephone64 ring volume is very low
Posted by: mudflap - 05-20-2021, 01:56 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

Hi guys/gals - 
I used to be able to hear my phone ring, but since the last update a few days ago (Plasma Mobile) - or maybe I messed it up - I can barely hear it ring. I tried to adjust the volume by overclocking it, but it doesn't seem to do much beyond distort the (still very quiet) ring. wife gonna be mad at me if I keep missing her calls, lol.....

Also, unrelated - is speakerphone mode supposed to work yet? 

Thank you in advance!