Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,116
» Latest member: doddsy
» Forum threads: 15,684
» Forum posts: 114,561

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
5 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 2,160
Automatic screen rotation
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: hansen
7 hours ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 4,743
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 70
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Today, 01:52 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,958
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
emmc speed via usb?
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
» Views: 21
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Views: 37
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Views: 39
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 90

Pinebook Pro Docking Deck Ethernet Port
Posted by: MickTheGeek - 05-23-2021, 03:24 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Good day everyone. 

I'm in need of some assistance.  I have my pinebook pro attached to the Pine 64 docking deck and having some trouble with the deck's ethernet port.  I have USB-C power going into the docking deck along with an external HDMI monitor plugged into the HDMI port. I then have the deck's ethernet port connected to my network switch.  The problem i'm haviing is that when I power up the pinebook pro, the ethernet port doesn't activate and connect to my network.  This happens more time then not.  Once in awhile it will connect on power up, but mostly I will put the pinebook to sleep and then wake it up and then the ethernet port will activate.  Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks.

/Mike

Allwinner the only SBC with permanent uSD boot?
Posted by: Daniel972 - 05-22-2021, 10:33 PM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

Are the Allwinner SOCs unique in persisting default boot from SD cards
 or are there SOCs from other manufacturers with similar features?

Howto: Create Encrypted Volume Inside Video File (Zulucrypt)
Posted by: RTP - 05-22-2021, 05:35 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

Thought this video could be of interest to the forum, demonstrating something interesting you can do on your Pinephone (using a well known encryption front end called Zulucrypt).

Luks encryption is a standard on Linux. However did you know if your phone is hacked or stolen while powered on/unlocked, that data becomes retrievable by potential thieves?

Howto: create a hidden encrypted volume inside a video file. Allowing you to store especially sensitive files/data such as for example:
cryptocurrency keys, banking information, journalist notes/source information, and anything else that needs to stay encrypted/discreet (most of the time).

Anytime you unlock this encrypted volume inside a video file, that volume acts as a normal block device: you can read it, write to it etc. Unmounting locks the hidden volume back into a video file.

Video: https://youtu.be/87yg8peq3kw

vivaldi only uses half the screen for website display
Posted by: motox6 - 05-22-2021, 03:49 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

I gave vivaldi a try.  it seems reasonably responsive.
However it displays web pages only using the left half the screen.  The right side is some sort of what looks to be a vivaldi supplied background image.

vivaldi itself, its menus, and such all seem properly placed, but when I visit a web page it only populates the left half of the display area.  The scroll bar is basically in the middle.

Left / right scroll works but only within the 1/2 screen.

Also, the exit dialog pops up a confirmation model and the okay button is off the screen.

Switching the phone vertical to horizontal orientation and back fixes the screen layout and allows one to get to the exit button  also.

Default SMS app send button off screen in vertical orientation
Posted by: motox6 - 05-22-2021, 02:55 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

I went into the default chat app and was surprised to find the send button for the text message off the screen to the right.

Switching the phone to horizontal gave me access to the button.

Can't update OS Mobian Phosh
Posted by: Gon - 05-22-2021, 02:39 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Hi all,

I've just installed Mobian Phosh on my Pinephone flashing it on my SD card. I find it incredibly useful, fast and easy to use, but waiting for improves to come.

I find a problem now when I try to update the Operative system or when I try to install any other software. I can't do it because, as it notifies me, executing dpkg was interrupted, and I have to execute it manually "dpkg --configure -a" to fix the problem.

The other problem I have, is that I can't find terminal to try to fix that, and I can't install it because of the same issue.

Thanks a lot for helping me,

Gon.

Terminal/bash suddenly stops inputting characters?
Posted by: Rainer - 05-22-2021, 12:46 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello,

I have an up to date manjaro-arm plasma-mobile system and even pre the latest update when I open the terminal all goes well for a while inputting characters to bash then i will suddenly see my input in the 'auto-complete'(?) top part of the virtual keyboard? Pressing enter will still run the commands sometimes but soon no characters are input anywhere, bash, or the auto-complete section. Closing the terminal from the gui and starting it again solves the problem temporarily until the cycle repeats. Also is there any way to run the terminal in landscape mode and increase the font size? Thanks.

WPA3
Posted by: guenther - 05-22-2021, 12:22 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Hi folks!

Has anyone who uses mobian tried to connect to a wifi access point with WPA3 (SAE) enabled? My PineTab cannot connect, although "WPA3 personal" is set in the network manager. "WPA2/WPA3 mixed mode" works fine...

How to turn off charging when PP is connected via USB?
Posted by: Lada - 05-22-2021, 09:58 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (2)

If I have a PP connected to a weakly charged laptop, it would be useful to turn off the charging of PP batteries while maintaining data transfer. How to do it?

Some little things to help Fedora users
Posted by: ccunix - 05-22-2021, 06:32 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

Hi all

I'm running Fedora on my PBP and a few things I like are not packaged for ARM64 so I have started doing it myself.

I do not like Fedora's default font settings, so I use the `dawid/better_fonts` Copr. I also like to use Hack as my terminal font and neomutt for my mail. None of the were packaged for arm64, so here are some coprs that do:

I will maintain them on a best-effort basis for my own benefit, but I hope someone else finds them useful. I'll be adding more as I need to.