Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,116
» Latest member: doddsy
» Forum threads: 15,684
» Forum posts: 114,562

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Automatic screen rotation
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: frtodd
1 hour ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4,747
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
7 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 2,163
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 72
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
Today, 01:52 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,959
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
emmc speed via usb?
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: joe1
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
» Views: 21
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Views: 37
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Views: 39
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 90

Phosh beta 10, no send button on Chatty?
Posted by: Rainer - 05-24-2021, 08:17 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - No Replies

Hello, just installed the phosh beta 10 for pinephone and the default sms (chatty?) doesn’t show the green send button! I can see it when I minimize. It is off screen to the right in full screen mode and there doesn’t seem to be an auto-rotate. Is there any solution or keybaord shortcut to send? Very frustrating. Thanks.

just changed the display in settings to 100% and i was able to send but the font is so small to be practically illegible.

after noodling with the display resolution, auto-rotate, and using the keyboard in terminal mode, the send button is in the right place again.

PinePhone v1.2a 3GB/32GB for sale, in EU can shipp
Posted by: GreenThing - 05-24-2021, 05:47 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

Hi, I dont use my PinePhone as much as I'd like to and its better to have it in the hands of someone that would.

I ordered it with the usb-c dongle that I would very much like to keep, besided that I have a the specific screen protector, one transparant and one black tpu case, with an extra blank back cover.

The device it self is an v1.2a convergence with 3GB ram and 32GB storage, it came with PMOS installed on it, havent changed the installed os but tried out others on sd-cards.

I'm looking to sell it for 100 euro + cost of shipping (or something else?).

I'm located in Skåne, Sweden and I can meet up or drop it of, after having a chat about it.

Send me a PM

Question GPIO
Posted by: jack1 - 05-23-2021, 08:18 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (2)

Why there is no documentation of the soc gpio ? And how to play with it. I know that one can do huge damages playing with it, but still there should be!

Pine 64 Pinepower PowerSupply "fault"
Posted by: Lordere - 05-23-2021, 02:15 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - No Replies

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to inquire about my issue about this product fault, but recently I've purchased along the PinePhone the aforementioned Powersupply which seems to show some lack of QC.

So I gently opened the Powersupply up out of curiosity to check the internals and making sure the Solder Joints were good, I noticed something blown/broken near the capacitors of the Unit (and bit of rust on one pin and excess glue on the Mainboard) .
I can't identify what the F1 label meant in regards to the component which looks like a fuse (cfr. pic below), so I wanted to know If someone could tell me where I could get a replacement for that part or schematics for this unit?

Also the unit is itself  still working, but I don't know if it's something expected to have when buyng a new unit.

Thanks in advance

imgur.com/a/VImNdFQ
[Image: VImNdFQ]

Could pulseaudio be replaced with pipewire?
Posted by: LibrePhoneUser - 05-23-2021, 11:19 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

On Debian Bullseye, pipewire can already be installed and configured as a drop-in replacement for pulseaudio. I have done this on my laptop and I appreciate the ease of configuring pipewire for high-quality Bluetooth audio (LDAC).

Unfortunately, on Mobian the pulseaudio-module-bluetooth package – which must be removed in order to use pipewire as a drop-in replacement for pulseaudio – is a hardcoded dependency for all of the various PinePhone-specific packages. Is this really necessary, or is it worth filing a bug on Mobian's tracker to make also pipewire capable of fulfilling this dependency?

Advice on building a simple computer…
Posted by: SeeMossRun - 05-23-2021, 10:51 AM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

Hello Pine64 community!

Can some of you please suggest a website and/or book for building a laptop or tower from scratch?

Mini-thanks

Error Log has a few scetchy things. Manjaro Xfce
Posted by: SpaceLord - 05-23-2021, 10:49 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

Hey yall!, so im running the latest Manjaro Xfce on an sd card, i have tried a few distros, all have had the same errors, so im now here seeking help after scouring the fourms dident do the trick.

Code:
May 10 17:19:08 sunnyvale kernel: OF: graph: no port node found in /i2c@ff3d0000/fusb30x@22
May 10 17:19:08 sunnyvale kernel: mmc1: tuning execution failed: -5
May 10 17:19:08 sunnyvale kernel: rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: PCIe link training gen1 timeout!
May 10 17:19:08 sunnyvale kernel: rockchip-dp ff970000.edp: no DP phy configured

Anyone got some info that might help me out?
i know that
#1 is the usb c port, it seems to be working, although i don't  have a monitor to find out.
#2 this i think is the sd card ports timer being off or something along those lines.
#3 im guessing its the pcie,  but i dont have a harddrive in this bad boy quite yet
#4 another guess that this is display port related

If anyone has any insight please get back to me <3

Selling Pinephone 2Gb RAM/ 16GB eMMC
Posted by: Merk - 05-23-2021, 10:12 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

Hello,

Up for sale is a Pinephone 2GB Ram /16GB eMMC

It is in mint condition.

$140 OBO shipped (USA)

I will ship international at buyers expense.

I accept paypal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

getting new OS versions
Posted by: D4rkh0rs3 - 05-23-2021, 10:00 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

PinePhone, brand new, manjaro, phosh, unstable.

Beta10 is out.

cat /etc/manjaro-arm-version
pinephone - phosh - beta8

scratched head, switched to unstable, updated mirrors using:
pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 
did packman -Syyu

above version file didn't change.

Did I screw something up or is version file lying to me?

(new to manjaro, 30 years of unix CLI you can use big words)

Newer Allwinner SOC with Sodimm plugin plans?
Posted by: Daniel972 - 05-23-2021, 05:10 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (1)

I browsed Allwinners homepage and there seems to be new 4GB alternatives to A64 still with 32 bit memory addressing. Any development towards fitting one of these  (4GB RAM is much more than 2, and power consumption seems to be going downwards ) to the A64 sopine baseboard? 

Also would be cool to participate in work with a more mature SOC for implementing automotive security features towards smart devices,
(IE Pinephone 1.0) in regards to financial integrity and privacy regarding personal health applications.