Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,165
» Latest member: BarberRalf
» Forum threads: 15,703
» Forum posts: 114,649

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: tllim
1 hour ago
» Replies: 76
» Views: 169,899
Accessory request: desold...
Forum: Pinecil Hardware and Accessories
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 346
Updated Physical Keyboard...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 187
atinout binaries for mobi...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Gumur
3 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 80
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: alaraajavamma
3 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 212
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 323
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
4 hours ago
» Views: 162
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
4 hours ago
» Views: 147
Swimming/water resistance
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: adazem009
4 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6,422
Android ( Stock or TV ver...
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: tophneal
5 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 6,406

UK Pinebook Pro for sale (UK buyers only, 64GB, eMMC reader, NVME add-on)
Posted by: Z0rua - 06-01-2021, 12:51 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

Hello. I have a Pinebook Pro listed on eBay and I thought it might gain some traction if I post here. I was going to use it for making notes at university, in lectures. However, due to COVID everything has been online, so I haven't used it in months as I have a better specced PC. 

PBP specs are as follows:

• UK keyboard layout
  • 64GB eMMC
  • NVME add-on board
  • European charger
  • USB eMMC reader/writer
UK buyers only. Listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinebook-Pro-...4017998705

If this post violates any rules, or if the pricing could be adjusted, please let me know! Thank you!

sms app is outside of screen cant send sms right now.. quick fix?
Posted by: temp0rary - 06-01-2021, 12:28 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hi. i can't send sms right now..the app is too far right outside of the screen, how can i fix it quick? Need to send a text! thanks!

How do i fix popups, buttons that are outside of the screen sometimes? I love the phone.. But i need to come up with a universal solution to this. An universal solution so all apps fit the phone screen maybe? Thanks

i searched:
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...ale-to-fit

What's the scale-to-fit???

5 of 5 Points, fully optimized ? I would say 4 out of 5? Because of the scale..
Edit: I fixed not seeing the button with unlocking the screen rotation and rotating the picture.

Replacing the Keyboard
Posted by: gabb - 06-01-2021, 11:26 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (6)

Some of the keys on my Pinebook Pro keyboard no longer register any input (after a heavy object fell on them). Apart from that inconvenience, the device works perfectly. I therefore plan to purchase a replacement keyboard (https://pine64.com/product/pinebook-pro-...-keyboard/) and to assemble the other components on it.

My questions are as follows:

- What equipment do I need for the dis/reassembly? I own a screwdriver set and have verified that I can take off the bottom case and loosen any screw fixing the internal components (mainboard, battery, ...). Do I need anything else?

- Am I right in assuming that I can remove the internal components one-by-one, and then reassemble them in reverse order (to the one when removing) on the new keyboard?

- Is there anything I should take special care of or watch out for?

- Are there any guides on changing the keyboard of the Pinebook Pro? A DDG/Google search has produced no (useful) results.

Many in thanks in advance,
gabb

Anyone have bluetooth headset working (for phone)?
Posted by: TRS-80 - 06-01-2021, 08:45 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (21)

I tried to get some cheap phone headset[0] working with my PinePhone recently, to no avail.  It seemed to pair (I think?) but I could neither hear nor talk through it.  This was on fairly recent version of Mobian.

Do I need to switch OS?

Or maybe this headset[0] is not supported in Linux for some reason (maybe I should try device on another Linux box, or try different headset?)?

Or maybe I was just doing something wrong?  I played with quite a few settings, to no avail so far.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

[0] Headset is a Road King model 920.

Update problems
Posted by: FutureBucket - 06-01-2021, 07:20 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - Replies (2)

Edit: my bad guys, I found the issue: https://github.com/JF002/InfiniTime/issues/374 I'm going to leave the post here for other who are like me and will come here first.

I got my sealed pinetime awhile ago and I'm wondering if anyone has the same problem and was able to fix it.

I believe it came with InfiniTime v.1.0 and I found and updated using the dfu zip from here. https://github.com/JF002/InfiniTime/releases/tag/1.1.0

The first time it failed, it lost the connection to the watch and everything seemed fine so I tried a second time. This worked without issue and I was on v1.1. Then 3 days later I noticed that the watch wouldn't connect to my android phone with Gadgebridge v0.57.0 from F-Droid. I held the only button and the watch rebooted. Upon reboot the watch booted with v1.0.

Now no matter what I do I cant get the update to work, it just says "Element cannot be installed". I've deleted the Gadgebridge app and tried again, rebooted the watch phone, tried plugged in, not plugged in, etc.

I waited for the pineTime to be "released" so I could be an end user so I don't really want to open it up or solder anything, though I'm willing to. Do you guys have any further suggestions as to what I can do to get back on v1.1?

Thanks!

SimCard on second Boot not detected
Posted by: OhneZ - 06-01-2021, 06:47 AM - Forum: SailfishOS on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Hello,
I wanted to try the OS and I am positively surprised how well it runs.
Unfortunately, my sim card was only recognized on the 1st boot.
Mobile data, SMS and calls went smoothly.
On the 2nd reboot, the sim card was no longer recognized.
However, it still works. Tested in another smartphone.
How to get the problem solved ?
My version is 4.0.1.48.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Greetings
Steffen

Tidying the forum
Posted by: Luke - 06-01-2021, 03:27 AM - Forum: Community and Events - No Replies

Last week I asked @"Aberts10" to do a bit of cleaning on the forum. Threads that haven't seen activity prior to January 2021 have been locked to prevent "necro-posting". Content of the threads is still available, of course. 

Stickied threads have also been reviewed to make sure they're still relevant.

If you have any suggestions, or think we've missed something during the clean-up, please let us know. 

Help! My PBP suddenly blacks out completely out of nowhere
Posted by: fxk8y - 06-01-2021, 01:50 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (6)

Hello,

I have a big problem... Soon we switch from HomeOffice to presence teaching at my professional school and I need a working PBP there. All my past notes live inside Xournal files and I'm very bad at using pens, so I completely relied on my PBP in school.

Since a few weeks, I randomly encounter the following problem:
Out of sudden, mostly when moving the PBP gently the screen blacks out instantaneously, only the backlight stays on. The only thing I may do then is to turn it off via holding the power key.

It isn't just the screen, as I was hearing music lately and it blacked out, the music stopped too and 2 seconds from there my bluetooth headphones played there "disconnected" tts voice.
I also looked at journalctl, but there are no traces of whatsoever. Thinking it may be a loose eMMC or the latest kernel upgrade I grabbed a fresh manjaro image, dd'ed it onto an µSD card and booted from that. It didn't even took me 10mins while configuring the new system to hit the black-out problem :/
Looking inside, nothing seems to be odd, I checked all the connectors, replugged them but that dind't change anything.

Now I'm "at the end of my latin" how you would sometimes say in germany. I don't know what to do now and I didn't find any other mentions of such a problem here or via google. So i may ask: Has anyone any idea how I can fix this, debug this or where to look for further help?

Kind regards,
Jochen

I have two different versions of Chromium on my Pro!
Posted by: Nobot - 05-31-2021, 11:35 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) Arch Linux ARM (64-bit)

Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)

I want to remove the snap version from my Pinebook Pro. Is this possible?

ANSI pinebook pro for sale (sold)
Posted by: andy046 - 05-31-2021, 05:50 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

Hello,
I have a ANSI Pinebook Pro I’d like to sell.  I love the computer, but I’d rather go back to linux on Intel for software reasons.  This laptop has been lightly used… see pictures in the post below.  It will come with the 2 meter power cable and a 5v/3amp charger.

I’m asking $180, and I will pay the shipping within the US. I plan to use UPS to ship. I'm open to globally shipping, but that would probably be an extra charge (don't yet know anything about shipping globally).

Feel free to private message with any questions.

Thanks,
Andy

Edited price to $180. I’d rather the pbp go to someone in this awesome community, rather than listing elsewhere.