Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,086
» Latest member: lonewolf64
» Forum threads: 15,672
» Forum posts: 114,507

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: conifera
Less than 1 minute ago
» Replies: 23
» Views: 1,740
Install Tow-Boot on the S...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: alchemist
4 hours ago
» Replies: 13
» Views: 7,958
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pelecanus
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 40
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 39
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
Yesterday, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 617
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
04-17-2024, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
» Views: 100
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
04-17-2024, 07:50 AM
» Views: 35
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 585,151
[WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: u-kidjp
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 604

Pinebook Pro not powering on when eMMC hardware switch is off
Posted by: vgrimaldi - 06-28-2021, 12:04 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

Hi All,

I'm currently having an issue booting my Pinebook Pro.

I tried to flash an image of TwisterOS on the eMMC but I don't believe that was done correctly. 

I searched the forum and find that is possible to perform a reset option by forcing the Pine to baypass the eMMC deactivating it with the hardware switch on the SoC board.

When I'm doing that the Pinebook won't power on at all, is that anything wrong there? 

If I remove the eMMC from the slot it's not working either.

Anybody able to help?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone has decode artifact issue with gstreamer v4l2 stateless h264 decoder ?
Posted by: john_nash - 06-28-2021, 10:52 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

Hi,

I'm using this gstreamer command:

Code:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test2.mkv ! matroskademux ! v4l2slh264dec ! queue ! videoconvert ! pngenc ! multifilesink location="frame%d.png"

But the image has artifacts (link in case pic url changed).
Don't know if it's just me. Do you guys have this same problem ?

Thank you

[Image: 6HDP63mt_o.png]

Pathway to for Apps to Unstable and Stable Repositories
Posted by: biketool - 06-28-2021, 09:33 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I have looked over the wiki and have not found an answer to the process to get an app submitted and included in unstable with a pathway to stable.
there is the wishlist in the wiki,
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=wishlist
but that is simply a page anyone can submit a source link and some comments.
For example, there is a Pinephone native app called compass which is being tested on other pine compatible OSs and has been tested in Mobian as well
https://gitlab.com/lgtrombetta/pinephone.../releases/
How are apps like this built by community members nominated for inclusion?
Back in the Maemo(Nokia n900 and linux mini tablets) days there were apps which could submitted to the contrib repo as well as a stable unstable and testing repo as well as a nokia app store repo.  They all built from source on a repo autobuilder and it was mostly a community effort with little Nokia involvement until they handed everything to the Maemo community when they exited the mobile Linux space.
At this point I would understand that the effort is to be first with a daily driver means that system and core apps are the focus secondary apps are not a priority; the wishlist might be the one nomination space, but official confirmation would be nice

printing -- Manjaro ARM KDE plasma
Posted by: straightwalker - 06-28-2021, 08:54 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (8)

Hi y'all.
Has anyone managed to set up a printer with KDE plasma?
I have a standard Brother duplex that works fine with an X86 Ubuntu laptop. I've tried all the fixes mentioned here and there in the forum and can't get further than "receiving data" on the printer's led. It seems we are nearing the end of the CUPS era, but it still functions for Arch & Manjaro (not ARM) users. Where is the "cups-daemon, cups-browsed," etc.? 
There must be a simple way to print to a standard printer from Manjaro ARM KDE.
Any clues would be appreciated. I'm loving the PBP so far, especially the Falkon browser. I dumped Firefox (too bloated for my needs) but kept Chromium as a back up.
Thanks

Question Problems receiving SMS?
Posted by: danimations - 06-28-2021, 03:53 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Has anyone else experienced problems receiving SMS using Manjaro ARM Phosh? I'm on Beta 11 at the moment. I'm yet to receive any SMS since upgrading from a much earlier Beta version. Huh

Screen/Screen Protector Whitening Issue
Posted by: adjf873_n-s - 06-27-2021, 11:10 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (6)

Hello Everyone

This isn't a big issue as yet, but I thought I'd just mention it as it seems to be getting worse. I bought a Pinephone about a year ago and it came with a screen protector. I haven't had any problems with it until recently - It seems that the adhesive holding the screen protector to the screen is starting to streak. At least, I think it's the screen protector adhesive. All the whitening is occurring on the display edges, rather than the edges of the protector, as can barely be seen in my grainy photo attached. As such, I'm not sure if this might be an issue with the screen itself, but the whitening is not visible when there is a display image at these whitening sites.

I suspect that it may be something to do with prolonged heat generation from the modem/processor as the position of this whitening and the observation of it's periods of greatest growth coinciding with prolonged heat (usually from video playback). I would be curious; has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, were you able to find the cause? Also, were there any steps you took to arrest the growth of these white patches and/or ameliorate what was seen?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pinephone for Sale in Australia
Posted by: Strobe - 06-27-2021, 10:07 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hello Everyone,

I've got two Pinephones from the Manjaro Community Edition release.. One is unused but opened, the other I've kept the OS updated but never used it extensively.

I'm selling both of them. I'd like AUD$250 per phone shipping in Australia included. If you want shipping outside Australia let me know and I'll work out a price for you.

Both phones operate, are undamaged and include the original box.

How To: Custom Scaling between 100% - 200% but for Manjaro Phosh
Posted by: AwHereWeGoAgain - 06-27-2021, 08:10 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hey again.  I recently posted a howto in the Mobian side of the forum.  I wanted to post the same howto on the Manjaro side with the changes that were made to make it work on this side.  (Please note that these ideas originated from others working with the Librem 5.  I only adapted it to work with Manjaro. Please give credit to those who it is due in the link at the end.  Also note that I am in no way an expert and am much more comfortable with Debian based systems.  I am fairly new to Arch so if you know a more efficient way to complete the same task feel free to post below Smile .)

In the end what I was attempting worked so with that out of the way lets begin!

Step one. 
Install git.

Code:
sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo pacman -git

Step two.  
Install all of the Manjaro equivalents to the original Debian commands.  (This could take a while....it downloads around 300-400 meg?)
Code:
sudo pacman -Sy base-devel

Press enter when it asks what you want to install.....I just installed everything.

Then
Code:
sudo pacman -S ninja
sudo pacman -S meson
sudo pacman -S cmake
sudo pacman -S wayland
sudo pacman -S pkgconf
We should now have all the things necessary to install wlr-randr

Step 3
Lets build it. Smile 

Code:
git clone https://github.com/emersion/wlr-randr
cd wlr-randr
meson build
ninja -C build
sudo cp build/wlr-randr /usr/local/bin

Step 4
Lets run it.
You can now enter a number between 1 and 2 for your scale

Code:
wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 1.5

I mentioned this in the Mobian side but I find that "wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 1.35" works best for me as anything smaller uses the smaller keypad that is very difficult to type on.  

Hope people find this helpful!

Now....if I could just get it to keep the current scale when I reboot that would be nice.  Rolleyes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to original data. 
https://puri.sm/posts/easy-librem-5-app-...he-screen/

How To: Set up custom scaling for those who want sizes between 100%-200%
Posted by: AwHereWeGoAgain - 06-27-2021, 06:48 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello, I have been attempting to figure out how to setup custom scaling in the pine phone as the default 200% is WAY to big for all apps to work well and 100% gets apps working well but makes the keyboard so small it becomes difficult to type.  

I have read several articles concerning the Librem 5 and have come up with the following fix.  
(Please note that I am using other peoples work so please credit them where they are due.  I will post links to the sites I got everything from.)  

Step one.

We will be using an application called "wlr-randr" and we will be installing it from Github. 

To begin, we must first install "Git"

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install git

After this is done we can begin installing "wlr-randr"

I added sudo after "meson build" and "ninja -c build" as you do need elevated privileges to run these.   
Code:
sudo apt install build-essential ninja-build meson cmake libwayland-dev pkg-config
git clone https://github.com/emersion/wlr-randr
cd wlr-randr
sudo meson build
sudo ninja -C build
sudo cp build/wlr-randr /usr/local/bin

Now the part we have been waiting for Wink

This will scale your screen to a size in between 100 and 200 percent.  
Code:
wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 1.5

Personally I ended up sticking with "wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 1.35" as anything smaller uses the smaller keyboard that is used in 100% scaling.  This way I get the best of both worlds.

Hope this helps folks out.  
Sometime soon, I hope to give this a shot on Manjaro Phosh and see how it goes.  Currently, I have only got it working on Mobian.

It appears you can also make a GUI for this using YAD.  The link below has the details on that.
https://puri.sm/posts/easy-librem-5-app-development-scale-the-screen/
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...d-with-git

How To: set up custom lock screen and app-grid for Phosh based systems
Posted by: AwHereWeGoAgain - 06-27-2021, 04:29 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

So I just wanted to make this information more readily available to those who are new or want a custom lock screen for their pine phone.  I love the Phosh based OS's but I wanted a little more glam like PlasMo had.

I just want everyone to know that I didn't come up with any of this information.  It was all posted originally by Lowkeylone on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinephone/comme...to_phoshs/

Basically you need to create a new file. It will be located in this folder ----> ~/.config/gtk-3.0   and it will be called "gtk.css"   
(I did this on my laptop with the SD card inserted so I could use mouse and keyboard to save me a little hassle.)

Copy and paste this data into your new file:

Code:
/*
* Set a background for the lockscreen.
*/
phosh-lockscreen, .phosh-lockshield {
  background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)),
                    url('file:///home/lowkey/Pictures/background.jpg');
  background-size: cover;
  background-position: center;
}

/*
* Set a background for the app grid.
*/
phosh-app-grid {
  background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)),
                    url('file:///home/lowkey/Pictures/background.jpg');
  background-size: cover;
  background-position: center;
}

Make sure you change the file paths to match the image file you want to use.

For best results it was suggested that the file be resized to 720X1440.  I simply used gimp to crop/resize the image.  

It went well for me.  I just had to make it my wallpaper as well for it to seem seamless while loading apps and stuff.

This should work on other OS's that run Phosh as well. 

Good luck!