Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,131
» Latest member: GreenSolar
» Forum threads: 15,690
» Forum posts: 114,581

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Writing to SD card possib...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: Fadazo
3 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 3,330
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: Haddoud
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
How to do automatic login...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Haddoud
4 hours ago
» Views: 1,010
Armbian and LibreELEC and...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: balbes150
10 hours ago
» Replies: 148
» Views: 59,828
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
Today, 05:34 AM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 2,273
More powerful smartwatch?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: JohnDoes
Today, 01:50 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Firmware Update for PineP...
Forum: General
Last Post: TimothyRodriguez
Today, 01:00 AM
» Views: 30
Progress on Wifi Chip
Forum: PineTab Hardware
Last Post: frtodd
Yesterday, 10:25 AM
» Views: 64
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: traut
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Views: 44
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
Last Post: Der Geist der Maschine
Yesterday, 12:01 AM
» Views: 76

Sad Problems with Twinkle SIP Application, strerror_r is not available
Posted by: phone123 - 07-04-2021, 12:58 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

I am having trouble with the Twinkle SIP application.

I am able to use Zoiper on my laptop, but Zoiper won't run in PinePhone. (If I am wrong, please send me a link so I can install.)

For the Zoiper app, I use the following information:

username (123456)
password (135790)
and the SIP server sip.companyname.abc

I put these in Twinkle and when I try to connect, I get an error:

Failed to create a UDP socket (SIP) on port 5060

strerror_r is not available: 98

I am also not sure where I should be putting the information I have into Twinkle in order to log in correctly. Twinkle has many, many options and I did my best, but it just won't seem to connect.

Does anyone know what to do?

Tongue how to manage userscripts
Posted by: Uturn - 07-04-2021, 01:54 AM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (7)

hello, I need a beginners help or a tutorial, to learn sxmo's user scripts, please [Image: tongue.png]

1) I am too stupid to be able to ssh to my pinephone (from OSX)
2) installed Thunar and found my empty unserscripts folder
3) would like to locate userscripts and copy them to my userscropts folder
4) on edit userscripts and ../ I get a list of contacts.tsv, hooks/, userscripts/, xinit of course, none of these menus does anything, probably because my userscripts folder is empty.

Now if I could locate some scripts in the internet, download them, and copy them into the userscripts folder (with firefox and thunar), I imagine that might be a first step. Later do the same via ssh. Are there any helpful links for shell scripting and sxmo scripts?

On https://git.sr.ht/~mil/ I see much about scripting but very few that I can understand ;(
There seems to exist a script to sleep the phone after a while. I would like to install it and see what it does.

Librewolf Browser on PBP
Posted by: ezryder324r - 07-03-2021, 06:36 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

Has anyone gotten "Librewolf Browser  to work on their PBP? If so let us know.

Linux vs NetBSD NIS passwords
Posted by: KC9UDX - 07-03-2021, 02:16 PM - Forum: General - Replies (20)

Does anyone know how to get Linux (Debian, Manjaro, etc.) to cooperate with a NetBSD NIS server?

The only thing that doesn't work is user passwords.  Linux clients recognise NIS users but will not authenticate them.  I do not have this problem with NetBSD or Solaris clients.  Nobody else seems to run into this.

Safety issues with numeric login and sudo passord
Posted by: Line - 07-03-2021, 01:01 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (5)

I can’t be the only n00b PinePhone-owner who’s not too excited about how my ordinary user can sudo with the PinePhone’s lockscreen PIN-code? This is the case in both Manjaro and Mobian. If one should be the victim of a brute force password attack, even a 16-20 digit numerical password is cracked before you can blink, and the attacker can log in as root with it. Numerical password is also a lot easier to see (few, big buttons) and memorize in a «over the shoulder password attack» than be an alphanumerical one with upprcase, lowercase and special characters.

I have actual enemies skilled in «pentesting» (cracking) who have subjected every aspect of my digital life to targeted attacks, often successfully, so my need for device security probably exceeds the average internet surfer, but even the typical average user with no personal enemies could get hurt by crackers who have the knowledge of this numerical password issue on Mobian and Manjaro. 

I’ve tried several guides found online, for setting privileges and demanding root passwd for sudo, but there aren’t as many n00bs posting these stupid questions about Mobian or ManjaroARM as there are people answering these questions about desktop Ubuntu. Please help! How to fix this on different distros respectively? Removing sudo privileges will permanently lock you out of root on Mobian because the only way to log in as root is sudo -i with the lockscreen PIN code, while on ManjaroARM that might be a solution. Please help!

receive a blank screen after expanding SD on first boot
Posted by: ~Daniel~ - 07-02-2021, 07:03 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

New PinePhone user who is also relatively new to Linux as well.

I picked up a 512GB Samsung EVO Select SD and used Rufus in Win10 to restore the mobian-pinephone-phosh-20210517.img I downloaded from https://images.mobian-project.org/pinephone/ (parent of the "installer" folder).

The phone booted to the Mobius splash screen right away; which was a good sign... and indicated it was expanding the disk on first boot.

At some point (maybe after 15 minutes), the screen blanked (transitioned from the splash disk expansion screen)... you could still see the backlight was on... just no more messages echoed to the screen.

In case it was still busy, I left the phone alone to do its thing for about an hour... then powered it down.

I took the SD out of the phone and installed it back into my USB/SD card reader on my PC, brought up the disk manager, and confirmed the partitions had been expanded out to consume the entire disk... 8MB Unallocated, 504 MB Active Primary Partition, and a 476.41 GB Primary partition.

So as far as I can tell, the phone booted the SD image and expanded the disk like it said it was going to, and then went completely silent/blank... was I not patient enough waiting an hour for something to show on the screen, did I pickup an SD that was too big, should I have used the installer image, or is there a known issue here that I can take an action on to yield a successful boot?

In the mean time I also want to test this new SD... so I've used the Win10 Disk Manager to delete the two allocated partitions, created one large NTFS partition, and am in the process of copying a single 368GB (nvme backup) file to it... Windows suggested it was going to take ~80 minutes to copy the file @ 80 MB/s.... at the time of this writing 28% of the file has been written (~103GB) with a 55min ETA.

Hopefully the SD proves to be good... I post again (or maybe just update this post) with those results, and look forward to everyone's feedback and help.

EDIT: I think the SD is good...  The 368GB file copied successfully at a sustained 80GB/s second average (bounced between 79.6 and 80.6), I even mounted the backup image, browsed the folder structure, and opened a few random files to confirm their contents were read correctly.  I don't think my issue is that the SD is bad.

rock64, compile problems "illegal instruction", "memory fault" -> ddr_333Mhz?
Posted by: klausfelix - 07-02-2021, 03:13 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - No Replies

Hello,

Since owning my rock64 (4GB version)  I had always problems compiling larger projects on the device itself.

I tried many things like an other ac-adapter, different micro-sdcards, compiling on USB, different host-images, compiling only on two cores than
one core, gcc-5, 6, 7, swap on,  nothing helped.

The compiler always runs in errors like "illegal instruction" or "memory fault" that were temporal as they disappeared at the next
try.

After playing around with the rockchip boot flow on the rockpro64 I got the idea to check the driver for the external memory interface.
All host-images I tried on the rock64 use the same driverfile "rk3328_ddr_786MHz_v1.13.bin", so I gave the rock64 an other try with
rk3328_ddr_333MHz_v1.13.bin at offset 0x8800 on the boot device.

After reboot I compiled the ayufan-kernel on the device itself with 4 cores on internal sdcard. Worked, no error like before.

Yesterday I took an external USB-HD with the source of palemoon compiled from USB, wrote the objectfiles to the internal sdcard, 4 cores, swap on. It took the whole night, but the build completed successfully. No error like before.

Can someone tell me the negative implications when using the 333MHz-version of this driver?

Mobile connection vanishes on Phosh
Posted by: Barugon - 07-02-2021, 01:34 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (10)

Occasionally, the mobile connection icon vanishes from the dropdown and is gone from the preferences. Does anyone know what's causing this? Is the modem manager crashing? Is there an update or workaround that I can try?

Stock Debian on original Pinebook
Posted by: moonwalkers - 07-02-2021, 12:18 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - Replies (1)

In case anyone is still using their original Pinebook - I pulled mine out of storage couple days ago and installed Debian Sid on it. Everything is working fine so far, except Bluetooth, sound, and deep sleep. The only special thing I had to do is build kernel module separately for WiFi.

I used https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/arm6...rd-images/ to create a Debian installer SD card. Generally installer worked, but letting it do it's own thing hands-off resulted in a system that's not bootable without an SD card. To make it bootable 16MiB free space is required in the beginning of the eMMC (I didn't try using SPI flash). So I partitioned eMMC manually, creating a single ext4 partition that starts at 16MiB mark and takes all of eMMC - I didn't want the hassle with any special partitioning. After that I went through the installation, and in the end installed u-boot-sunxi and ran `u-boot-install-sunxi64 /dev/mmcblk0` (make sure you got the right device number) to install u-boot. One thing to note though is I used u-boot-sunxi from experimental - it seems the version in Unstable is not yet able to boot from ext4 partitions. After that the system boots fine on its own, but doesn't have any WiFi. To get WiFi working I cloned https://github.com/Icenowy/rtl8723cs, installed basic build dependencies (build-essential, linux-headers-arm64), cd to the folder, `make && sudo make install && sudo modprobe 8723cs`. After that I installed the rest of the packages and got a full working system. For KDE Plasma QML not to glitch all the time I had to set QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL to 1 (I added `QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL=1` line to /etc/environment).

Tongue Hello my frend. How to fix my boot problem?
Posted by: carinosa - 07-02-2021, 11:19 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (6)

I am a new user in Linux and a new owner of a pinebook pro from Russia Smile . How to fix booting after incorrect installation of Manjaro?[Image: 8352IMG_0859_800.jpg][Image: i.gif][Image: IMG_0858_800.jpg][Image: i.gif]