Beginner seeking details
I have had a sealed watch  a short while..  I can flash firmware using RF Connect. But I am missing information.  For each Inifinitime firmware, is there an updated bootloader.  For other firmware using the MCU bootloader, where do I find them?
I am thinking of migrating to Wasp-OS for a Star Trek themed face.  I see the tutorial but still want to know where other modded firmware can be found?
(10-23-2021, 03:14 PM)ronaldheld Wrote: I am thinking of migrating to Wasp-OS for a Star Trek themed face.  I see the tutorial but still want to know where other modded firmware can be found?

Note that wasp-os requires the Nordic Softdevice so it cannot use mcuboot (which has an incompatible memory map). Instead it runs a variant of the Adafruit bootloader which must be installed before you install the main wasp-os binaries.

StarTrek mod is here: https://github.com/graynada/wasp-os
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(10-25-2021, 07:41 AM)danielt Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 03:14 PM)ronaldheld Wrote: I am thinking of migrating to Wasp-OS for a Star Trek themed face.  I see the tutorial but still want to know where other modded firmware can be found?

Note that wasp-os requires the Nordic Softdevice so it cannot use mcuboot (which has an incompatible memory map). Instead it runs a variant of the Adafruit bootloader which must be installed before you install the main wasp-os binaries.

Thanks for the reply.  I will have to check out your link.  Perhaps premature, but I can use the tutorial to go from Infinitime to Wasp-OS before I install the Trek firmware?
(10-25-2021, 03:31 PM)ronaldheld Wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I will have to check out your link.  Perhaps premature, but I can use the tutorial to go from Infinitime to Wasp-OS before I install the Trek firmware?

I think so. The video is still entirely relevant... but I've never tried the startrek mod.

Don't worry too much about that though... swapping bootloaders is the highest risk part of the operation (and is fairly defensively coded to minimize risk as much as we can). Once you have a working wasp-bootloader installed it is extremely difficult to break the system... so it's safe to switch from wasp-os to the startrek modded version and back again.
(10-26-2021, 07:37 AM)danielt Wrote:

I think so. The video is still entirely relevant... but I've never tried the startrek mod.

Don't worry too much about that though... swapping bootloaders is the highest risk part of the operation (and is fairly defensively coded to minimize risk as much as we can). Once you have a working wasp-bootloader installed it is extremely difficult to break the system... so it's safe to switch from wasp-os to the startrek modded version and back again.

I cannot find micropython.zip file. Am i missing the site where it is? I do have pinetime-mcuboot-recovery-loader-dfu-0.14.1.zip.
Edit: I did find wasp-os-v0.4.1.zip but that file is over 3 Mb.
(10-30-2021, 07:59 AM)ronaldheld Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 07:37 AM)danielt Wrote:

I cannot find micropython.zip file. Am i missing the site where it is? I do have pinetime-mcuboot-recovery-loader-dfu-0.14.1.zip.
Edit: I did find wasp-os-v0.4.1.zip but that file is over 3 Mb.

Are there current .zip files to go from Infinitime to Wasp-OS and back again?  I prefer not to brick my watch learning new code in an unfamiliar development environment.
Did you find the install guide? https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...-downloads

wasp-os-v0.4.1.zip contains the documentation together a set of binaries for each of the supported devices in appropriately named directories (build-pinetime/ in your case).
(11-08-2021, 05:39 AM)danielt Wrote: Did you find the install guide? https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...-downloads

wasp-os-v0.4.1.zip contains the documentation together a set of binaries for each of the supported devices in appropriately named directories (build-pinetime/ in your case).

I read the parts involving Pinetime and RF Connect. What I unusually , but did not do, is look inside the .zip file. I will do the flashing later tonight, nd remember how to access time services.
(11-09-2021, 07:47 AM)ronaldheld Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 05:39 AM)danielt Wrote: Did you find the install guide? https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...-downloads

I read the parts involving Pinetime and RF Connect. What I unusually , but did not do, is look inside the .zip file. I will do the flashing later tonight, nd remember how to access time services.

I did both flashings with no problem.
On fhe next update, could you enable a 12 hour option for the digital display? How much code would it take to enable BT time setting?
(11-10-2021, 07:50 AM)ronaldheld Wrote: I did both flashings with no problem.
On fhe next update, could you enable a 12 hour option for the digital display?  How much code would it take to enable BT time setting?

Great to hear.

Regarding clock faces I'd strongly recommend trying to implement that yourself! The main goal of wasp-os is to make *writing* watch applications easy and fun (for certain definitions of fun). In other words providing tools that allow people to write their own watch faces is the heart and soul of wasp-os (and why the Star Trek mod is awesome even if I don't use it). Getting someone to implement it for you is denying yourself the journey! If you do want to take the journey the the Application Writer's guide is there to help you (https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest/appguide.html ). Note that you copy wasp/apps/clock.py into apps/myclock.py (and rename a few bits and bobs) then it should appear in the simulator for testing. After that you can follow the appguide to learn how to install it on your watch.

For BT time setting you can use GadgetBridge (or `wasptool --rtc`) to set the time from your phone (or Linux laptop/RPi4).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime beginner MV1791 2 2,199 01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Canyonless