Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,151
» Latest member: Vista8720
» Forum threads: 15,696
» Forum posts: 114,608

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
power button not working
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: Vista8720
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 11:33 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
Yesterday, 08:53 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 114
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
Yesterday, 12:20 AM
» Views: 379
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-06-2024, 09:27 AM
» Views: 608
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
05-06-2024, 08:32 AM
» Views: 100
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-06-2024, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
05-05-2024, 07:42 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 2,472
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 372
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 141

Question Parrot OS for Pinebook Pro
Posted by: junefish - 01-21-2022, 12:50 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

I found this thread from 5 years ago talking about Parrot OS, but I can't find any more recent posts about it.  parrotsecurity.org doesn't seem to have any ARM images.

How to use "ufw" firewall with Waydroid?
Posted by: tk1107 - 01-21-2022, 10:14 AM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Waydroid is still unbelievable. No problems. I can access the internet fine with my firewall "ufw" disabled. When I enable "ufw", I get no connection. I tried some basic allow rules for ufw and tried to allow the IP address listed on the "About" page inside Lineage OS, but still no luck. Before I break something, I wanted to ask for advice.

What do I need to do to let Waydroid through "ufw" (firewall) and access the internet? I have a VPN running, but there are no issues with this at all. I am comfortable with working in the terminal and I know about the rules file in /etc/ufw. Will there be some "routing" rules and if so, what would they be? When I looked a my network, I saw "waydroid0" along with "wlan0" and the rest.

Thanks for your time.

keyboard and usb-c
Posted by: oihantto64 - 01-21-2022, 09:56 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (17)

Hello,
I have a pinephone with arch phos. Since I installed the pine 64 keyboard on my pinephone, the usb-c dock no longer works: neither the usb jack nor the rj45 jack, is it a hardware incompatibility or a software problem?

LTE Modem option
Posted by: bcnaz - 01-21-2022, 12:20 AM - Forum: PineTab Hardware - Replies (1)

Any news on the LTE modem option for the PineTab ?

It would be handy to not be limited to wifi  for connecting,  calls would be a bonus.

In an older thread, they had said the LTE modem was going to be available in the future, 
as a user installed option for the PineTab.

Very low battery (but charging) causes boot failures
Posted by: Phillip Bell - 01-20-2022, 07:08 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

PBP, Manjaro+KDE Plasma, 1TB memory chip extended.

When the battery is completely dead on PBP, I plug in the standard adapter.  A few minutes later, I proceed to boot.  In this state, the SOC seems to fail at different points, depending on the battery level.

Sometimes, it fails before the login screen.  After another attempt, it will during OS initialization (I see the Manjaro logo, then fails to terminal faults).  After another attempt, it will get all the way to the login screen, but after I login, it drops to terminal faults.

The workaround is simple - just wait about 10 minutes for it to charge a bit more, and all start-up works fine.  

It seems that it is tied to the level of battery that is available, and it fails at different point, if the battery is at 1%

Prepare Pinebook Pro for Sale
Posted by: GFreeman - 01-20-2022, 02:39 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (11)

Hello,

I've decided to sell my Pinebook Pro. It's a great machine, but I don't use it. Perhaps someone else can use it.

I'm still a real noob with Linux, so I'm not sure how best to prepare it for sale and wipe it. It's running Debian because I couldn't get it to login in when I first bought it, so I flashed Debian onto it instead.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I could easily wipe it of personal information to prepare it for sale, I'd be grateful.

Best,

Graham

Pinephone Keyboard for sale
Posted by: gei3r - 01-20-2022, 10:25 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (2)

It's just too big for me...

Sale only in Germany
€50 + shipping or pickup in Hamburg

Cannot boot from SD on Convergence 3 GB model
Posted by: Natzer - 01-19-2022, 09:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (10)

I recently purchased a 3 GB convergence edition pinephone and much as I like KDE Plasma on the desktop, I found it rather slow and frequently lagging, so I tried to test Mobian-Posh.
Sadly, the phone never actually boots from the SD card, I'm always greeted by the spinning KDE gear.
fdisk -l and lsblk on the phone do list the SD card.
I put the latest Mobian, Ubuntu Touch and PostmarketOS as well as an old Mobian build (see below) onto the card with either bmaptool or dd, without any issues, though none of them boots.
These threads from various forums

https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/86
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11259
https://www.reddit.com/r/PINE64official/...pinephone/

suggest that this is due to the convergence edition having 3 GB of RAM but apparently displaying it internally as 4, which the builds have to take into account.
However, these threads are from 2020 so I can hardly imagine that this is still the issue. They also mention a Mobian 3rd September 2020 nightly build which works, however it is not listed anymore and the closest thing I found was the 5th September 2020 non-nightly release, though it also did not work.

A very recent thread

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15703

describes the SD card not working on a 3 GB model, though since it is at least found in my case, I am not sure how related this issue is.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

APN Interface
Posted by: tallfrye - 01-19-2022, 08:50 PM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (13)

Trying to activate my Pinephone with Danctnix/phosh using a Mint SIM. It is showing full bars and a 3G/4G alternating symbol, but data shows an 'x' and I'm not able to do calls or texts. In the Access Point setting screen I've added "Ultra"/"Wholesale" and "Mint"/"Wholesale" according to instructions I've found in a few places, but neither one has brought about successful calls. Is there someplace to enter the other configuration data Mint offers?

This might be on the Mint/T-Mo end, I had trouble with connectivity with the previous phone I tried to activate with, but that was okay for calls just data trouble. I'll call up a Mint rep, but I have a feeling they won't have info on what to do with various PinePhone OSs...

No Application Data PMOS 21.12.1
Posted by: Captain1ndustry - 01-19-2022, 08:45 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (4)

When I open Software I see no apps and am unable to search for any. I've flashed and re-flashed my pinephone with the latest installer image and the app store still doesn't have any apps. I've also run apk upgrade -a  and apk fix. Neither has worked to fix this. Does anyone have  fix for this or do I need to try and submit a bug report?